how long can you hold paris?

russellmz

i once managed to hold on till nov(comp exp at default, dfficulty at max). i stripped the brits of an army and built more airfleets. i had the low countries surviving army defend paris. i moved as many fleets as possible into the channel to bombard any germans on the coast of france.

any tips to holding it longer?

Originally posted by russellmz:

i once managed to hold on till nov(comp exp at default, dfficulty at max). i stripped the brits of an army and built more airfleets. i had the low countries surviving army defend paris. i moved as many fleets as possible into the channel to bombard any germans on the coast of france.

any tips to holding it longer?

Held on the entire demo. But sacrificed both the Brit and French fleets to do so...

Seems the German Air will pick the ships to bomb first before any land units... it's gamey, but it was the critical difference.

Also, had the Brit HQ in France, and eventually had a French HQ as well.

I'm sure this will all change later this week, when I'm playing the full version... ;)

Aloid

Depends on how all-out you want to go. You can disband the overseas units to collect their MPPs (or transport the one in NAfrica. As well as disband the French air fleet and buy an HQ if you like (or Armies/Corps). Don't bother with tanks; they're too expensive and don't pack much extra punch. Also, abandon Marseilles.

It's helpful to try to put units to the north and south of the capital. If, after the Germans break through, you can bunch up your units East of Paris and encourage the AI to send troops around to try to surround the city. Their units on the western side of Paris will be much lower in supply and be unable to put up much of a fight.

Disbanding the UK strategic bomber (and even the Brit air fleet for that matter) to create ground units to take over is often useful. And make sure the HQ goes with them.

I once held out the entire demo doing everything I could think of (including emptying England as well as the Med). It worked for the short demo vs the AI; it's not advisable for the full game. smile.gif

- Chris

[ July 01, 2002, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Wolfe ]