Fall Blau Tourney

kurt88

Well... that was one fast win, im not sure about rookies mistakes, you did get 1 ok counter attack, killing my tank group and all. Your other counter attack cost you Leningrad though.

Anyways, I'd post a mini-AAR about this game but since some of my strategies seem to work I dont want to give them away for free just yet. I must say that Currys counter-attacks scared the living **** out of me at first though, i havent played in Russia alot yet and I've never seen such organized counter-attacks (using 2 air and 4 or 5 units to cut off and/or destroy some of my units)

I thought I was prepared playing 2 games against the AI with me being both sides once but I guess I was wrong.

Anyways I wouldve liked to continue this game, even if it was just for some experience with the scenario, but since it is a tournament game I'll be more then happy to accept the win.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curry,

Sorry for your quick defeat, but i told you for Fall Blau you need some training....hmmm seems that i have to take Currys part now with one game down....but i will do for sure....

For all my opponents feel free to contact me.

Basically i´m available almost every day starting from 20.00 CET until 02.00.

Iron Ranger beats Rannug in Fall Blau.

He attacked strong in the south of Russia and split Ruyssia in two. The loss of MPP for Russia was a disaster and this was the decisive reason to his victory. He plays good so guys look out for this guy and defend south of Russia better then I did. Another mistake I did was doing a Med offensive and delaying D-Day. Do D-Day right away, this should help the Russians in the difficult first phase then if nothing goes wrong time is in favour of the Allies.

Kuniworth defeated kurt88. A good fast game with lots of action. Axis hit hard in Russia but were soon forced to focus in the west. However Allies couldn't hold on to Brest and Axis could turn east again.

Fun gamewith a well balanced but very hard scenario.

I have started play. Iron Ranger strikes hard in the east, USSR patches the line (kind of), UK bombs ports in the west...

Rannug I will send you an Axis turn later today (very late here, need sleep).

xwormwood, should we commence? What side do you want?

[ December 22, 2003, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: Friendly Fire ]

Holidays and PBEM make for a slow game; but here is the update on the 42 game Iron Vs Fire.

Med - alls quiet, no visiable movement, no combat

West - Both subs attack a UK BBs but do not sink it, counter attack by entire Royal Navy sinks both subs.

Baltic - Sweden DOWed by axis, but they are still fighting with the capital taken.

East - Leningrad is axis and the entire northen front is open for advance (axis have 3 armor, 3 allied corps and other minor units in the swamp/forest region east of Liningrad vs 2 Red armys. The southern front is entirely behind the Volga river with combat every turn in the Rostava sector. Moscow front see's hits on corps by both sides but few units destroyed. But alot of damage and reinforcing each turn. Russia has reached L2 AT.

[ December 29, 2003, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

The Tourney Table :

Group A :

Iron Ranger (Axis) defeated Rannug

Iron Ranger (Allies) defeated Xwormwood

Other games in progress.

Obviousley Ranger is leading the group and is heading for the finals.

Group B

Orange Devil (Axis?) defeated Curry (replacement Dragonheart)

Kuniworth (Axis) defeated kurt88

Other games in progress

Kurt88 - Can you update were we are with the Turnment, and should we 'force' starting the next round after the new year. Maybe submit the unfinished games to a third party for judgement on winners/losers/draw's ????

Let's give it some time Ranger, many games are being played. Holiday season will be some delay ofcourse. I'm sure the players will do their best to not take too long. If things do get too slow we'll take your option.

You'll have your final soon, just let's get you the best opponent possible ;)

Hmmm, I thought we were down to only one or two games left and they were in progress. I guess its the other away around with a few games finished and 2 or 3 not even started. I other words round two will not happen for some time, cool. Thanks for the update, good to know where we all stand.

Iron here are my 2 cents....

I´m just replacement but i tried to start all missing games...

Kurt was engaged with other games so there was no chance for a common time for a TCIP and i got no turn in response to my EMail-Turn.....

With Kuni i started the game ..then he got a call from a girl and he left to have sex tongue.gif ...the next day the same picture.....30 mins SC-Fall-Blau Tourney than immedeately out for sex.

I consider leaving this tourney...it makes no sense. Tournaments always suck, they never end.

Better for me i play just Panzerliga, having my appointments, making regular Pbem turns...., and playing ppl which are similar addicted like me f. e. rambo and zapp.

The only bright side is that Fall Blau is now one of my favorite scenarios.

Cheers Dragonheart