Endless winning streak over..Dragonheart wins ag Terif

Dragonheart

Dragonheart, well done.. Only a true Master of this game can achieve a victory over Terif

I know you were in my Wednesday EU2 Game now. ;) You know I didn't realize you were an SC Pal. You were caught between Dave and Drew, the two most Cooperative Warmongering players in the game. Like Rambo and Terif on either side of ya.. Don't be shy come back some time, you can give me SC Lessons I'll give you EU2 Lessons..

Originally posted by Liam:

Dragonheart, well done.. Only a true Master of this game can achieve a victory over Terif

I know you were in my Wednesday EU2 Game now. ;) You know I didn't realize you were an SC Pal. You were caught between Dave and Drew, the two most Cooperative Warmongering players in the game. Like Rambo and Terif on either side of ya.. Don't be shy come back some time, you can give me SC Lessons I'll give you EU2 Lessons..

Wednesday game? huh i cant remember..some names are in my mind Drake,Bocaj,Temujin,Patoche,Sanders,Juv,Devil...toname some.....EU2 was great fun for me and i performed very good for my first EU2 MP game before i tried even HOI...but this was during my burnout time from SC....

Its very diffucult to be excellent in more games .you have to concentrate on one thing..or you are just "good" in all of them.

Currently i maxed out my Axis game optimising the combination of LR,AA,HQ command ...etc ... for me it was a puzzle i linked together all things i saw concerning this matter and created my ultimative strategy.

But i agree with Terif that this AA strategy is destroying a decent game and in future i will also play with AA rule.

But sorry for all ongoing games ...with zapp,avatar and some others....i will kick your ass one more time :D ....and also without this strategy i m a bad ass player ;)

First, congratulations to Dragonheart for a very well played game and his first victory against me smile.gif .

It was a really interesting game with several turning points that was not decided until nearly the end in 1944. Here a summary from the allied point of view:

- France went well for Axis with only 1 corps on the ground lost and fell the axis turn after June 23, 1940. Remarkable: Germany sent its fleet to Brussel to fight against the Royal Navy. Cruiser and sub got sunk, the last cruiser escaped. Later Germany bought another sub to destroy the russian navy.

Nevertheless Allies were able to save 3 armies, 8 corps and the 2 med units from France – so it was not bad for both Allies and Axis.

- After France the usual minor grabbing, german air in Egypt showed already lv 2 LR.

- September/October 1940 Italy sent 3 battleships to Gibraltar for bombarding the garrison. Allies took revanche and sunk all 3 italians. Transports threatened Sicily and Algier, so Germany was forced to operate HQ + some AFs to Sicily.

- To celebrate christmas :D , Axis assaulted Russia and killed all heavy units except one air with their LR lv 3. Western Allies immediately promised to send help and launched a massive invasion fleet against the occupied France.

- Unfortunately the allied scientists were bribed by enemy undercover agents and sabotaged all advances despite 5 chits in jets since around a year. So UK was only able to steal jet lv 1 technology and some LR from Germany. But for a successful invasion, England needs at least lv 2 jets, better lv 3.

- So during D-day number 1 in March/April 1942, Allies were able to conquer Brussel and Brest, but without sufficient jet technology it was not possible to kill all the german AFs hiding in their cities (only 2 got destroyed). Germany sent 8 AFs to the West (3 in Russia) using german cities and mines as airbases so every single AF was able to use the lv 2 AA bonus they had researched – in every city and mine from Bordeaux, Marseilles, Cologne, Essen, Hamburg up to Berlin there was an AF forcing intercepts. So Allies had no choice than to go for Dunkirk 2 and they left France to first research a higher jet level before they would come back.

- Allies took heavy losses in the fightings and at the end of the battles, Axis were 2:1 superior in numbers according to the report screen. But the game was not over – Some quick jet research results could have turned the tide very fast...or a surprise attack at another front can have the same effect ;) .

- So since most of the german air was in the west and the russian front was quiet, Russia first conquered Finland and then started the attack on Turkey in July/August 1942. Istanbul got conquered, the eastern turkish city fell and russian units were entering Iraq/Egypt. But when italian units operated to the turkish capital and a HQ and other transports arrived, it was not possible any more to force Turkey surrendering. Italian corps with AT 3 can´t be killed by 3 ground units any more and Russia had only 1 AF left. So Russia built a defense line east of the capital and rescued as much from the units in western Turkey as possible.

- Germany sent its AFs to Russia and Turkey, conquering the middle part of Russia from Leningrad to Kharkov – the elite of the russian forces had been sent to the middle east battles, so there was not much resistance.

- While the battles in Turkey were still raging, UK finally developed jets lv 3 in September 1942 (with 5 chits this was already over a year behind the average...). Now they were able to compete with the german air and to kill them in their cities if necessary.

- So a winter offensive and D-day number 2 was started in September 1942. Until April 1943 Allies liberated LC and France including Bordeaux, and the french mine. Russia liberated Iraq and Beirut. Many axis units died in the heavy battles, so in April 1943 Allies managed to reach nearly a 1:1 unit ratio again (from 2:1 ! smile.gif ). Since with France (80mps), LC (30mpps) and Iraq (80 mpps for England) + Middle east, Allies now had effectively more mpps/turn than Axis, so the situation looked relatively good for Allies for some time.

A good example that you never should give up too early, even if the situation looks grim smile.gif . In SC there are a lot of opportunities to turn the tide even if at the moment beeing inferior in mpps, tech and units – like Allies were after D-day 1 smile.gif .

- But not only Allies can turn the tide, Axis can do the same. Unfortunately Germany catched up in jets very fast and when it reached lv 3 jets too, it swiched all air back to the West. So most of the 13 german AFs operated to their german cities to use the AA bonus (up to Berlin and Prague...). Since with AA Germany was 2 tech levels ahead of the UK air (and 3 vs USA, they still were at lv 2 jets...) and since AA works also against carriers, the allied air got trashed – no AF killed, but all out of order after the first battle. So Allies had no choice than to perform Dunkirk 3 and to leave France another time.

- Some time later Germany switched some AFs back to Russia and bought another 2 (increasing the AFs to 15). Axis took Moskov and started killing one corps/turn to advance slowly further east. 8-10 AFs were still waiting in their cities in the West.

- England trained in the meantime their carriers at Oslo while waiting for better tech. When they finally got jets 4 in Sept./Oct. 1943 and Axis abandoned Oslo to avoid further training, they started their final offensive – the last chance to turn the war. UK forces liberated Norway and strong US ground forces entered Sweden – protected by the 3 carriers and several AFs.

- The end of the war:

Secretly Germany developed LR 4 (UK LR 3, USA: LR 1). So they now were able to reach the allied carriers from their cities in Germany and to attack them directly. In the following airbattles 2 german AFs got destroyed, but Germany had enough mpps to replace them in contrary to Allies and again was at 15 AFs – vs 6 allied ones + 3 now heavily damaged carriers. The end came fast since there was no sense in retreating any more and delaying the inevitable – so Allies sent into battle what was left of them and like expected they lost some air and their carriers.

Nevertheless, as a last act: Allies sent a commando unit and 3 US armies into Sweden to find the house of a certain person (codename: Z... :D ), the traitor scientist who helped Germany 1940-42 until he had been discovered and fled to his home town in Sweden. After killing the german army protecting him, his execution and buriing down his house was the last allied success before surrendering :D .