Condor's Scandinavian Blitz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True the real great games last at least until 1943 if not 1946 ...with almost equal tech and the war raging back and forth. ;)

Hubert should implement a France only option in SC2 for all our famous "best of France" players. :D:D

Well i probably will be back but not yet ...winter time is coming and with it alot of time waiting to be consumed.

Meanwhile work on your patience ROFL

Dragonheart.

Patience!, well, u cant have it all... I try to finish my opponent fast yup, this game is too much time depending and i dont have time for those 45's games. Ive got a life

So, yes, i like to play fast players like rambo and i know em "to know when there are finished". I read u r a very good player but i also read that u play "kinda slow", so they say... :rolleyes: , u have to speed up man! :D Have u ever played a 5 minutes chess game. Its fun!.

Agree with Condor. I enjoy trying different strategies & playing fast. This ZappSlow & DragonSlow crap is for those serving life in prison. I've lost plenty of games because of hasty, pissed off, & implusive moves. But I'd rather play two fun games, then one slow game. Plus, I'm a real life Legend. I make alot of bank, have lots of chicks, house, car, friends, golf, softball, sports, basketball, church, family........

Quit playing slow you bums! You know who your are! Hubert, add a timer!!!

Originally posted by Codename Condor:

Dragonheart.

Patience!, well, u cant have it all... I try to finish my opponent fast yup, this game is too much time depending and i dont have time for those 45's games. Ive got a life

So, yes, i like to play fast players like rambo and i know em "to know when there are finished". I read u r a very good player but i also read that u play "kinda slow", so they say... :rolleyes: , u have to speed up man! :D Have u ever played a 5 minutes chess game. Its fun!.

Well slow and slow there might be a difference ;) when i played Zapp even me got nervous as even pre Paris turns took 10-15 min :D

I think Rambo and Hellraiser can prove that sometimes i played rather quick and it isnt that worse like vs Zapp.

Yep, 5 min chess is fun, i played this when i were young :D

France is like 15 turns (per players)

Mid-Game is like 15 turns (per player)

Barbie is like 1-90 turns (per player)

Point is, when Paris fall I speed up. Dragonheart, you don't. You use extra minutes all the midgame turns and when barbie starts well, lets not even talk about it... :D

Ok, lets instead talk about it:

I lost many games because I do not have the stamina to scroll through the 50+ units in the end game phase. The fact is after barbie starts, Dragonheart turn 80% of our games in his favour. It starts with his turns taking 10 minutes. I then quickly realise that one year will take 30 (turns) * 10 (minutes) = 300 minutes = 5 hours. I then speed up because I do not want it to take forever. I make some mistakes. I think to myself "is it worth spending another 5-10 hours on a game I am now losing". I make some desperate move to turn things back again and most often it fails and I give it up.

There are chess clock timer applets out there Dragonheart. Lets play a "battle of the slows" and find out exactly who is the snail and who is the turtle. :D

[ September 12, 2005, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Fact is either one enjoys the game also in full lengh or is bored and burned out.. capable to play only quickies anymore.

I bet that when playing the first 100 games nobody took care on the lengh of a game from 100+ games things changed for almost everyone.

To your calculation i can only add that your speeding up in mid- or lategame is just a rumor :D ...but thats not the point as i dont care ...when i play one opponent i have to accept his behavior as well as his moving time.....so we spent alot of time with each other playing our appr. 50 games. :D

Sorry atm i have no intentions to play SC maybe later in the year i will make a comeback to kick your ass again. ;):D