Le garde recule???

Kuniworth

To A Flurry of Activity!

Comrade Trapp

I'm putting Bill's screenshots up at House of Games -- if you're so inclined we'd be overjoyed to have you as our Member Number 15. It's only starting up but getting off to a good start.

Bill's Screen Shot is of an SC2 adaptation of the ancient Avalon Hill Game Tactics II and is really great -- I've got to find a way to get them up there.

Tony S.

True, Kurt88 is a member pretty much everywhere and one of the two or three best AAR creaters I know of. Actually, he's probably the best! ;)

Roosevelt45(the 2nd)

The screenshot I was talking about, created by pzgrdr (Bill) is a great one I've got to upload to House Of Games, the Tactics II scenario I was talking about.

All,

House of Games was originally intended as the gameplayer companion site for the The Writing Club, whis is linked in my sig.

Anyone who enjoys writing and discussion of aany field, topics or other interest is welcome to join TWC.

It's divided into two parts, the Members (General Membership) Area and the Member's Works Section for Writing Members.

Members are always able to become Writing Members with their own subforum, though only 14 of 39 have done so to this point.

[ July 17, 2004, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony_S. Let them have this pitiful place _ There are new worlds waiting to be conquered. ;)

(just kidding)

Regarding the old guard. Drageonheart lost his fire and is playing HOI right now. Rambo stumbles around in Europe getting beaten up by Terif mumbeling words like : I lost my army , where is my army....

Sombra

Glad to see you're still pulling the place together!

Love the lost my army part, where is my army -- Augustus Caesar must be holding his ears and cursing Varus all over again! :D

If you get a chance come on over to House of Games and / or TWC and give us the privelge of your observations, they'll be greatly welcomed. ;)

'Bout Time' Kuni, I've been trying to keep these new guys in line since the disappearance of the "Old Guard". Although there is a lot of rehash on the floor, some of it has stimulated some refined ideas (see Newbies are good for something). And I have to admit, I've scraped up some floor scraps from time to time that were...how do I say it.....rather "tasty". Still these N :rolleyes::rolleyes: Bs do tend to get a little carried away with features that would bring SC2 to the brink.....dare I say it...of MICROMANAGEMENT. :confused: But for the most part they're civil and deserve our respect, now if they'll just learn to play the game. OK NooBees (crack whip!)...."Back in Line".

I'm trying Kuni, but sometimes I could use a little help, especially with the historical recollections....are you listening JJ? JJ, I've got to chastise you a bit....I mean you are the "Forum Historian" and I sure could use a little reinforcement or correction...for the sake of historical accuracy, you are the final word. As far as the "Ronald Reagan Tribute" what a great exchange of ideas ...philosophy...see it takes all perspectives to keep us honest and enlightened, that's why we're such a successful species....not that we couldn't improve. I visit a lot of forums, and as far as a "sanctioned" gamesite forum....SC is the best of the best...kudos to you guys for making it so.

Yap! Yap!, Flap! Flap!, Tony......probably you'd beat me...NOT!!! Seriously, I just don't have the time. I've got one PBEM going now and I may get around to a turn a week......now think about it.... this PBEM is lasting as long as the real WW2. My last loss (I don't surrender) took over a year....just ask Oak. When I kick ass or get kicked, it hurts for a long time.

Bloody hell! If you enter the PBEM league you will be old, retired and had it by the time you achieve anything!! Life is fun.....Live it!

Must admit though, lasting nearly a year playing a game takes some willpower, you are to be congratulated.

"Life is fun.....Live it!"

Exactly what i'm doing....wargaming(SC ain't the only one) is just one sliver of the "life" pie. So many other things are enjoyable and so little time. Its all about a ponderous balancing of priorities. But I must say Tony...you have executed the prime objective..."Life is fun.....Live it!"

SeaMonkey

"....are you listening JJ? JJ, I've got to chastise you a bit....I mean you are the "Forum Historian" and I sure could use a little reinforcement or correction...for the sake of historical accuracy, you are the final word. As far as the 'Ronald Reagan Tribute' what a great exchange of ideas ...philosophy...see it takes all perspectives to keep us honest and enlightened, that's why we're such a successful species...."

Well Said My Texas Brother. smile.gif

I don't know what history I should be advising on but if you'll let me know I'll be glad to offer my views on it. ;)

General / Brother Rambo

I wish you Happiness and Good Times at your new Northern Pacific Home. Five acres sounds fine. ;)

Originally posted by Tony_S:

I've got a big package in my underwear and you old timers can throw yourself in the trashcan

Tony boy. This forum has been a battlefield for two years. Numerous riots, scandals, lynchmobs etc etc so we are not scared of you.

The old guard is just a little worn down. They will be back with sc 2 and this place will be on drugs again.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

"Tony boy. This forum has been a battlefield for two years. Numerous riots, scandals, lynchmobs etc etc so we are not scared of you."

The old guard is just a little worn down. They will be back with sc 2 and this place will be on drugs again.

Ah yes, the nostalgia.

Yes Tony, The Kapitan knows that of which he is speaking. Collectively we are a bunch of dangerous psychos. :D

When I first joined in Oct 2002 I started posting and drew responses like "Who the hell asked you anyway?!" ;)

This place was once filled with lions, tigers and bears and the old guard has Loonie pelts decorating the barrack walls, which is why it's safe these days for the later arrivals. smile.gif

offt.gif

When SC2 comes out and the new site is once again filled the old crazies, that will be the time for bold talk and we'll welcome the addition of The Young and Middle Guard to cover the flanks against the attacks of the resurrected loonies! :D

And that will be the time for earning the bearskin cap you are destined to wear. ;)

[ July 18, 2004, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Great stuff, I just finished putting a new barrel of it in the den. Later in the day wife-Marion will help me out of the playpen. She always wanted at least one child and I feel it's always good to kill two birds with one stone -- okay, so that was not the best choice of words! :D

Great stuff, I just finished putting a new barrel of it in the den. Later in the day wife-Marion will help me out of the playpen. She always wanted at least one child and I feel it's always good to kill two birds with one stone -- okay, so that was not the best choice of words!

:D Ah JJ,

stop it already, these newbies are looking for a revolution, be strong with us!!

Hi this is Les, no, not someone called Les the Sarge 9-1, he just let me use this account.

Seemed kinda like a waste to make a new account just for this.

And, considering how that is frowned on too.

But, truth is, things change.

One to many wingnuts in the world for Les the Sarge 9-1, so he decided a while back to just say screw it.

And if you haven't noticed, a few forums out there have gotten a bit thread bare of value.

It's not just a BF issue like some seem to think.

Wargamer turned into a real piece of crud. And who cares why, it's still a piece of crud at the end of the day.

Matrix Games still has some awesome games coming out. But their forum community has taken a pounding in opinion polls.

No one is immune.

The Unofficial ASL Forum is thinking of merging with Warfare HQ I understand. Not that Warfare HQ needs them.

Warfare HQ is about the only forum I can think of that is actually getting better.

Eventually SC2 is going to show up. And there will be much rejoicing.

It might even pick up in here a bit. Won't make General Discussions suddenly worth posting on though.

Me, I plan to do all my SC/SC2 chatting on forums where the air is cleaner and the beer colder.

BF can make the games, but the forums, well, there boring.

Anyone wants me, I am at House of Games.

It's new, it's still small admittedly.

It has more to offer, and wants to offer more.

Ok, time to shove this account back into the cellar.

Bottom line, Battlefront Forum is still "Center Court" for players of Strategic Command. I don't have the fire in my bones like I did originally for this game, but Strategic Command is still part of my gaming history. Just don't have the time for lone 8-hour games. The weather is too nice, I have golf balls to hit, volleyballs to spike, softballs to slug, it's summer.

To the newbies or icon wannabees: Remember, it takes more than curse words, unvalidated claims, & complaining to become a winner. Be prepared to back your game, because if you're running a bluff when trying to transition upward, it will look bad on your prestiege points.

Terif is still the undisputed World Champ. Without a doubt, I'm #2. There are another half dozen Legends out there that have game. We all are in "chill mode", just jousting now & then, sort of waiting for SC2 or something better to come along. PanzerLiga is the place if you want to compete for points & stuff.

There are also some guys that became Legends for other reasons beside their game play, they contribute in other areas: Sir Jersey the Historian, Kuni on Comedy Central, & Les for telling it like it is, etc.

My current gaming role is a limited, I'm busy making dough for the company & myself.

I'm tired of typing smile.gif

From the Wooded Mountain Hills of my Ranch,

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Originally posted by Tony_S:

I get the distinct feeling I am being rounded on by you veterans, tactical retreat required!

No way Tony, stand and fight. Don´t you see these old fossils, are using even older survival strategies. tongue.gif Come on look at their uniforms, they are still using horses even.

;)