SC WW1 / SC2 - building any 20th C European war??

Guest Mike

I've just tried to create a WW1 scenario - prolly mid-late 1915 since Serbia is about to get stabbed in the back by Bulgaria, the ANZACs are ashore in Turkey, etc.

But it's just a bit too hard sorting out forces for Austro-Hungarians, Turks & other Russians unfortunately :(

I thought I'd use hte Axis minor allies as Austro Hungarians - which is fine for hte Hungarians, but there aren't nearly enough of htem and you can't add more :(

And of course the Russian get way too may MPP's by the time you've given them Warsaw and Finaland and the Baltic states! But I thought I might get around that by giving the other powers industrial tech.

Troop quality would have been handled easily by putting "honesty" limits on infantry research, the UK/French/Germans would be allowed 1 tank army each only when they researched to Tech 2, and no research allowed into airpower, sonar, improved subs, rockets, industrial tech, etc.

Germany would have had an initial advantage in Infantry tech, with Britain close behind, then France, then Russia jsut a point above the Axis minors.

Leaders would be limited (wish they could be renamed!!), etc.

Borders weren't really a problem - Italy was to be Allied, much of Yugoslavia & Hungary axis-controlled to represent the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Turkey to get Iraq & Syria & a few hexes of greece, Greece in the war but all its forces deleted (they were more or less invaded by the allies & refused to fight), only hte allies allowed transport and then only 1 unit (corps or army or leader) in any turn (the US would have to build up), each side only allowed 1 unit to operate per turn also - these would all be "honesty" limitations.

Alas it just didn't come together 'cos of the inability to alter minor and neutral forces :(

A thought for SC2 Hubert!!???? smile.gif

I think it'd be cool to have a good map of Europe and a system for creating any/all of the wars of the 20th century on a grand scale - like TOAOW, only a bit more simplistic and larger scale.

Originally posted by Mike:

Leaders would be limited (wish they could be renamed!!), etc.

Yeah, then some idiot would rename his to "Mannerheim", transport it to Finnland, and then complain that it couldn't...er, ahem. Oh, hello, CVM, didn't see you there.

Sorry, I'll just go back to my game. Carry on.

Bump, 'cos Hubert's back and I figure it'd be cool to have scenarios covering the Spanish Civil War, the Russian Civil War, the Russian Polish War, the Balkan Wars, the Greek-turkish War...and any others that I missed as well as WW1 !! smile.gif