THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : MAY 2003

88mm

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Terif --- Are you kidding me? Yeah, I got the level-11 Germans the turn I surrendered. Game was already over. I elimate my pieces stupidly? The answer is YES at 4:30 a.m. in the morning against Jets-13. You wake-up & play me all-night & give me the advantage of > 3 in Jets. The same crap happened between us before, you're lucky tech.

You're correct, I didn't put 4-chits in with Italy. Did I ever say that?

I did put 3-chits in with Italy because I had no choice! Do you think that is going to matter? Italy is a non-factor, had to buy the air, move the air, etc. WAY AFTER THE FACT.

You preach at me like you outplayed me. I had 11-German air-units in France against 3-British air-units. You think I didn't plan for your usual British air on slaught. You had Level-13 Jets, I had no tech, that is fact. You're the one who plays the same way with the British. I built nothing but air & stuffed them in France & couldn't stop 3 of your British air. I couldn't even base myself in your range.

Tell me what was wrong with that?

Rambo, I gotta say that your distribution is not good. Investing 3 chits for jets with Italy i.e 750 MPP and buying air fleet is just not good. Italy have worthless HQ's and should put effort on covering the map by filling holes in front lines and garrison cities. This enables Germany to commit all their ground forces with HQ's and near the front. Also, it is good for Germany since they can put their money on Air instead of buying ground units to defend all neutrals. Another good role for Italy is (sometimes) navy. You do not need good HQ's for navy.

All the cash you spent on Italian airforce 1000+ MPP could have been used to buy 7-10 corps and relieve Germany of that role. I do not know how the map looked like in your game, but I have never seen a game where Italian air force was worth the investment.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Terif --- Are you kidding me? Yeah, I got the level-11 Germans the turn I surrendered. Game was already over. I elimate my pieces stupidly? The answer is YES at 4:30 a.m. in the morning against Jets-13. You wake-up & play me all-night & give me the advantage of > 3 in Jets. The same crap happened between us before, you're lucky tech.

You're correct, I didn't put 4-chits in with Italy. Did I ever say that?

I did put 3-chits in with Italy because I had no choice! Do you think that is going to matter? Italy is a non-factor, had to buy the air, move the air, etc. WAY AFTER THE FACT.

You preach at me like you outplayed me. I had 11-German air-units in France against 3-British air-units. You think I didn't plan for your usual British air on slaught. You had Level-13 Jets, I had no tech, that is fact. You're the one who plays the same way with the British. I built nothing but air & stuffed them in France & couldn't stop 3 of your British air. I couldn't even base myself in your range.

Tell me what was wrong with that?

Rambo, I gotta say that your distribution is not good. Investing 3 chits for jets with Italy i.e 750 MPP and buying air fleet is just not good. Italy have worthless HQ's and should put effort on covering the map by filling holes in front lines and garrison cities. This enables Germany to commit all their ground forces with HQ's and near the front. Also, it is good for Germany since they can put their money on Air instead of buying ground units to defend all neutrals. Another good role for Italy is (sometimes) navy. You do not need good HQ's for navy.

All the cash you spent on Italian airforce 1000+ MPP could have been used to buy 7-10 corps and relieve Germany of that role. I do not know how the map looked like in your game, but I have never seen a game where Italian air force was worth the investment.

Rambo:

First: you got Lv11 jets 2-3 turns after the fall of France, where I had Lv0. I had 2 chits since Ireland at the beginning (turn 3 or 4) and no tech. After France it increased to 5 chits jets and 4 chits LongRange. So it was not much of luck with tech (1942:Jets Lv13,LR Lv11). That Axis is 2-3 tech advances behind UK happens very often. They dont have the time and chits to develope it. I also faced this situation in many games, but this didnt prevent me from doing my job.

What was wrong:

-Giving Italy Vichy and Iraq is a waste of mpp, Germany needs them. Especially if you research jets with both countries: you pay twice for the same tech.

-You had a total of >=11 airfleets. If you use them in Russia you dont need much mpp to reinforce and can advance there. But you retreated your forces from Russia and started an air war in France. You didnt have the mpp to replace the losses against UK air. Doesnt matter how much airfleets you have there, if they are at low strength, doing nothing and no mpp to reinforce...

Giving Russia the time to build up their forces is another thing, resulting from the airwar in France.

-to buy only air is not a good idea. Axis need also ground forces in Russia. Only some airfleets are needed for the breakthroughs, but the main forces should be ground units. Air against ground is very expensive in the long run, its better to use ground against ground.

Your 6 or 7 tanks and 3 armies are clearly not enough, especially since tanks become obsolete very soon with antitank tech.

Zappsweden: Correct.

Map: all the usual neutrals taken, except Spain and Portugal, they stayed neutral. But Vichy and Iraq have been taken by Italy, so very low mpp income for Germany.

[ May 18, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Rambo:

First: you got Lv11 jets 2-3 turns after the fall of France, where I had Lv0. I had 2 chits since Ireland at the beginning (turn 3 or 4) and no tech. After France it increased to 5 chits jets and 4 chits LongRange. So it was not much of luck with tech (1942:Jets Lv13,LR Lv11). That Axis is 2-3 tech advances behind UK happens very often. They dont have the time and chits to develope it. I also faced this situation in many games, but this didnt prevent me from doing my job.

What was wrong:

-Giving Italy Vichy and Iraq is a waste of mpp, Germany needs them. Especially if you research jets with both countries: you pay twice for the same tech.

-You had a total of >=11 airfleets. If you use them in Russia you dont need much mpp to reinforce and can advance there. But you retreated your forces from Russia and started an air war in France. You didnt have the mpp to replace the losses against UK air. Doesnt matter how much airfleets you have there, if they are at low strength, doing nothing and no mpp to reinforce...

Giving Russia the time to build up their forces is another thing, resulting from the airwar in France.

-to buy only air is not a good idea. Axis need also ground forces in Russia. Only some airfleets are needed for the breakthroughs, but the main forces should be ground units. Air against ground is very expensive in the long run, its better to use ground against ground.

Your 6 or 7 tanks and 3 armies are clearly not enough, especially since tanks become obsolete very soon with antitank tech.

Zappsweden: Correct.

Map: all the usual neutrals taken, except Spain and Portugal, they stayed neutral. But Vichy and Iraq have been taken by Italy, so very low mpp income for Germany.

[ May 18, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Is there some secret patch the keeps your opponent from getting Jet-tech? My last 3-games against ICONS, I'm not even getting Jet tech level-11 2-years into the game? Playing IronRanger as the British on get no tech? Playing Hombre Plin, no tech?

No secret patch but your luck seams to run in other directions. In our present game you did the LC gambit on turn one, managed to get poland to last 5 turns and got lucky with the odd ball USSR readness rule after a extented battle in france. So I guess my luck ran with me getting L2 jets with only 1 chit. Its all luck, or making your own (luck).

Is there some secret patch the keeps your opponent from getting Jet-tech? My last 3-games against ICONS, I'm not even getting Jet tech level-11 2-years into the game? Playing IronRanger as the British on get no tech? Playing Hombre Plin, no tech?

No secret patch but your luck seams to run in other directions. In our present game you did the LC gambit on turn one, managed to get poland to last 5 turns and got lucky with the odd ball USSR readness rule after a extented battle in france. So I guess my luck ran with me getting L2 jets with only 1 chit. Its all luck, or making your own (luck).

Rambo has the following current games on this Ladder with this status in my opinion:

HombrePlin: bad

Gorski: good

CvM: very very very old game, going good

CodenameCondor: good

GravesRegistration: good

IronRanger: slight bad

Bonaza: Who cares, this dude disconnects & doesn't respond to messages.

Bottome Line: I'm moving onto the Major Leagues, if you want to continue regardless of game status, I'll honor my old games, play them out & post here. If you don't give a rat's ass we can forget these games.

"Anybody who says they play golf for fun are lying" --- famous golf quote.

I'm also changing my name in the new league to Rambo-Hollywood.

[ May 20, 2003, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]