CM Puzzler #2

Here's another one for you. The briefing:

CM Puzzler #2

This little scenario will test your skill at efficient movement along roads, a tedious but necessary CM skill. With practice, road movement in CM becomes much less unpleasant. I actually enjoy it now. A well-plotted convoy is a beautiful sight to behold.

You must exit all four GERMAN halftracks off the EAST edge of the map before you get cut off (and cut down) by enemy armor. Choose the Axis side and use the default setup for the Allies.

My record for exiting the convoy is 4 minutes and 46 seconds. If you take much longer than that, the enemy will probably mess up your nice little convoy real bad. smile.gif Remember, you only win if you get ALL the halftracks safely off the EAST map edge. You can then rest assured that you are an expert at CM road movement.

Good Luck!

Email me at mikeman@cablelynx.com if you want to test your road movement skills.

Treeburst155 out.

Only a few hearty souls have requested this scenario. These few will soon become CM road movement experts. The rest of you will wallow in traffic jams and pile-ups, loudly cursing CM road movement, while your men on the front get overrun by the enemy. This does my heart good. It makes my day.

If only you could have gotten there a couple minutes sooner........

Treeburst155 out.

Ummmm...no...some of us have already figured it out ages back and don't want to have to fiddle with a scenario that has it as its focal point.

Maybe on the weekend, I'll have another go at KOing that blinkin' 88 mm PaK...now that is a useful skill to learn.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Only a few hearty souls have requested this scenario. These few will soon become CM road movement experts. The rest of you will wallow in traffic jams and pile-ups, loudly cursing CM road movement, while your men on the front get overrun by the enemy. This does my heart good. It makes my day.

If only you could have gotten there a couple minutes sooner........

Treeburst155 out.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Grog Dorosh,

WHERE'S THIS SCENARIO YOU MADE!? Sheesh....grognards. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Yeh, I've been lazy. Basically mine is a "capture the tank crew" scenario. Problem is, you first have to knock out the tank. It's fun, played it on my own. Has little to do with teaching "real" CM skills. If I ever get off my ass, I'll post it up at the Depot.