"Terifgate", HombrePlin, did Terif give you the FOW sniffer? [Yes or No]

jon_j_rambo

I don't have time for a bunch scenario diagrams of who has what, who accused this guy, etc.

Hombre Plin, did Terif give you the FOW sniffer?

The question is simple, it's time for the truth. It's time for those involved to speak. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, & nothing but the truth, so help you God? For as the Heavens are high, & the Earth is low...God is watching & the angels are writing everything down.

Put your hand on the book & speak. (actually, type, unless you have a voice writer tool along with that FOW sniffer)

bible5.jpg

[ October 30, 2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, to make this clear:

I never used or will ever use a cheat program for SC (like a FoW sniffer or any other program) !!

You really should know this, we played enough games...

I use airfleets and corps(-transports) to spot enemy units. And if you can count(every unit has a certain amount of action points), then its no problem to know where a crippled unit probably will be after you retreated it, especially if you go the direct way back...

As far as I can see from this discussion, only Hombre Plin said he has a FoW sniffer (If its true, i guess he developed it himself, as he seems to have some experience with programming). From your posts I see: both you and Zapp have your informations exclusively from Hombre Plin ...

I myself have no programming knowledge (I studied economics..) except for Basic and Pascal during school time, 10 years ago...

Besides, I prefer to use my time to play and not to find ways how to cheat. And I play to have fun and a good game with my opponent.

As I said earlier: cheating shows a very poor charakter and to win with cheating is worth nothing.

Terif, you are smart enough to at leist SUSPECT there are cheating sofware somewhere on the net. why do act like there are none?

Why on earth would Hombre Plin spend hours hacking and programming something if he was to quit playing SC?

The most probable scenario is, he used a software some other guy made. A software not necessarily done by SC gamers or made just for SC, but other gamers playing other games. A generic cheating program.

[ October 30, 2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Zapp:

Everyone knows its possible to hack every program and Computer on earth with enough time and effort.

But SC was obviously free from hacks or other cheat programs for the last 1.5 years. I played now more than 340 games (yes, last time I told you the number, it was something around 300... I am still playing ;) )

and I can tell you: nobody cheated against me with any program or cheat in a noticable manner. And as you should know: if you have some experience with the game, you will notice it in SC if someone cheats. And if someone would have had the will/program to cheat, he would have used it against me...

Terif, you are smart enough to at leist SUSPECT there are cheating sofware somewhere on the net. why do act like there are none?
Therefore I SUSPECT that there is no cheat or "FoW sniffer" for SC. I never saw someone cheating and nobody proved me it is possible in SC.

Only you and Rambo started and continued this whole discussion (with some help from Hombre Plin). All information comes from you two, so I know it only from hearsay. And specifically you are busy to spread more rumours in several threads...

Perhaps now exists such a cheat program, maybe not, I dont know... I only know why you try to continue this discussion and to focus it on me.. and that are personnel reasons because of our argument when you changed the ZL- rules for your personel advantage.

I will not continue it, everything important has been said. It would only result in mutual accusations and I prefer to use my time for playing and fighting in the game, not here in the forum....Another reason why I only post and reply in such issues when it is really necessary...

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Why on earth would Hombre Plin spend hours hacking and programming something if he was to quit playing SC?

The most probable scenario is, he used a software some other guy made. A software not necessarily done by SC gamers or made just for SC, but other gamers playing other games. A generic cheating program.

I repeat the above, read Terif. I write a short post and you reply with a much longer. Despite that, you happen to miss out on the question you could not answer?

[ October 30, 2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Rambo's take:

Terif has made it clear, he has NOT used any cheat program.

What else can I do but believe him? Nothing. I live my life by giving people the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise. Terif's Crown is exactly that, his crown. Yes, Terif kicked my butt 30 games? (Terif probably give the exact stats). I won 2-games. With honor, I did NOT practice RRI, NOT my style. Note: My record when on vacation & playing during Rambo United States hours is 2-2.

Terif, I have seen the Hombre Plin FOW sniffer in action. He has retired from Z-League. The real disappointment was HombrePlin quit right when he was going to get his first dose of RACK.

The ONLY thing that will open this case is for HombrePlin to take the stand. Hearsay is not admissible.

HombrePlin, time to explain the FOW sniffer.

Court adjourned,

The Honorable Jon J. Rambo

Zapp:

1. This is a question you have to ask Hombre Plin, besides this seems to be a rethorical question with the purpose to say behind the lines that I would cheat...

2. You were writing a lot of "short" posts since our argument accussing me of this thing and that thing...

this is really annoying, but it shows only your character... usually I dont answer to such crap, only if I have to. So I hope this one can be my last post concerning this one. It really seems better to me to ignore your rampage in the forum against me, cause you obviously never stop this ****.

Originally posted by Terif:

Zapp:

1. This is a question you have to ask Hombre Plin, besides this seems to be a rethorical question with the purpose to say behind the lines that I would cheat...

2. You were writing a lot of "short" posts since our argument accussing me of this thing and that thing...

this is really annoying, but it shows only your character... usually I dont answer to such crap, only if I have to. So I hope this one can be my last post concerning this one. It really seems better to me to ignore your rampage in the forum against me, cause you obviously never stop this ****.

So why the hell did u start the "play for fun" and "I know how to play the game, obviously in contrary to you" **** all over again in the other thread? I did not accuse you for being a cheater. If u think that then you are paranoid.

As I said before, u threw first blood not me.

[ October 30, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Terif said:

I just replied in Rambos thread: I never used and will never use a cheat program, especially not for SC.

Dude !!! What is that all about? So if I play SC, I have nothing to fear, but if we're playing another game?

Hmmmm.....something is wrong here.

"Suspicious Minds" --- Elvis Presley

"Don't piss down my back & tell me it's raining" --- from the movie The Outlaw Josey Wales.

1129.GIF

[ October 30, 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo:

I also never used or will use a cheat in any other game against another player. Hell, I even never used the Map hack in the game "Diablo2" and nearly everyone else there uses it...

The expression "especially not for SC" was there because we were talking about SC. Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was only to emphasize it.

Hmm, this whole thing becomes a bit weird... If I have to take care of every word or it will be turned around immediately, its really time to stop this discussion, especially since I start becoming angry...

And Zapp:

You didnt accuse me directly, but behind the lines and not only once, but several times and again and again...

Rambo now practically points out Terif as a cheater and Terif does not even respond... (he reads every important discussion (he posts too) so he cannot have missed this Rambo reply )
I was quiet for a long time and didnt comment, but when you finally request me to comment your accusations (you started the first thread concerning this whole thing and Rambo followed...), you wonder that I do it ?

[ October 30, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Never thought I'd see the day when a rock ribbed, God fearing, free market, conservative "icon" like General Rambo would resort to the "liberal" political tactic of making unsupported allegations (show trials?) in the press (forum?).

Rambo: Return to your roots, before its too late!

Terif: Agree that you should consider not dignifying these allegatons with any further replies. Your SC track record says it all.

Terif --- Getting angry has nothing to do with it. Alot of guys on the Forum need "Anger Management", having a temper is not a good thing in life. I don't wear my feelings on the cuff, I just read what you said. I'm not aware of "honor among game hacks".

You said you didn't cheat, I believe you.

You said then say, especially not in SC.

What should I believe?

Where is HombrePlin?

And here is the perfect reason why I play the AI and not get involved with bothering playing the game with the people here....it always comes down to this...unless the games are being wagered on, and actual money changes hands, the question of who cheats and who doesn't really becomes pointless...if you suspect someone cheats, just stop playing them and stop the endless whining about it....if you are not a cheater and do not want to bother playing with someone who suspects people of cheating, then don't bother with them....and if anyone actually playing the game does cheat?...well the self satisfaction that you must gain from beating someone using underhanded methods playing a game must really mean your existence in this world is a rather pathetic one...

[ October 30, 2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: J P Wagner ]

Sorry Rambo, this was obviously a simple misunderstanding on both sides.

Wachtmeister:

Terif: Agree that you should consider not dignifying these allegatons with any further replies. Your SC track record says it all.

Yes, you are right. If possible I will not reply to Zapp any more.

Hmmmm -to get involved in this at all, hmmmmmm.

Yes cheating is possiable, as stated above given enough time and skill (or using the editor) it is possiable to cheat.

I HAVE seen it happen, both ways. Both with players that are gone but were regulars last spring. One was the old - give my side several extra R&D chits (they screwed up one game and gave me the side with the extra ones - OPPs). The other was 'Odd'. I wasn't the player I am now but I was good - They attack russia when felt I was winning (held NF) and pushed the russians right off the board - Thier units were acting like they had full supply even across the Volga and they left few partisan stopers so the citys were always at 2-4 str. Yet I was crushed (armys were doing a full 4 + 1-2 more damage, unexperenced!) My only thought, no proff, was they has force sent the readness at 100%.

I have never seen a FOW snifer (but I'm sure it could be hacked). But I do (and so do many) read the report screen and count units, mainly ships and air units. This way I can scout and raid sometimes when I would normally have no idea of whats around.

On a side note - I just got my ass kicked by a newbie - found a new bug/glitch to exploite. Better watchout or you guys might have the same problem - its a 'big' one (I think Zapp might know of it).

I'll be around this weekend - and I have games with each of you - schedule a time?

Wachtmeister --- I'm asking for the Truth, & I have doubt. What does that have to do with the Democrat & Republican party? I voted twice for Ross Perot by the way. I'm not part of any political party or organized religion.

Yes, Terif's record does speak for itself, it speaks a little too loud.

While waiting for Hombre, Terif incriminiated himself, stating cheating outside of SC.

Liberals have no monopoly on the Law. God's Laws were given to the Jews, not the Gentiles. Then Christ..."was the only begotten of the Father full of grace & truth"...anyhow...off topic.

Where is Hombre Plin?

Hi Iron Ranger,

I am a bit busy in the moment. I try something similar like in chess: at the moment I play 18 games simultaneously in PBEM - each hour a lot of moves smile.gif . But perhaps we find a time at the weekend to continue our game. I will have a look for you at the opponent finder Forum smile.gif .

As originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Wachtmeister --- I'm asking for the Truth, & I have doubt. What does that have to do with the Democrat & Republican party?

Well said. :cool:

Having an open, interested mind,

And being WILLING to appreciate another point of view,

And having genuine empathy for ANY... Other,

Well,

It ain't liberal OR conservative.

It's... being human. As human as any one can get.

Yeah babe, it can be a HARD rain, that falls.

EVERYBODY, yep, every-flimsy-body gets... equally wet. ;)

[ October 30, 2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]

Originally posted by zappsweden:

If he's a programmer of any kind, they'll dable in anything they have an interest in just for curiosity. Programers love programing and see if they can understand it in many ways.

I have one friend who keeps looking for things for another game and building them... he barely plays anymore.

And Zapp:

You didnt accuse me directly, but behind the lines and not only once, but several times and again and again...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Rambo now practically points out Terif as a cheater and Terif does not even respond... (he reads every important discussion (he posts too) so he cannot have missed this Rambo reply )

I was quiet for a long time and didnt comment, but when you finally request me to comment your accusations (you started the first thread concerning this whole thing and Rambo followed...), you wonder that I do it ? </font>

My last comment to this story:

Zapp wrote in his last post:

There was no accusation from me....u were the one throwing the first blood, not me
Zapps statement (among others) in his last post in the other thread before I started writing my replies:

I heard by other players that Hombre Plin says he got the FOW sniffer from Terif.

J P Wagner,

I would suggest you try the PBEM league. I've had a lot fun there & never saw any signs of cheating. Just people playing for fun.

Rambo,

Yes, Terif's record does speak for itself, it speaks a little too loud.

While waiting for Hombre, Terif incriminiated himself, stating cheating outside of SC.

I don't usually get involved or even read these kind of threads, but Terif's comments did not indicated he cheated at anything.

Remember that for a lot of us (including myself), English is not our first language. Taking every word & trying to read something in it is not fair.

I'm sure if you wrote something in German or French, you could be be hung just as easily.

My last comment to this story:

Zapp wrote in his last post:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> There was no accusation from me....u were the one throwing the first blood, not me

Zapps statement (among others) in his last post in the other thread before I started writing my replies:

I heard by other players that Hombre Plin says he got the FOW sniffer from Terif.
</font>

Written by Iron Ranger

On a side note - I just got my ass kicked by a newbie - found a new bug/glitch to exploite. Better watchout or you guys might have the same problem - its a 'big' one (I think Zapp might know of it).

So far i know shouldn´t every but/glitch be available for all players. Why making a secret for it. Tell us what it is. If Zapp would know it than i should find it in any tread...

Man is it possible to have a fair game here?! :mad: First the sniffer thing than the MPP increasing thing then several bugs only known to certain players. Some things frighten me here.

If anybody trys to use a unknown bug against me or cheat ...believe me i will find out and i will spread it in all forums i know.

****ing sniffer, ****ing bugs....play fair or leave it.....this is a message for all.