scenario depot down

i'd like to see a couple things, at least from a reviewers standpoint, i think need to be changed at SD

the restriction to 500 characters makes no sense to me - it's not like there are many reviews happening there, so we might as well allow those like myself actually doing them to give a full accounting

the over all score needs to come back - the place is currently awash in relativism - someone new to SD would wonder what are the best scenarios based on reviews and have no way to determine that

and search wise, not being able to search by "best played as" requires the potential downloader to play hit or miss wandering through a huge database

just some observations which will no doubt be ignored ;)

These are points I have made as well.

I don't think they will necessarily be ignored: Adm was very good at listening to input. The issue has been that scenario _designers_ spoke strongly on the topics and this resulted in things being how they are.

I believe the results have shown that scenario_user_'s input might have been lost to some detriment in the overal use of SD.

i'm at a loss to understand why scenario designers would be adversely affected by these features at SD

on the other hand, for users, the place is next to impossible to navigate in a useful manner in its current configuration

i hope you're right and the adm is listening smile.gif

The scenario designers didn't like having numeric scores for their scenarios. They felt that this gave bad reviews an unwelcome chance to mark down their scenario. Each bad number they receive obviously hurts them badly, and they didn't like that.

What they failed to realise is that without those, the people looking for their scenarios have a much harder time. All I can say is "I told 'em so".

Everything you are saying is everything I already said. I wish you were there backing me up at the time...

GaJ.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

I wonder whether TPG will/could/should/might become the "in" place to find scenarios. If Gary made a place where "finished" scenarios were put, and included a numeric rating system it would be awesome. I know where I'd be looking...

GaJ.

I would only consider doing this <u>if</u> Keith decided he no longer wanted to host/support TSD. TSD is and has been *the* place for finished scenarios and it has always been my desire to *not* directly compete with him in that arena, but to supplement his archive by giving designers a place to have their works tested before moving them over.

If I were a PHP programmer, I'd offer my assistance to any coding enhancements for a v3 of TSD, but I'm not. TPG is written in a similar, but uniquely different programming language. I am available for any ideas or input though should he ask.

All,

At the moment, I have no intention of allowing The Scenario Depot to fall by the wayside. I have always been committed to providing a quality site for scenario exchange.

However, I am still unemployed (<shakes fist eastward> farging East Indians) and as such my free time is filled with:

Job hunting - Not going so well in this really soft economy. Between actual hunting, chatting up recruiters, job fairs, and interviews, this takes two days out of the week.

Side jobs - Building and expanding existing commercial. Not getting paid at the moment, but accruing invoices which will be submitted after my unemployment insurance runs out <shhh...don't tell California>. I have committed four days of the week to two different projects.

That leaves me with Sunday to rest and resurrect.

Yes, I have an expanding list of things to implement at The Scenario Depot. I'm planning (you all are familiar with that mouse/man adage) to accomplish these tasks between landing a job and actually starting. As that is a nebulous date, I'm unable to give you an estimate of when the SDv3 feature set will be in place.

I genuinely appreciate everyone who has contributed to the diversity, longevity, and financial stability of The Scenario Depot. Rest assured that I haven't given up on it yet.

Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

All,

At the moment, I have no intention of allowing The Scenario Depot to fall by the wayside. I have always been committed to providing a quality site for scenario exchange.

However, I am still unemployed (<shakes fist eastward> farging East Indians) and as such my free time is filled with:

Job hunting - Not going so well in this really soft economy. Between actual hunting, chatting up recruiters, job fairs, and interviews, this takes two days out of the week.

Side jobs - Building and expanding existing commercial. Not getting paid at the moment, but accruing invoices which will be submitted after my unemployment insurance runs out <shhh...don't tell California>. I have committed four days of the week to two different projects.

That leaves me with Sunday to rest and resurrect.

Yes, I have an expanding list of things to implement at The Scenario Depot. I'm planning (you all are familiar with that mouse/man adage) to accomplish these tasks between landing a job and actually starting. As that is a nebulous date, I'm unable to give you an estimate of when the SDv3 feature set will be in place.

I genuinely appreciate everyone who has contributed to the diversity, longevity, and financial stability of The Scenario Depot. Rest assured that I haven't given up on it yet.

Howdy

Have you done any portal development? If I remember you wanted to stay in the US of A?

Hans