ronald reagan celebration

boninza

Yaggmoth

Up till that last confession all of your (apparently legion) offenses it was all perfectly forgiveable. But to use crooked dice? Oh, for shame, for shame! :eek: :eek:

Me and Kossuth will sacrifice a puppy toward your salvation. tongue.gif;)

-- (how does one go about getting these dice?)

[ June 20, 2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, JJ..aka "anti-Christ" your humble servant the Zio-Nazi SeaDonkey requires endowments from the "surf God". What is it that you require to bestow my brethren aka. Zeek the Peak, or Mel the Swell audience. There are many bikini clad pseudo-virgins in my area, does thou wishes one?

SeaMonkey

What an excellent offer!

The offering must be pure of heart and soul.

So of course, being in New Jersey, we need to import them. :rolleyes:

Near Virgins? Hmmmmm, it may have been a coincidence, but last time I used a near virgin Mount St Helens did what it did. A lot of people are still angry at me over that one. ;)

It's 6:40, I should be doing what I usually do at this time, watching 60 Minutes, but it ties in with this topic (finally something that does! :D ). But they're spending the entire hour interviewing Bill Clinton. I sat through a little of it before it finally dawned upon me, here's a guy who's been caught in more outright lies than anyone I've ever known in my own life and I'm actually listening to him? So I turned it off and came here. I add that for the sake of anyone who thinks it's only the Republicans I've got things against.

Now that I've added something close to the original topic this thing will no doubt be locked! :D

Thanks for saying that -- I'm tired of doing so. We aren't talking about Jesus or anything else, only little groups of people doing things in his name. Which have all too often been horrific.

The reaction to the sort of thing we're saying is always the same, blanket damnation and intolerance. The real Jesus would shake his head at characters like that.

He died for the whole world but will only accept a few zealots in his kingdom. Okay ---

Yes I agree with you there are people who have done horrific things in the Name of Jesus Christ but they were wrong and you are right Jesus Christ would shake his head at them. Jesus Christ was about love and forgivines and we must do the same. Jesus Christ himself said:

Thanks for saying that -- I'm tired of doing so. We aren't talking about Jesus or anything else, only little groups of people doing things in his name. Which have all too often been horrific.

The reaction to the sort of thing we're saying is always the same, blanket damnation and intolerance. The real Jesus would shake his head at characters like that.

He died for the whole world but will only accept a few zealots in his kingdom. Okay ---

Matt 7:21-23

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

NIV

And you really believe that the same Jesus that forgive his killers will condemn a good person just cause he don´t worships the right "god" or no god at all?
Yes I do, when Jesus Christ came in to the world 2000 years ago he came as a Savior to Forgive and save, the next time he comes back he will not come as a savior but a judge. Now is the time to bieleve and accept him while you still have time left. Jesus Christ himself said he is the way, the truth, and the life there is no other way to salvation and God except through him. You are right Jesus is merciful and full of grace but his grace and mercy is available to you now, When he comes for the second time it will be too late. Therefore you accept it now you will not be condemened with the rest of the world. If you don't bileve in Jesus Christ as the Son of God you stand condemened.

I leave you with this verse from the Holy Bible:

John 3:16-21

16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

NIV

sabre7

Thanks for looking at both sides.

I've got nothing but admiration for religious people of any faith. I'm disturbed with the extremists who start killing people in the name of their God -- they're all only different names for the same belief, I know of no major religion that worships an evil entity.

I draw the line when someone starts telling me I'm going to damnation because I don't have Jesus in my heart and I haven't accepted him as my savior, and all that. I'm not putting people down for having that belief, that's fine.

But this crap where they can suddenly point a finger, or in this case a computer mouse, and start with their fire and brimstone garbage is for the birds. That isn't faith and it isn't Christianity, it's arrogant belligerance and nobody needs to put up with it, especially not a wargame website!

People like that only hurt the beliefs they supposedly hold so sacred.

It's amazing, really. Like they're saying God loves you and you better love HIM back, and in our own specific way, or you'll suffer forever!

I have a feeling God isn't that petty or ignorant.

What people like that are talking about is God created in Man's image. Spiteful, vindictive, vengeful, vane and worst of all, a blockhead like themselves.

They can keep it, just as long as they keep it away from me. I didn't ask for it and I don't want it.

Life, Death, & Salvation are serious issues. God has extended his love thru the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ is the Mediator between God & sinful men. Prechers preach, that's what they are suppose to do. How can they believe what they have not heard? How can they hear unless a preacher be sent? Preaching the whole consul of God includes both Heaven & Hell. Some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

The Lord Jesus Christ is different than any other. Virgin Born, sinless Son of God, did the absolute will of God at all times......thus, the perfect sacrificial Lamb of God to make the payment for fallen man. Why settle for less? If Christ died for your sins, trust him. Things are written in the Bible because He loves you, because He knows what is best for you.

Jesus is He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, He is alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

If the Bible isn't true & Jesus Christ didn't rise from the dead........Then why do people get so upset?

I'll tell you why, there's something called the Holy Spirit & the power of the written word of God. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You know what else is interesting? Rejectors want to disclaim the followers, thus reject the Faith, that is there excuse for not accepting. But if the rejector would actually reason, examine the Faith, you know, seek & you shall find, ask & it shall be given.

The reason the Bible came up on this thread is because somebody tried to praise Reagan, than all the anti-American smut came out. The foundation of this country is the Bible, our Laws, our beliefs, our honor, economics, schools, everything. We had two Civil Wars, one in 1864, but the real Civil War was in 1964 when people said we don't want to that book in our lives. We are seeing strange things in this country since 1964: daily school shootings, judges that don't know right from wrong, abortion murdering more than the Holocaust, divorce rates at an out of control 50%, gay marriage, insane lawsuits, sports have been our gods......We no longer trust the God of our forefathers. We need more preachers & people with a backbone who are willing to take a stand & preach the Gospel without fear or favor.

As for the anti American smut you state, if you don't agree that the US Govt has only one interest in mind, control of the world economy and resources, then I would have to say you are delusional, am I saying other countries are better? No I'm saying that whoever has the bigger gun suddenly forgets about world hunger, the poor and Capitalistic GREED kicks in, yes the rich just want to get richer. Right now it's USA who's the biggest culprit.

As for "God"

The best thing that ever happened to most countries is when the church was separated from the state.

As for saying everything has gotten worse since 1964. No way.

Let's go back to the 1000 years that religion was the most influencial. Where Popes and Cardinals basically ruled countries (make that the world).

What were those years called? The Dark Ages, when church went on witch hunts, women were 2nd class, wanted you dead if you were not a part of their religion (see: Crusades), dictated right from wrong, imposed their religion on everyone (Don't remember reading that in ANY Bible or Quaran, etc...) and the list could go on forever, remember they are called the Dark Ages, when religion ruled...

a) Divorces have always been close to 50%. Look it up.

B) Gay Marriage, so what? If you don't like it, don't do it, don't impose your religious beleifs on others.

c) Insane Lawsuits, those were not created by lack of religion, those were created when everyone said Capitalism is good, yeah like human nature has proven throughout history that Capitalism is just a nice word from Greed.

d)Sports our gods? Well not mine but for many yes, why? GREED, kids see the $$$ that we keep telling AND showing them is the way of the world, can't blame them.

e)More preachers? Sure why not, I don't care, as long as they don't try and impose their beleifs on me or others that are not interested.

f) Abortion, again, you don't like it, don't do it, if people want to do it, don't impose your feelings on the matter. It's none of our business.

Rambo

We no longer trust the God of our forefathers.
I normally don't jump into a conversation and also as a rule don't get involved with religious debates. However, kindly forgive my intrusion and take this as a plea to broaden your horizon, reading and understanding.

James Madison, fourth American president and referred to as the "Father of the Constitution" said it best:

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."

-- The Madisons by Virginia Moore, pg. 43 (1979, McGraw-Hill CO., New York NY) quoting letter by JM to William Bradford April 1, 1774

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

--James Madison, a Biography in His Own Words, edited by Joseph Gardner, pg. 93 (1974, Newsweek, New York NY) quoting Memorial and Remonstrance against Religious Assessments by JM June 1785

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Life, Death, & Salvation are serious issues. God has extended his love thru the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ is the Mediator between God & sinful men. Prechers preach, that's what they are suppose to do. How can they believe what they have not heard? How can they hear unless a preacher be sent? Preaching the whole consul of God includes both Heaven & Hell. Some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

The Lord Jesus Christ is different than any other. Virgin Born, sinless Son of God, did the absolute will of God at all times......thus, the perfect sacrificial Lamb of God to make the payment for fallen man. Why settle for less? If Christ died for your sins, trust him. Things are written in the Bible because He loves you, because He knows what is best for you.

Jesus is He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, He is alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Look J, those are want you beleive in, fine, if it makes you a better person, I'm all for it, but wanting to impose that on others totally goes against Christianity, true it says "preach", if they won't follow, move on.

Myself, if some "being" would show up and tell me he's God, I would have a few choice words to tell him. All the suffering going on, not doing anything about it. It's not "loving your children" , and this "works in mysterious ways" to always answer that question is crap, a total excuse for not really asking the question "yeah why does he not do anything about it?" .

Knows what's best for me? 30 000 children die of hunger (freaking food!) every day, good job! I'm sure in all their suffering they are happy knowing some NEVER seen "god" knows what's better for them, they in turn just want a meal.

Myself, I don't beleive in a "god" that created all this, heck it could be some "super being" that created us, not a god.

As for his return as Judge?

What right has he to judge me, if he has the power to stop this failed experiment of his, he should have done so long ago when it was evident we had failed.

Greed has long taken over.

And better yet, those that were supposed to preach his so called message have been responsible for some of the worst attrocities this earth has seen.

To me that is just some powerfull alien using his powers for his own pleasure, at our expense.

Originally posted by Blashy:

Knows what's best for me? 30 000 children die of hunger (freaking food!) every day, good job! I'm sure in all their suffering they are happy knowing some NEVER seen "god" knows what's better for them, they in turn just want a meal.

[/QB]

Well said Blashy.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> C-Trapp said --- What would you say if I told you I believed in social democacy?

So you're a Commie? You want the government to take away our rights, cash, & life? </font>

Ya what he said!

We are so involved with our lives that who really cares about God or Jesus? who has time for him anymore.

There is no one who loves him! not one!!!

You are right in everything you say, we have changed our lives for the worse, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever he never changes. If we changed for the better the things happeing in the world would not be happeing as it is. That is why we need faith in Jesus Christ more then ever to help us become better because we can not do it on our own and need his help.

If the Bible isn't true & Jesus Christ didn't rise from the dead........Then why do people get so upset?

I'll tell you why, there's something called the Holy Spirit & the power of the written word of God. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You know what else is interesting? Rejectors want to disclaim the followers, thus reject the Faith, that is there excuse for not accepting. But if the rejector would actually reason, examine the Faith, you know, seek & you shall find, ask & it shall be given.

The reason the Bible came up on this thread is because somebody tried to praise Reagan, than all the anti-American smut came out. The foundation of this country is the Bible, our Laws, our beliefs, our honor, economics, schools, everything. We had two Civil Wars, one in 1864, but the real Civil War was in 1964 when people said we don't want to that book in our lives. We are seeing strange things in this country since 1964: daily school shootings, judges that don't know right from wrong, abortion murdering more than the Holocaust, divorce rates at an out of control 50%, gay marriage, insane lawsuits, sports have been our gods......We no longer trust the God of our forefathers. We need more preachers & people with a backbone who are willing to take a stand & preach the Gospel without fear or favor{/Quote]

Perfectly said Rambo, All the way, that is why we need to tell people about the Love of Jesus Christ, Like Rambo said there are preachers who preach his word it is up to you beielve and follow nobody not even God will force you to follow him or his only Son Jesus Christ who died on the cross for your sins and mine and who has risen on the third day. But whether people choose to obey and worship is up to you, however read this verse from the Holy Bible:

Phil 2:9-11

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place

and gave him the name that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,

in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father.

NIV

Blashy

a) Divorces have always been close to 50%. Look it up.

B) Gay Marriage, so what? If you don't like it, don't do it, don't impose your religious beleifs on others.

c) Insane Lawsuits, those were not created by lack of religion, those were created when everyone said Capitalism is good, yeah like human nature has proven throughout history that Capitalism is just a nice word from Greed.

d)Sports our gods? Well not mine but for many yes, why? GREED, kids see the $$$ that we keep telling AND showing them is the way of the world, can't blame them.

e)More preachers? Sure why not, I don't care, as long as they don't try and impose their beleifs on me or others that are not interested.

f) Abortion, again, you don't like it, don't do it, if people want to do it, don't impose your feelings on the matter. It's none of our business.

All the things you mention here are due to the fact that we have given up on God and his son Jesus Christ we have fallen into sin. You are right who cares what anybody does. It is their life they will have to give an account for it however true followers on Jesus Christ need to proclaim his words so that people if they choose to obey will turn their lives and follow him not by force. Jesus Christ does not want anybody to come to him by force by of his own free will. It is up to you how you decide to live your life but you will be have to given an account and the end of your life. As far as some of the things you mention, Abortion, is murder and against God's will he wants Life and not death plain and simple. As far as gay marriage it does not take a genius to figure out man and woman are made for each other the pieces fit like a puzzle. You would have to be a full to thing that I am gay but God still loves me that is a false statement be gay if you want it is your life but don't say God loved me to because the Holy Bible clearly states that it is a detesable act before God that is why he destroyes Sodom and Gommorah becuase of those very acts. Read this verse:

Rom 1:26-27

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

NIV

Rom 1:28-32

28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

NIV

I am not Rambo I am different person, I have been visiting this forum for some time playing SC and tacops 4 however I never bothered to register until now as I had some questions on tacops and some modding question on SC.

Regards

Originally posted by sabre7:

I am not Rambo I am different person, I have been visiting this forum for some time playing SC and tacops 4 however I never bothered to register until now as I had some questions on tacops and some modding question on SC.

Regards

Yeah whatever...