Fall Blau Tourney

kurt88

Would anybody be interested in playing a little tourney, say 6 or 8 players.

And not the '39 campaign again but the '42 campaign.No houserules, no bid, just play.

2 groups consisting of 3/4 players, first two to the semi-finals, then the finals.

Also games to determine the other places (3rd, 4th, 5th,...)

No real time limit, try to play your game whenever you can.

Let's say TCP/IP or mixed TCP/IP-PBEM, no PBEM exclusively.

Any takers? Let's see how many people are willing to play.

Remember only 8 players max, so be quick :D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fall blau..in the PL...it´s a really balanced game
Yup, great minds think alike - This is by far the most balaced senerio with of the 'starting' six. I've been pushing/playing it for several months and have enjoyed every game.

Note: this in the opening 2-3 moves you need to set a plan and GO. Here will normally be alot of combat right away and if your not ready you'll be hurt from the get go.

Sign me up - IP only.

Kurt,

Is this tcip or pbem or a combination? Just to be clear.

May join up but suspect that since I have never played that campaign I will get my *&*( kicked. It has taken me a year just to get the 1939 campaign down to an intermediate level. LOL

Great ! smile.gif

I'll make up the groups later today and post here.

For playing the game I suggest using TCP/IP and PBEM in the same game. At least try to get a start using TCP/IP. I guess if some people want to play PBEM all the game, that's ok but then the tourney will just drag on and interest may decline.

Your thoughts?

My mighty experience in Fall Blau, i just playing my first game, :D is that it is very time consuming because there are a lot of possiblities and you have to consider alot of different strategies.

IMO i would seperate ppl willing to play only PBEM from ppl playing TCIP....in that manner at least one group is going trough their games fast.

Maybe you should also seed some stronger guys.

In case you need me now as 8 th player i will sign in.. in your pbem league as this games will also be valid for the league if both players are members istn´t it?

Please provide me with the link where i can join in case.

Klingonswarrior Dragonheart

...ah you are already 8 now....so don´t worry..i will play against the winner....this is a faster way to win this tourney :D

[ December 06, 2003, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Dragonheart ]

Ok, an innocent hand made the draw :

Group A

-Rannug, Swedish player which seems very strong in the Pbem leugue and matches.

-Friendly Fire, I believe a fairly new player,having a fun game with him in the PBEM league, could be a wildcard...

-Iron Ranger, one of the best Z-league players, a competitor for the Blue Title.

-xwormwood, known on the forum but I think less know as a player.

Group B

-Curry, founding father of the PBEM-league, very active player with his ups and downs judging for his win-loss record.

-kurt88, one who plays his games too much from a defensive viewpoint which often brings him in trouble.

-Kuniworth, Swedish spammer,banned member of Battlefront,presumed gay and the last Nr.1 Z-league player.Certainly a force to be considered.

-Orange Devil, also known on the board as an active player, can't say much since I haven't seen him in te leagues, could be the surprise.

The tourney starts now, players can play all games at the same time. I would advise to play as much TCP/IP as possible but everything is allowed.

We can contact eachother by email to set dates and determine sides.At least one time be Axis, one time Allies.There will be no bidding and no houserules.If the players agree, these games can be valid for the PBEM-league I guess.

After a game ends the loser will post the loss in this thread where I will keep the score and rankings.A win gets you 3 points, a draw 1.Could be nice to add some information on how the game went.

If you have any further questions let me know.

kurt_vanlooy@hotmail.com

The winner will be honoured as a Blue Master till the next tourney !

yodasmurf.gif

May the force be with you !!

Kunni - hope you still check here,

Dont know how to contact you with the other site down. I'm looking forward to getting the "Kunni-Lesson" in Fall Blau. Email me and we can try to set up the game.

I can play a lot of moves via email if you wish to go that way.

Curry