THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : MAY 2003

88mm

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cro_panzer --- You played well & should be proud of your strategies. Like you said,"Sinking the Italian Navy won't win me the game....", but you did cause me some damage. The RAF made a good appearance. The Russian front was going to be a long-term grinder.

Anyhow, good luck in your SC-Ladder career, I see nothing but good things in your future. Continue to play ICONS & LEGENDS to pick-up advanced play manuevers.

Til next time,

Hollywood.

cro_panzer --- You played well & should be proud of your strategies. Like you said,"Sinking the Italian Navy won't win me the game....", but you did cause me some damage. The RAF made a good appearance. The Russian front was going to be a long-term grinder.

Anyhow, good luck in your SC-Ladder career, I see nothing but good things in your future. Continue to play ICONS & LEGENDS to pick-up advanced play manuevers.

Til next time,

Hollywood.

Rambo (Allies) lost to Terif (Axis) --- Bid was 200, 1.07.

I tried Low Country gambit turn # 1. It's a long-shot that failed. Didn't get LC, so it was a free donation to the Germans. France fell June 30, '40; I took my share of damage.

I took a gamble on hit German-HQ 7-times & couldn't get a kill. 2-carriers, 1-french air, 2-british-air, french-naval, & british corp. Couldn't get the kill on the Germans Officer.

Oh, well, gotta try a big gamble on the Champ to keep him honest. I surrendered after the Fall of France, Brits were weak, USA readiness -33% after the LC & Irish attacks.

Rambo (Allies) lost to Terif (Axis) --- Bid was 200, 1.07.

I tried Low Country gambit turn # 1. It's a long-shot that failed. Didn't get LC, so it was a free donation to the Germans. France fell June 30, '40; I took my share of damage.

I took a gamble on hit German-HQ 7-times & couldn't get a kill. 2-carriers, 1-french air, 2-british-air, french-naval, & british corp. Couldn't get the kill on the Germans Officer.

Oh, well, gotta try a big gamble on the Champ to keep him honest. I surrendered after the Fall of France, Brits were weak, USA readiness -33% after the LC & Irish attacks.

Rambo (Axis) lost Terif (Allies) --- I never got any advancement in Jets as the Germans, 4-chits were applied. My 11 air units didn't have a chance against 3-air units of the British who had Jet level-13.

Surrendered in Summer 1942 with no Jet technology?

4-chits x 8% = 32% / chance per turn. And I never get an advancement? What a waste of 8-hours to get no tech.

[ May 18, 2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo (Axis) lost Terif (Allies) --- I never got any advancement in Jets as the Germans, 4-chits were applied. My 11 air units didn't have a chance against 3-air units of the British who had Jet level-13.

Surrendered in Summer 1942 with no Jet technology?

4-chits x 8% = 32% / chance per turn. And I never get an advancement? What a waste of 8-hours to get no tech.

[ May 18, 2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo (Axis) lost to Terif (Allies) --- Gave it another try; paranoid that I'd never get Jets I decided to go after the British navy. Not smart, not Rambo, not being me.

Is there some secret patch the keeps your opponent from getting Jet-tech? My last 3-games against ICONS, I'm not even getting Jet tech level-11 2-years into the game? Playing IronRanger as the British on get no tech? Playing Hombre Plin, no tech?

My hot streak has slipped, playing Terif will do that.

It's going to be tough to pull the upset playing 2:00 - 6:00 a.m.

"Show me the way to go home, I'm tired & I wanna goto to bed" --- sung by Richard Dreyfuss, Robert Shaw & Roy Schneider in the movie Jaws.

643.GIF

[ May 18, 2003, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo (Axis) lost to Terif (Allies) --- Gave it another try; paranoid that I'd never get Jets I decided to go after the British navy. Not smart, not Rambo, not being me.

Is there some secret patch the keeps your opponent from getting Jet-tech? My last 3-games against ICONS, I'm not even getting Jet tech level-11 2-years into the game? Playing IronRanger as the British on get no tech? Playing Hombre Plin, no tech?

My hot streak has slipped, playing Terif will do that.

It's going to be tough to pull the upset playing 2:00 - 6:00 a.m.

"Show me the way to go home, I'm tired & I wanna goto to bed" --- sung by Richard Dreyfuss, Robert Shaw & Roy Schneider in the movie Jaws.

643.GIF

[ May 18, 2003, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo (first game as Allies):

Why do you attack with Lv 11 jets my Lv 13 (5 chits)jets + 3 carriers in France ? Use your air in Russia, there you had tech superiority. By the way, you also had 3 Italian airfleets with Lv 13 ;) and I am pretty sure you didnt have 4 chits for Italy...

Anyway, the key to success in a war is to adapt your strategy to the battle situation and the tech levels. If you are inferior in jet tech, then stay away and use the air at a more healthy place. The russian front needs air in every case.

[ May 18, 2003, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Rambo (first game as Allies):

Why do you attack with Lv 11 jets my Lv 13 (5 chits)jets + 3 carriers in France ? Use your air in Russia, there you had tech superiority. By the way, you also had 3 Italian airfleets with Lv 13 ;) and I am pretty sure you didnt have 4 chits for Italy...

Anyway, the key to success in a war is to adapt your strategy to the battle situation and the tech levels. If you are inferior in jet tech, then stay away and use the air at a more healthy place. The russian front needs air in every case.

[ May 18, 2003, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Terif --- Are you kidding me? Yeah, I got the level-11 Germans the turn I surrendered. Game was already over. I elimate my pieces stupidly? The answer is YES at 4:30 a.m. in the morning against Jets-13. You wake-up & play me all-night & give me the advantage of > 3 in Jets. The same crap happened between us before, you're lucky tech.

You're correct, I didn't put 4-chits in with Italy. Did I ever say that?

I did put 3-chits in with Italy because I had no choice! Do you think that is going to matter? Italy is a non-factor, had to buy the air, move the air, etc. WAY AFTER THE FACT.

You preach at me like you outplayed me. I had 11-German air-units in France against 3-British air-units. You think I didn't plan for your usual British air on slaught. You had Level-13 Jets, I had no tech, that is fact. You're the one who plays the same way with the British. I built nothing but air & stuffed them in France & couldn't stop 3 of your British air. I couldn't even base myself in your range.

Tell me what was wrong with that?

[ May 18, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Terif --- Are you kidding me? Yeah, I got the level-11 Germans the turn I surrendered. Game was already over. I elimate my pieces stupidly? The answer is YES at 4:30 a.m. in the morning against Jets-13. You wake-up & play me all-night & give me the advantage of > 3 in Jets. The same crap happened between us before, you're lucky tech.

You're correct, I didn't put 4-chits in with Italy. Did I ever say that?

I did put 3-chits in with Italy because I had no choice! Do you think that is going to matter? Italy is a non-factor, had to buy the air, move the air, etc. WAY AFTER THE FACT.

You preach at me like you outplayed me. I had 11-German air-units in France against 3-British air-units. You think I didn't plan for your usual British air on slaught. You had Level-13 Jets, I had no tech, that is fact. You're the one who plays the same way with the British. I built nothing but air & stuffed them in France & couldn't stop 3 of your British air. I couldn't even base myself in your range.

Tell me what was wrong with that?

[ May 18, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]