Fall Blau Tourney

kurt88

Update on FriendlyFire (axis) vs Xwormwood (allies)

A very close game, could go either way...

March 1944

West: In a strong invasion alles liberated France and the Low Countries. Germany entrenched along the Rhine with armor supported by high quality (L1) air fleets. This line has held for several months so far. The allies have not yet launched a full assault on this position.

East: Last month the USSR surrounded and killed 2 understrength German armies in Moscow as Germany shifted focus to the West. Stalan is now back in the Kremlin. Similar attemps to encircle and recapture Stalingrad have failed thus far. Germany is entrenched along the Don from Rostov to Stalingrad, cutting of the Caucuses from the capital. Heavy fighting continues and no prisoners are taken alive.

Lenningrad is held by Axis.

Disobeying orders, the commander of the Sevastopol garrison orders his unit on a scouting mission and is cut off by Romanian infantry. Sevastopol falls without a fight! A couple of rogue corps are loose in the the northern USSR. Finally, worth mentioning that the skies over the USSR are clear of aircraft.

Scandinavia: Sweden and Norway controlled by Axis

Med: Strange situation - Sicily: Allied (Axis screw up). Malta: Axis (Allied screw up). Africa: Tobruk in peril. Iraq: neutral. Royal navy down to one Str 3 BB. (France is the leading naval power according to the report!)

Atlantic: Quiet except for raid on Scapa Flow, held briefly by a german corps who have retreated back to Norway following heavy air attack.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final report from Friendly Fire vs XWormwood.

Late Spring 1944.

Germany attacks US, French, and British units positioned along the Rhine with L2 jets experienced Panzer divisions forcing expensive losses on the Allies.

A few Allied transports hunt hopefully for unguarded cities in Scandanavia, to no avail.

In the Med, Tobruk holds despite repeated bombing and infantry assault (the 8th Army is very experienced but only strength 4). Iraq is still neutral.

In the USSR the Caucauses are firmly sealed off from the capital. A ever strengthing army is marhing north towards Moscow and the Urals. The Luftwaffe sends a newly constructed air unit to assist. Russian production below 200 MPP with losses now exceeding that amount each turn.

German production exceeds 500 MPP...

Thanks to XWormwood for a very entertaining game. It was like a good book, I couldn't put it down!

Thanks for the info Dragon, don't worry there's no rush. smile.gif

Group standings A

-Iron 9 points

-Friendly Fire 3 points

-xwormwood 3 points

-Rannug 0 points

If Rannug wins against Friendly Fire, we'll have three players with 3 points! Any suggestions?

Group standings B

-Dragonheart 6 points

-Kuniworth 3 points

-Orange Devil 3 points

-kurt88 0 points

First round ends on FEB 1st ! Games not ended by then will be decided by a third party.

If Rannug wins against Friendly Fire, we'll have three players with 3 points! Any suggestions?

Who ever played the 'longest' in SC game time would be the closet to a draw and break the tie. You would need to check with each player and see thier results. If they don't remember they can look at any AARs posted.

That wouldn't be fair to Xwormwood, as he graciously resigned when it was reasonably clear that I (Axis) would win - but he could have easily kept up the fight for another year game time....

I may have the edge on Rannug so it could be an academic debate. Will post some game details in the next few days.

I take it that there is one game also still outstanding in the other group?

Update on Rannug (Allies) vs FriendlyFire

Mid 1943.

USSR North: Axis controls Finland and Lenningrad. Some fighting around Moscow but no major offensives from either side. Stalin is safe in the Kremlin for now.

USSR South: The focal point of this war.

Axis controls Rostov and Stavrpol (including the mines and oil field next to Grozny). For a second time the Russian oil supply is cut off. Three USSR corps are now trapped without supply in the swamps south of Stalingrad.

The remaining Russian units in the deep south have are busy entrenching in the mountains near Grozy in order to protect the remaining oil resources.

Stalingrad still firmly under Soviet control. No offensive action taken towards Sevastopol.

Norway & Sweden - Axis.

Med: All quiet. Italy has Malta. Iraq neutral.

Atlantic: All quiet. Ireland neutral.

France: Liberated! Germany formed a defensive line with Panzer divisions just east of Paris. This line has held for months. For a long time the allies had some measure of air superiority and recently managed to kill an Italian HQ. The balance in the air has shifted dramatically now as front line Allied units find themselves under attack from from the Luftwaffe armed with L3 jets. Allies appear to have as yet no advances in jet technology.

No sign of French units, they seem to be saving for something...

FF

[ January 24, 2004, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Friendly Fire ]

I still havn't found a good starting tactic in this scenario and the first 4-5 turn decides who will win
Yes the first few turns are very powerfull, but look at historically where we are, Germany thought they were on the brink of knocking Russia out of the war. And with on counter attack russia turned the corner and saved the 'day'.

This is a tough one, for both sides, and thats were I find it enjoyable. 1939 drags on and on with huge investments in tech (if you want to win) and little combat. 1942 is pure combat for start to finish.

I'm not sure what moves your making, I trying to help with the post above, in conjuction with the info provided by DH. Russia is alot more 'livly' then most people think, but one key is don't just buy corps, you need the ability to hit back and you'll need armys for that, safe gaurd them if you can but attack extended/damaged axis units and destroy them. Prob his flanks with corps .... Your going to lose units, nothing you can do about this, and get the US forces moving ASAP, they have only 2-5 options on where to go.

1) Norway

2) LC

3) Western France

4) Spain/portougal (not a good idea)

5) VF

6) Egypt

Some of these are better then the others but alot depends on what the other guy is doing.

Looking forward to playing this group again, drop me a line if anyone wishs to try and start a game, PBEM??