Number Two

Was a tough decision to make, but after analyzing everything, I made the educated decision that I'm #2. Yes, yes, I know, it's immodest of me, but the truth needs to be told. Rambo, it's not personal, you're a great guy, you make great hamburgers i hear, and you know the stock market... but, sorry to push you over, I'm claiming the #2 spot. I came waaaay later than y'all in this game, but I've made leaps and bounds here, and I think my assessment is fair.

HOWEVER, only Yoda can decide who's really #2, so the final decision is up to him. I do NOT expect him to vouch for me, because of the relatively few, short games we've had.

Come SC2, I expect to be #1.

@Avatar --- Going to keep this simple, you're not even in the Top 5. You're a one plan player who decides the game "by the elbow" with the Allies only.

In our most recent duel, my record is 2-1 against you, with a circle around my loss, I gave you the "higher" big as Allies, because you couldn't even cross the Rhine as Germany. Remember I wanted a "rebid" before I take the equivilant side? Since you have no Axis game, this screws up your ability to even compete. Your post-French play is no existant.

By the way, you have no quality wins to report that I'm aware of. No live "AAR wins" in tournament conditions versus top players.

I've pocketed 2-wins against MasterYoda & have winning records against everybody else on the planet UNDER TOURNAMENT CONDITIONS. Yes, I do goof around alot with losses against Waltero-Types & "Everybody beats Liam" but those games buying German turn #3 rockets are for entertainment purposes only.

Try playing 20-hour multiple matches with DragonSlow, Clone, Zapp, or the Iron Ranger before you open your piehole. My vacation record is flawless during "Rambo standard time".

Son, if you want to be the be the best, you've gotta beat the best.

Lets settle this on the field of combat. SomeBra started this talk with a NON-tourney-type "W" against me. But in a "world watching" situation, it was a joke laying the wood & covering the spread.

In close,"If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man, but it's not beating the man, it's staying the man" --- Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Legend from Washington >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Now, lets get down to business. I live for the showcase world watching games, when are we going to get this done? I suggest a Best of 3 meeting, with complete AAR's.

I don't know how things get done in Canuck land, because I won't even go there, cause I don't want to bump into two guys holding hands & wearing wedding rings, nor do I want to visit any former American draft dodgers.

Where I'm from we've got something to say if you want to be fight 'the dog',"You're going to get down, or you're going to laydown. If you laydown, you're not going to get up." --- Great quote from another HoodRat movie.

"Hey mister, if you're looking to get your back broken...well, I'm the guy that takes care of those things around here." --- Slim Pickens to Brando in the classic cowboy flick, One Eyed Jacks.

Lets play dude, this stuff excites me. I'm not playing "Bunta" time either. Kick the game off weekend morning Legend Time (that's Pacific Northwest, USA).

Lets get this little matter over with Saturday?

LOL... turn 3 Rockets. Good idea though, I wouldn't have thought of that. You can argue that I have no Axis ability, I disagree. I admit I get frustrated and emotional when luck doesn't go my way, but that doesn't mean I can't play.

There's only one way to settle this. First of all, let's admit you're losing our current game. You lost so much in France, you have only Vichy? and it's past 41... so let's say our record is 2-2 ok? The problem is, how can you possibly determine who really is better? We need to play 10 games, at "A" game level (no rocket bull****), 5 times Axis, 5 times Allies. It's the only way. 1 game doesn't decide squat. Or, another method is each of us playing Terif like 5 games, and then he decides....

And furthermore, that elbow crap was a LONG time ago. I really don't use it more than once in a game. I tried a strategy awhile ago, but that WAS awhile ago. I'm into other stuff now. And who the hell is better than I that I don't rank top 5??? You're the only other ACTIVE player than can arguably beat me. Sombra's good, but not as good as you or I (not personal Sombra, you'll be good with more xp).

Saturday, probably can't make it... damn... what about tomorrow? Screw going to work, this is more important! I'm out at the in-laws Saturday, no chance, really.... wish i could. We had some good playtime last weekend, but can't this time around. Let me know..

Hi my friends :D

I like this kind of discussion. Normally i would say you are both to weak to claim No 2 but this time knowing that i did not play in the past months i better shut up ;)

I had this funny discussion with rambo a couple of months ago....which resulted to his 10th comback and a showdown between us which ended with a 1:1 after 40 hours playing ...one game was even going 24 hours straight AFAIK :cool: .....yeah rambo i know its because of Dragonslow :D

With the bad weather coming and still not having SC2 it´s time to enjoy SC1 again...for some ppl it´s death but not for all......

I dont care if i win or loose i dont care if i m no 2 or no 10 ...i m back to enjoy my time and have fun .....so if you see me arround dont hesitate to ask me for a game.

Cya Dragonheart

• 3 weeks later...

I am claiming the no.1 spot. Seriously, I do. Anyone who disagree with me, beat me out in battle and proof me wrong. I have come back to competetive SC gaming once again.

I take on any challenge i.e I duck no one (prequisite for being champ IMO). So, anyone who claim they beat me, either try to outrank me in ISCL (www.myleague.com/ISCL) or if you are not interested in playing a league lets try a best of 5 games and decide it. smile.gif

[ October 17, 2004, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

I agree about a tournament. I have a unique way of figuring out who gets to play. First, 8 players would be a very convenient number. Players play 2 games, one each side, at bid 225, 1:5:20 (these #'s can be modified of course). I would recommend that each person record when the other 'gave up', if they do at all. I would almost consider playing the first game 'to the end', but the 2nd can be given up earlier if it appears all is lost. Another rule, play will end when UK or USSR surrender. You do not need to conquer both.

How about an invitation tournament only? What we could do is this; I'll invite 1 person, that person invites another, then that person invites another, then that person invites another...etc, until we have 8. This is assuming they want to play of course ;) . Obviously not everyone can play, and I'd prefer it to be smaller than bigger as it's more manageable.

Tournament rules:

- No Terif

- No landings upon DoW of Italy/Russia

- No Bidding, set bid of somewhere from 200-250 (i suggest 225)

- Players have 2 weeks to finish their games before moving to the next round. Those not being able to finish forfeit. I remind you all how much winning by default sucks (try to finish your games), even if they are Homer Simpsons 2 favorite words.

First Place get's the illustrious title of 'Number 2' for the next 3 months! And Jersey John will give out the medals too, if he'll have that honour.

I invite Rambo as the 2nd person in the tourney. Play will commence as soon as everyone is chosen.

[ October 26, 2004, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: Avatar ]

Or perhaps all the rest of the participants will invite first intermediates and thereafter newbies so that their chance to win is as high as possible smile.gif )

Another qualifying system would be better, if you want it to be purely competitive. What you propose is actually a system based on honor and as such a very good choice.