FAQ some common forum profiles, newbies plz read

Kuniworth

Ive seen so many people get bitch-slapped and abused so I thought that I would give all the newbies information on some of the profiles here. So you know what to expect when getting into discussions.

Terif aka Terif the Terrible, Terrific-Terif, Deep Blue

Calculating champion that have taken SC-play into a new dimension. Few mistakes, moves pieces like a machine.

Oak

Stalkin and harrassin singaporean. Responsible for organizing a gigantic pbem-league

Kuniworth aka Punnyworth, Kuni the Bunny.

The man of the masses, always a standup guy with insightful threads. Next champion? Holds the record for most locked up threads.

J J Rambo aka Bamboo, Hollywood, the Legend, Captain America.

Villian from Idaho USA, famous for abusive threads and inventive game-play. Either you love or hate this guy. Disciple of Kuni the great.

Zappsweden aka Zap

Swedens number 1. Inventor of Zappleague, only player to win over Terif.

Codename Condor aka Codename clone

Disciple of camp Terif, not a zap-league player but certainly one of the best.

Comrade Trapp aka Comrade

Wingman of Rambo, stand up guy that is a friend of Maxmillian.

Leopard

Texas-guy and electronic expert playing zapleague.

Hueristic

Inventor of new moves and a drastic players. Allied to JerseyJohn.

Hubert Carter

Mysterious Creator of SC, married to Jenna. Accused of being Rambo by Kuniworth.

JerseyJohn aka Claus Boobie, sir Jersey

History-expert that likes to post pictures in the threads. Arch-enemy to Gaylord Focker.

Moon aka Martin, Judge Dredd

The forum-enforcer. Known to be fair and just(?!)

Bill Macon aka Bill

American known for his strategy-guide. Bitch-slapped against Rambo quite a lot before-

Dan Fenton

Co author to the strategy-guide.

Carl von Mannerheim

High-school kid and creator of ww1 scenario. Likes player-bannings from forum

Jim Boggs aka Jimmy Bogus

Falsly accused of being JerseyJohn and banned. Now reinstated and lurking in theĀ“forum shadows.

Narayan Sengupta

Scenario-creator appearing in every 3 month or so

BullwinkleB]

Anti-Rambo player and a sabres-fan

Immer Etwas

Poetic player with a lot of poem-postings. Lock-up thread contendor to Kuniworth

Edwin P

Player with lot of suggestion of changes to next patch or SC 2

Brad T

Player that thinks Kuniworth is a dork

Xwormwood

Player with lots of questions

Les the Sarge

Matrix-gamer that retires from the forum frequently.

Liam

Zapp-league player, known for the disastrous AWOL-list

Hombreplin aka Hombre

Promising spanish z-league player.

Iron Ranger

Emotional z-league player, wants new houserules to the game

Panzer 39

writes a lot of fiction in his AAAR:s

Waltero

Young guy, got banned from SC by his mother. Now missing in action since last year.

Otto

Creator of the SC-HQ website. Lurking in the shadows.

Gaylord Focker aka mr Focker

Known for the famous "whore-quotes". Archenemy to JerseyJohn. Does'nt like Seawolf.

Seawolf aka Sea-who-or-se

American player with good replies and liked by Kuniworth.

Konstantin V Kotelnikov

Russian soldier(?) known for underlining that primarly soviet defeated Nazigermany. Well respected in the forum.

disorder

Low-profile player.

BrianTheWise

Player that went wild after losing to Rambo

Archibald aka Archie

The scotish hope, currently ranked 12 in z-league.

JP Wagner

Player that makes much sense.

[ July 28, 2003, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Terif aka Terif the Terrible, Terrific-Terif, Deep Blue

Calculating champion that have taken SC-play into a new dimension. Few mistakes, moves pieces like a machine.

Of course he moves pieces like a machine. He is a machine! I have the proof:

mturk2.jpg

Archibald

Excellent, the Great Chess Automaton never looked better!

--

Kuni The Great of Sweden, Man of the Masses, Champion of International Kuniality, acclaimed hero of Kuniolies the world over.

CrusaderRabbit1.jpeg

[ July 26, 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Ive seen so many people get bitch-slapped and abused so I thought that I would give all the newbies information on some of the profiles here. So you know what to expect when getting into discussions.

Xwormwood

Player with lots of questions

Thank you for mentioning me. This time i can offer an answer as well:

ignoreit4instk.jpg

;)

As originally posted by Kuniworth:

Immer Etwas

Poetic player with a lot of poem-postings. Lock-up thread contendor to Kuniworth

Good thing indeed

There is a full-moon

Every 28 days, give or take,

So,

I'll likely ALWAYS be.. swooning

In the great but forsaken... shadow

Of Kuni-the-Occasional... Wolf-Swede. :eek:

JP --

I wish I did, couldn't even find a TV still from their 1950s show. It was by the same bunch who later made Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Oak

Same here, I think it ran during the early or mid-fifties.

[ July 27, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

-

-

Thank you Mr Wagner, enjoyed both of them! smile.gif

--

Oak Just noticed the Crusader Bunny part -- a fine idea! :D

"So, I'll likely ALWAYS be.. swooning

In the great but forsaken... shadow

Of Kuni-the-Occasional... Wolf-Swede."

Immer -- You're too modest, my friend. smile.gif

[ July 27, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

J J Rambo aka Bamboo, Hollywood, the Legend, Captain America.

Villian from Idaho USA, famous for abusive threads and inventive game-play. Either you love or hate this guy.

... I hate him.

[ July 27, 2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Some_God ]

Thank you for mentioning me but to set the record straight, I am English - not French and I do not live in Canada but near Buffalo, hence my Sabres loyalty. Buffalo is a hockey city.

Plus I'm older than almost everyone here.

The anti-Rambo part you got right.

bullwinkle.jpg

"Well Rocky, I really let them have it, let me tell you, yes sir!"

"What'd you tell'em, Bullwinkle?"

"Okay, if you insist. I said, Thank you for mentioning me but to set the record straight, I am English - not French and I do not live in Canada but near Buffalo, hence my Sabres loyalty. Buffalo is a hockey city.'

"Then, just for good measure, I threw this in: '--Plus I'm older than almost everyone here.' Except for maybe JerseyJohn and Immer Etwas and disorder which I didn't mention on accounta I didn't want to hurt their feelings."

"Gee-whiz Bullwinkle, you sure told that Kuniworth off. Maybe now he'll stop treating you like a cartoon character!"

"Gosh Rocky, do you really think so --?" ;)

[ July 28, 2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Hmmmmm -- I must have seen those re-runs during the late seventies from my playpen! I only said the early or mid-fifties because some of the older guys in this forum said they used to watch it. ;)

I don't recall seeing it in the sixties but I'm sure it had re-runs. I think Rocky and Bullwinkle came out around '65 or '66; they probably stopped re-runs of Crusader Rabit about that time. I'd like to see a few episodes again to see how similar they are to the later series. In Rocky and Bullwinkle I remember lines like, "They took a shortcut through the Evellyn Woods." Things young kids would never have caught -- I'd like to see if they were also doing that in Crusader Rabit.

[ July 28, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Sir Jersey --- How about these guys from the Cartoon channel:

Underdog

Tennessee Tuxedo

Captain Caveman

Speed Racer

Professor Peabody & the wayback machine

Superfriends

Johnny Quest

Jetsons

Yogi

Some_god --- What kind of Mormon god are you? It's a sin to hate.

Bullwinkle --- Didn't I see you at the Rocky Mountain Oyster benefit? You live in the States? Sad, sad, sad...at least people born in France have an excuse. The Sabres are terrible. You must be some Woodstock hippie from the 60's.

"He's a bad man, so I turned him into a Jack-In-the-Box" --- actor who played Will Robinson in Lost in Space, this is a line an original 50's episode of the Twilight Zone.

jackinboxopenmd.jpg

[ July 28, 2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

General Rambo

The actor was Billy Mumy; he appeared in a lot of those episodes, my favorite is the one with Jack Klugman. I didn't see him act much after Lost in Space but he turned up again during the nineties in one of the Star Trek spinoff TV series. He was a great child actor but was probably overshadowed by Ronny Howard who, aside from the Andy Griffith Show, appeared in a lot of TV episodes and movies during those same years. There was also Jerry Mathers (Leave it to Beaver), Jay North (Denis the Menace) and a few others. Mathers was very active in TV beyond his Beaver Cleaver role, then vanished from TV and movies as an adult. He began appearing again in occaisional movie comedies during the eighties.

One of Billy Mumy's Lost in Space sisters, Angela Cartright, was a mainstay child actress during the fifties. She began acting as a little girl as a daughter on the Danny Thomas Show (I think it was either called Make room for Daddy or make room for Danny) which ran from the mid-fifties to early sixties. In that show her TV brother, Rusty Hamer, grew up to find Hollywood no longer wanted him. Around age 20 they found his body with a photograph he'd autographed of himself as a child and a handgun which he killed himself with. Jay North and a number of others had similar problems after they'd grown past their popularity.

Another All-Time Great Leaves Us:

road%20to%20zanzibar.jpg

Of the Cartoon list:

Underdog

Tennessee Tuxedo

Captain Caveman

Speed Racer -- I remember that starting when I was around fourteen and caught glimpses of it when forced to babysit. If I'd been younger at the time I'm sure I'd have liked it.

Professor Peabody & the wayback machine Professor Peabody and his pupil with the oversized glasses were originally part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show. They'd go back in time and always come back with some weird twist on historical events. I'm glad those characters are still going, it's a good way for kids to get interested in history.

Superfriends

Johnny Quest My wife used to watch this, I was in high school by then and don't remember it.

JetsonsAn offshoot of the Flintstones; I don't know why, but I never got into either of those shows.

Yogi I don't know how similar this is to what was on during the late fiftes, but I used to enjoy this one as well.

Most of the cartoon shows when I was small were made in B&W because color TV was in it's infancy. One of the few I remember that was actually made for TV was called "Co-Coa the Clown" where the character actually left and returned to a bottle of black ink! Other shows, like Popeye, didn't use cartoons made for TV, instead they ran movie shorts and often I'd see those same cartoons at movie threaters. You've no doubt heard this, being an enthusiastic movie buff, but back then theaters used to show two movies separated by a newsreel and several cartoons. The newsreels themselves were often pretty funny, though they rarely intended it that way.

Thanks for posting the list, I enjoyed it.

[ July 28, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

My favorite cartoons were The Bullwinkle Show, The Pink Panther, Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner, Fat Albert, and The Wacky Racers.

Funny thing about The Bullwinkle Show, producers Jay Ward and Bill Scott (for publicity) decided to march on The White House in 1962, and petition to make Moose-L-vania a state. Relatively harmless, common publicity stunt.

They show up in a decked out van complete with antlers, but are turned away by a stern White House staff, as it seems they had poor luck in timing.

The Cuban Missle Crisis had just began hours earlier.

Alright sonny-boys my saturday morning started off with "Mighty Mouse", then there was Rin-Tin-Tin, followed by Sky King, and then there was that time that I was greeted with this damn rocket taking off on an early 1957 Saturday morning...., I think they called it a Redstone rocket...Damn thing spoiled my entire day,....I kept thinking about it.... it should have been transportable and renamed artillery.

Sky King had a bittersweet ending. It turned out a lot of astronauts enjoyed his show as kids and when they found out he lived in Central Florida they wanted to acknowledge their gratitude with an award. He met his end in an auto accident on the way to the ceremony.

I remember Rin-Tin-Tin pretty well, I think the orphan's name was Corky and his usual sidekick was Sgt. O'Hara; one of my favorites. There was also Broken Arrow, Circus Boy, 77 Bengal Lancers, Boots 'n Saddles and Rama of the Jungle.

What about Strategic Command, does anyone remember what years that show ran? tongue.gif

Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

You guys are OLD!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha............ tongue.gif

there.....now I feel better.......

Comrade Trapp

Awwww...go to your room and watch Winky Dink...but this time remember to put the plastic sheet on your TV before you start drawing on the screen!.. ;)