Has anyone else noticed SC demo grows on you?

The more I play it, the more I like it. Some of the abstractions (no combined attack)that I thought would be terrible just don't seem to matter that much.

Also, I am starting to think that some issues with the demo will become less of an issue in the full game (sub vulnerability). There are some things that should be tweaked, of course, but the more game time I get, the more I want to try it again.

Well BB, I was just going to post a similar thread, but you beat me to it! I think Hubert needs to change the title to 'Strategic Crack' or something. Every single time I play, the end of the demo always gets me just when things are getting really interesting! The last time, both America and Russia declared war on me at the same time, just when I had successfully started Sea Lion.

Oh well, I hope it comes out soon because I'm losing enough sleep to this little gem already.

B(just one B)

Same here. I had originally intended NOT to play the DEMO too often, as I didn't want to be tired of it by the time the full game came along...

BUT I CAN'T STOP!!! :eek:

... and I agree that all the abstractions just seem to work. Its actually very nice that the game is not overly complex, and yet somehow maintains a decent depth that allows play after play!

This is only a YEAR of the game... I can't imagine how much I'll be playing the full game!

I almost started crying when it reached the cut off in the demo, it's as much fun as my old copy of clash of steel but so much better to look at. when you start considering your options carefully you get real caught up in it.wasn't sure about it at first but BTS have got my money alright!

Originally posted by Yorick:

Anyone invaded America yet? :D

Yorick

Read my thread "America in trouble?" :D

Lord, I have been averaging at least 10-12 games a night, and the first night I probably played at least 20. Just when I think I've tried every strategy I can in the time limit, I think of something new. When I hit that last turn, it never fails to happen exactly one turn before something big was about to go down. Early summer...hey, I'm in Texas, it's already early summer here...where's my game!? :D

Originally posted by R_Leete:

Only 10-12? Waht have you been doing the rest of the time? Must be one of those slackers! :D

Sorry man, all I can get in before my mandatory 2 hours of sleep a night before work...us old folks have to keep our strength up. :D

Only 10-12? Waht have you been doing the rest of the time? Must be one of those slackers! :D

Playing UV! :D

Though I have to admit, BB is right. I got the demo and left it for a while, as I was busy sinking IJN carriers in the South Pacific. A few days later I actually got around to trying out the demo. Big mistake. Now I've cancelled all my CM games and routinely spend the wee hours of the night romping across Europe after I've had my fill of the Pacific. I've never been this short of sleep since basic training and never had so much fun! smile.gif

Originally posted by von Murrin:

I've never been this short of sleep since basic training and never had so much fun! smile.gif

What? You got sleep in Basic? Our SGTs told us it was army policy to not allow sleep for 3 months! Said it would build character or something.

Well, as to "growing on me", I have to say this. If it were some kind of rash, I'd be in real trouble. If my lawn grew that quickly, I'd be mowing it by the hour. If...well, you get the idea.

Thanks, Hubert. In spite of our endless "suggestions" and gripes, you have a hit on your hands. Kudos to you.

Now, about those subs... :D

Only 10-12? Waht have you been doing the rest of the time? Must be one of those slackers!

Between UV, & 5-8 CM PBEM turns a night, and yes, Buffy the Vampire Slayer re-runs and beer drinking, Getting in 12 or so games of SC is not bad!

Yes! Yes! Manic post alert! Anyway!

I know exactly what you mean. With other games, the demos get old, but since this game is literally different each time (see my Italy debacle), I can't stop! Those little changes, like the fact that Britain's fleet is near Canada so I sent my Norwegian forces into Edinburgh, or the fact that the Balkans are so fickle, etc, makes it incredible. !!!!!