Le garde recule???

Kuniworth

Where is the old guard those days? Are you gonna let Arngrim, Derick, Roosevelt45, SuperDreadnought2001 and whatever they are called take over this board???? Hell I'm gonna fight for it!!!

I want to check if some of "the old guard" eg the 2002-2003 squad is still alive. Post a message if you are still here. Bold names I'm really worried about.

MIA

Jersey John

Rambo

Hueristic

Comrade Trapp

Waltero

Zappsweden

Kurt 88

Immer Etwas

Les the Sarge

Liam

Moon(!)

Madmatt(!)

Hubert(!)

CvM

Jim Boggs

CC Baxter

Archibald

Dalmatia Partisan

Leopard

BriantheInsane

Bullwinkle

Dragonheart

Otto

Iron Ranger

John Di Fool

Codename Condor

Seawolf 48

Jordy

Lucky Zebra

JP Wagner

Sorry if I missed anyone.

[ July 16, 2004, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legend is in the House. I've been busy with real technology, creating it so all the factories in China & India have something new to make.

I now live in the great State of Washington on my new spread, 5 acres, Ranch Rambo. Been working the land on my new Riding Mower, Tractor, enjoying 50" HD (Direct TV), baseball package, playing golf, hanging with friends, & family.

Dumped my baggage in Boise (girlfriend) months ago. She wanted a wedding ring, instead I put her on waivers for a chick to be named later smile.gif

Can't remember the last game of SC I've play. I will be playing Terif tommorrow morning, that will be a rough comeback. I might be stuck in the SC world, since only "dial-up" is offered here in the foothill mountain woods North of the Columbia River. The Northwest is beaufiful, plenty of rain compared to the desert heat of Boise, Idaho.

Maybe SC2 will be released for Christmas. Until then, Ranch Rambo is happening. It's steaks & volleyball tomorrow night. I'm having a new driveway put in for a small hoop game.

"Freedom" --- Mel Gibson in the movie BraveHeart.

Rambo, Captain of Team USA

Rambo, still Top player except for you know who

Rambo, proud citizen of State of Washington

I've got a little theory as to what happened to the old gang. On April 9, 2003, I linked fifteen Threads I started on topics that are among the things being discussed by the newer guys right now at the SC2 Forum.

These are only fifteen threads that I initiated. There are hundreds of others that we all started on similar subjucts. That's from about two years ago and we finally discussed all these things to death this time last year!

Could be the old guard has gone to where they could discuss things they hadn't already discussed to exhaustion. ;)

< 15 Immortal SC Threads over One and a Half Years Old! >

These are the topics in that link -- look familiar from the SC2 Forum? The newest of them was started during the winter of 2002-2003!

If you want to read any of them, click on the link given above and scroll down to the post I made at that time (shown in part below) ...

posted April 09, 2003 02:08 PM [...]

-- * Links to Selected Topics * --

The Game Map and Weather.

*Hubert -- The North Atlantic!

*North America

*Weather and SC.

Ideas Regarding Diplomacy and Inter-nation Economic Relations -- These entries are closely tied to related topics posted by Shaka of Carthage and Kurt88.

*Topic of Suggestions for Diplomacy and Economic Ideas.

*Neutrals as Economic Factors in SC.

The Air War in SC.

*Solutions for the Bullying Air Fleet Problem.

*Separate Units and Research Fields for Prop and Jet Aircraft

Redefinition of HQs in SC.

*HQs and Unit Nationality.

*Expanded HQ Roles: Stacking with Advance and Retreat after Combat.

*HQs for Large Minor Countries -- Mannerheim & Franco etc..

Ideas Concerning Amphibious Tactics in SC

-- These posts closely related to ideas posted by Immer Etwas.

*Amphibious Operations in SC.

*Ideas Regarding An Amphibious Operations Unit.

*Amphibious Operations Research Field

An Expanded Campaign/Scenario Editor.

*Player Defined Unit Limits in the Scenario Editor.

*Map Editor and Troop Placement for Non-starting Nations in the Expanded Campaign Editor.

[ July 17, 2004, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

The old world is dead!!!

accept it, it is our turn now, mwooehahahahahaaaaaaa :mad: .

seriously, things on this forum have been going really slow lately, it's not so much that 'the old guard' has dissapeared it's just that they've been busy elsewhere(GF,SC2,).

And jersey john has created a new forum now, remember?

House of Games

I'm a member of his site as well, but I'm ashamed to say that I haven't been really active there redface.gif .

But many people of the 'old guard', as you call it, are active there.

a humble message from a humble noob to the old hags(with all due respect, ofcourse).

Roosevelt45(the 2nd)

Well said and thanks for slipping in a plug for that place.

Unfortunately I haven't been as active at House Of Games (click on the link in sig to get there! ;) ) as I would like to be because the other site I'm caught up in (The Writing Club (click on the other link in my sig to get to that one as well ;) ) has been taking a lot of time and driving me nuts.

Did I mention that you can get to either of them by clicking on the links in my sig? :rolleyes:

Roosevelt45 (the Second)

Glad you enjoyed it -- Lucky Zebra was an insane streaker, he had about a dozen posts, all of which were locked! :D

Tony S.

Oh, that's different, wish you'd have said before that you're representing the Yanks! :D

-- Except I think this place is more like something out of late '45 than '41. Wander over to House of Games and become Member #14 if you're so inclined. Kurt88 is member #13 and we haven't had any activity there in a few days. It's my fault, I've been side-tracked. Pzgrndr provided some great screen shots of SC2 and I haven't been able to upload them yet.

In a couple of months the SC2 Forum will suddenly revive. I guess this one will be sent to a museum. :(

[ July 17, 2004, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Originally posted by Tony_S:

Forget the old guard, here comes the new!!!

Sorry Tony, the history of this forum has proven otherwise.

The new guys come and go, some even become part of the "old guard" after a time. But none the less the "old guard" is here to stay and will remain the backbone of this forum. ;)

Originally posted by Roosevelt45(the 2nd):

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Pzgrndr provided some great screen shots of SC2 and I haven't been able to upload them yet.

I was so bored of regularly checking the site for updates that I gave up, but holy sh*t. :eek:

Those are some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet new screenies. </font>

Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Roosevelt45(the 2nd):

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Pzgrndr provided some great screen shots of SC2 and I haven't been able to upload them yet.

I was so bored of regularly checking the site for updates that I gave up, but holy sh*t. :eek:

Those are some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet new screenies. </font>