Questions on Naval Combat

Aacooper

My last set of questions, and I hope none of them were stupid or had the answers posted is on naval combat.

Will...

1) Sea and air patrols lead to a probability of an encounter, based on the sea area and the sizes of the forces involved?

2) Commando raids be allowed (e.g. Italian frogmen in Alexandria)?

3) Subs be allowed to sneak past Gibraltar?

4) Iceland and the Azores be allowed to be used as bases for ASM duty?

5) U-boats be allowed to raid the US East Coast or the Caribbean? Or, will the U-boat game be abstracted, which is probably very reasonable.

Thanks for your patience,

Bump.

I have been waiting for a game like this for a long time. I do hope it has enough depth to keep an old A3R fan content.

NO PRINTED MANUAL? That I don't like.

Good luck guys. There is plenty of room for a GS game as long as it carries an A.I. much stronger than Axis and Allies did. I gave that game to my 9 y.o. nephew and he has already conquered it! Pathetic.

Answer Aacooper's questions and then riddle me this;

How many different research catagories are there?

In FoW mode the location of your air units, i.e. on coastal areas will increase the chance of spotting enemy naval activity for sure. U-boats can roam as far as the North American coast, and they as well as other naval units can pass through Gibraltar under the right conditions. If the Allied player decides to leave Gibraltar undefended and the port has been sufficiently reduced this may be possible. But keeping in mind the historical situation, Gibraltar will be a tough nut to crack!

Wow! I'm really looking forward to replaying the 'Battle of the Atlantic' with the ability to move ships around from hex to hex instead of the abstract way Clash of Steel handled sea movement.

By the way, I hope Canada will be well represented both in terms of the ships in the North Atlantic and the land war in western Europe. That is, as Canadian units and not as British/Commonwealth units.

[ April 22, 2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Wally's World ]

Man! Everything about this game just sounds GREAT!

I can't wait for the Demo.

I'd also like to know a little more about research (though perhaps I should scan all the other threads before asking.)

I also wonder, will "the bomb" and the race to create it be dealt with at all, or saved for the later sequel?