Desaix vs. Sombra PBEM

Sombra

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dow on Sweden, usual invasion process...

French corps in Bergen has been destroyed...

Italian conquered Malta...

Irakis getting ready to figth in Bagdad... Some Italian sent to support them...

[ November 17, 2004, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Desaix ]

Stockholm missed, but surrounded and emptied, will fall next turn...

A new english corps came to be slaughtered in Bergen...

English treasure down to 200 mpp smile.gif

Hungaria, Rumania joined Axis...

Italian about to land in empty Tripoli next turn...

An italian army landed in Egypte to cut the attack to Irak... A bunch of corps are also on Egyptian shore, Suez threaten...

[ November 17, 2004, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Desaix ]

Some more comments:

Time end 05.1940 . USA is around 20%??... and UDSSR 48%. I am a little bit surprised by Desaix aggressive Med play transports landing in big numbers, AF in Bagdahd etc. LR AF killing 2 of my guard ships in the MED together with newly build itlain subs. Still my fleet or what is left from it is somewhere else then the Med. ;) Because I didn´t knew if Desaix would go for quick sealion.

Hopsfully the vodka addicts will get aggressive very soon...

I did couple of errors (like landing betwen Cairo and Suez) that allowed my to learn some more tricks from Sombra :D ...

The rest of Irak operations and med operations went well... I missed by a couple of turns a very nasty counter, I thought about it to late... Next time I see an Italian gambit I won't miss it smile.gif

Despite of this I am still confident as I am preparing... something...

Hehe, yes your Italina gambit is pretty good so far, but it can be improved, especily in having the same results at lower costs imo...

Yougoslavia joined allies, toke unprotected Albania but uder attacked this tunrn, captial weakened...

Bergen uk corps slaughtered... Bagdad surround by terrorists, rescue is coming...

Still preparing christmas...

Irak shot free by the last unit strengh 1 :eek: .

If not next turn most probabl this unit would have been killed anyway by the evil itlalians sitting in the dessert as the allied troops do.

Anyway I have been very lucky in my dessert campaign. I learned a lot for next time.

Axis contiunues to build ships. It seems that London in the end is still one of the mayor tourist attractions in the world?

More transports at the african coast

Yupp, airfleet stands now in Irak. Why didn´t you send two AF down? Irak cut off again and allies happly demolish parked planes in the desert. Yougos fight on. Monty looses some coffee as the axis shows LR2 and hits his HQ. Sub north of Scrap Flow attacked by three ships and an AF but still floats around.

Finaly...

Yougo still figthing with Bulgarian, Romanian, etc... Should be finished next turn...

Minor figths in Africa, still figths around Bagdad and in the desert... Irak still in the Axe, since 1939, like good old whisky...

German transports finaly around Scotland... These preparations toke a hell of time, but here we are ...

@Sombra about AF : one was enough to hold Bagdad, as some ground toops were on the way... AF better used on tea drinkers smile.gif

[ November 19, 2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Desaix ]

Here we are, don´t know where these pesky AF are if not I don´t like visitors in Scotland and would have sunk them. Lets see if he is serious with the landing. Can´t believe it I am losing the landbattle in Irak. No damagr in 5 attacks with ground groups on his AF.

Visitor landed in Scotland and some more are coming... Luftwaf raided Scotland to: 1 RAF destroyed, all the carriers had to do interceptions...

Killed one Bit corps running away in the desert, another Uk corps down to 1 next to Bagdad...

Don't worry , underestimating Irak battlefield is a common mistake as we can see in the news :D

Headlines today: Shipwreck before Scotland coast.

Army transport sunk. Germany speaks of slaughter . GB says natural disaster.

Scotland: German tass force lands HQ+Army+Corps drinks all the whisky. More visitors spotted at the coast.

Battle in Irak: GB only statement: Our boys fight on.

Other news:

Yougo has fallen, sub spotted at Gibraltar.

Germans troops slowly moving down from the Highlands to Edinburgh...

Sub moving to carriers protected by half sunk boats (down to 1)... Landing next to Edinburgh, one Uk corps destroyed, city garison corps down to 4...

Tansports arriving in south of England to

In Irak, another Uk corps killed...

Italians not moving much in Africa, messing around Tobruk...

2 german armies without support strandet south of Edinburgh. Sub down to 4 and corpstransport down to 2. Carriers force german AF to intercept. Monty goes to the mountains.healthier there with all this german LR around. North Africa loosing in Irak winning the battle of Tobruk. Guess where the itlians are fighting.