AAR: A Zapp-Dragon affair, Best out of 7. Game #1: Dragonheart (Axis), Zapp (Allies)

zappsweden

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so pissed....i started the game with a misclick and then i did another bad mistclick when i placed a border army wrong....readyness increased from 39 --> 53 pct....

We made a break as we were dead....russia is knocking on the border and i got finally all minors except vichy. Irak was Dowed by allies.

I will continue a couple of turns but this game seems lost due incredible mistakes of my side.

But there are other 6 games to do it better :D

@DragonSlow --- Dude, when you're taking 10-15 minutes a turn, well, that's one thing. But when you've lost the game, you're just being stubborn! "Stubborness is the sin of witchcraft." --- Old Testament. You won't hear that preached in today's churches...but I heard that from my Mom all the time. Now, quit be proud, you've lost game #1, move on! This is Center Court on Battlefront, NOT back pages of Panzerliga!

@Zapp --- Don't get too happy yourself, you're one slowass player yourself. Is your accent like the chick in Fargo? LOL, too much Legend, too little go around.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

too much Legend, too little go around.

I must warn you, the community revoked your LEGEND status. Abusive use of it will force us to let you to be isolated for a week on a deserted island, reading Immer Etwas poetry and with Leslie as only company.

Axis took Iraq Mine and Vichy. Russia is killing 2 corps per turn on Polish border. Warsaw is under siege.

Allies took Ireland. Axis is slowly gaining back LC since Allied air fell back. Did not wanna engage L3 German Jets vs my UK L1.

Jet tech:

Germany L3

Russia L3

USA L3

UK L1

Jet numbers:

Russia 10 AF

Germany 7 AF

UK 4 AF

USA 2 AF

UK 3 carriers

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Pride cometh before a Fall. DragonHeart is getting headcracked playing on Center Court, this ain't Panzerliga son.

Rambo there are at least 6 times the number of active players at the panzerkliga then at battlefront.com.

Best player / players play at the panzerliga.

This is only a graveyard where the old legends don´t have the courage to lay down and stay dead ;)

Russia has halted in the east since luftwaffe equals the number of Russian air plus that Germany have more ground units than Russia.

Instead, Allies keep pounding the West. Paris Garrison was wiped out last turn.

Allies make a weak temporry landing in Denmark and cut-off the supply to Scandinavia.

Spring 1943:

EAST FRONT:

Since Germany spend their last cents on air in the east, Russia cannot afford the air losses and has to back down. Axis tries to Bully some Russian HQ's too.

Axis units make some attacks on the russian front. Small losses for both sides.

Stalin issues and order to hold at all costs. Giving Axis ground might enable Axis to switch all air west and stop the Allied invasion while russia would be too far away to counter quickly.

WEST FRONT:

UK have finally reached Jet L3 (All nations except Italy have Jet L3, nice and unusual) and can now begin the FULL SCALE attack.

Allied forces rushing towards southern France to cut-off supplies to Africa. UK carriers kill a corps in Denmark. Allies still hold Danish strait, low supply in Scandonavia.

Monty is in France now, so is Patton (Eisenhower died in Morocco u know).

Small summary

-Game started worse as i misclicked and attacked wrong unit in poland, but was not a big deal as poland,denmarc fell turn 3, LC turn 2

-Instead of 5 th AF i bought Manstein, later a 5th AF too

-mad sloopy progress in France due stupid attacks

-Sept or Ocober would have been fine for me but it was December

-lost no heavy unit in france, but sold some coprs for repairs

-as i had not enough aircover for all spots i decided not to attack vichy during the minor catching phase

-in Norway my second big mistake i landed the corps before finishing off the corps with my air

-Finally the bummer of all my mistakes;wanted to place unit in Königsberg for readynesspurpose but placed it one spot above, readyness jumped from 39-->54 pct.

-Spain and Schweden lasted long...schweden did not want to surrender despite captured stockholm in round 2 and in spain i was delayed due to the narrow attacking path and as Zapp sent all to Madrid and above he had.

-later he tried to hold gibraltar with Eisenhower with airsupport from Tangier and US Armies but my well trained Army and tank and some AF´s killed them all within a couple of rounds.

-We also exchanged some ships there

-then another estonishing thing for zapp was that i did not Dow russia so all units escaped

-i dowede Greece and Portugal and he dowed Irak

-i had a italien hq in range so i could save irak but i was not able to attack vichy which was already prepared as this would have lenghten the front and his tanks would have roll over me, so i defended the 3 hex and later having enough stuff there i took vichy too.

-In that way i raised my income from 400MPP germany and 125 for italy to up 820 MPP for both

-Meanwhile the yanks were landed in france and got Brest,Bruessels but with Jetadvantage i kicked them out of france, Bruessel i could not take as meanwhile russia made enormous pressure that i decided to move all air my air to the east

-unfortunately it was to late for Warsaw, russians took it with a couple of air and ground attacks.

-some rounds were very quiet in the east until i positioned and reinforced all my air, and bought up to 10 AF´s

-In the upcoming attack i killed one army and 2 AF´s

-But russians had a lot of money, maybe sold chits so i got also interceptions in a 2nd attack wave and also in the third one were i tried to rape some HQ´s

-My chits in LR i sold to avoid counterfire between east and west....so i m still on LR 0 which suits fine for me.

-Seeing all my air in the west, US and GB again landed in Brest captured Paris and Marseilles and cut the supply to Sweden.

-My top income is now lower just arround 750 but still enough to afford expensive airbattles

-ah yes forgot to mention with italy reaching AT2 i killed a tanke in Irak and Allies withdrew to the border

Comment

Rambo you can keep your comments for yourself....look what happened in this game i had i bad start due dumbness and took paris in december--->you would have quit this game....then i failed norway invastion due wrong unit handling---->you would have quit....i did a misclick costing 15 % readyness.....what do you do? yes...you quit.....i did not attack russia......i even had not enough units to cover my border.....i swear this game would have won even Taboo ag me :D ..my friends know what i mean....if zapp does not win this one he will win no game ag me.....but this is not to blame zapp but his strengh lies in a short game capable to kill almost all opponents----------> over and out

Dragonheart

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

too much Legend, too little go around.

I must warn you, the community revoked your LEGEND status. Abusive use of it will force us to let you to be isolated for a week on a deserted island, reading Immer Etwas poetry and with Leslie as only company. </font>