Due to RAI ----> both DH & Terif using northern poland opening

jon_j_rambo

It's a fact that the RAI strategy has become standard operating procedure as the Allies. Allied players are forcing the action & looking for just a slight amount of luck at the right time to turn the tide. If things aren't looking perfect for the RAI strategy, it can be quickly modified.

Why? Because Axis player must slowplay with LF, so the Allies have extra time to modified strategy! Even the Spanish gambit would now become a sneaky strategy.

Terif is now using Northern Polish Attack for his opening! DH is already adjusting his strategy after getting headcracked.

RAI has shook up the world & changed the game.

To my critics of my recent play, I'm more of a developer than "play 20 hours of TCC". TCC is boring. I don't have time to sit on a computer stool that long. When I'm on a computer, I make $38 / hour for my job smile.gif

I'm glad the Gospel is short & sweet, not a bunch of works for salvation.

In the current thread of Zapp's game vs. Yoda, you clowns have also seen the need for replay & spectator mode.

The Forum is once against at new heights because of the challenge Zapp is making for the crown.

I use the northern opening since ages Rambo but after a test series with Hellraiser i have it refined. The fact that you never noticed this is that you always played axis ag me.

I also found a perfect counter strategy vs RAI or ZAS but i did not use it so far, in my first game ag Zapp i wanted to use it but due to a misclick i had to follow my old opening. :D All i need for this kind of strategy is average rolls ...not better rolls but also no worse rolls.

But like every strategy different roll results lead to different tactics as one had to adapt the strategy.

Northern polish breakthru is used by DH since the times before RAI ... He and myself tried to work on a new opening able to face ANY allied aggro strategy, not only RAI. The northern polish breakthru (used by DH and aimed at killing the army) was tweaked to attack the corps just below that army so axis can get at least 3 hexes near warsaw if not four (use of the second tank).

DH uses even a fighter if the rolls on the ground get sucky and would use Runnie supporting army,tank, corps and 2 AFs vs LC in turn 2.

Normal odds vs LC corps under this opening are: 4 (tank) + 4 (army) + 1 (corps) +2*2 (2 AFs) = 13

Exactly as if attacking with Bock supporting 3 AFs, tank, corps and army unsupported.

The only danger is RAF/FAF intercepting the 2 LFs down to 6 and modifying the odds vs LC corps to 0-1 instead of normal 0-2. Combined with some other minimum rolls of tank/army/corps you can fail. But rarely, so the opening is very, very good.

Third fighter is ued for softening up the warsaw garrison (or finish off the corps in the open, if needed) and during second turn to aid in killing off the warsaw defender, if needed.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

It's a fact that the RAI strategy has become standard operating procedure as the Allies. Allied players are forcing the action & looking for just a slight amount of luck at the right time to turn the tide. If things aren't looking perfect for the RAI strategy, it can be quickly modified.

Rambo I would be glad to see a working "RAI" Strategy. As far as I have seen it could although be called the RapidAlliedDestruction

Any good luck with good combat rolls for the Axis will lead to an early breakthrough....

But I am willing to learn. Catch me ICQ sometimes.

As regarding to the northern opening. Yeah DH used it already long ago and has been adopted by many PL layers long ago but hte relevant discussion around this topic are already a least 8 months old.... Proof again that battlefront is a little backward regarding tactics....

Is it typical american to try to slap your name on everything?

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Somebra. Lucky Axis rolls means you adapt the RAI. Read and Learn my posts.

/Swedish Legendary Player Zapp

Zappy as far as I have heard you slow play your wars real time. ;) Perhaps you can teach me a lesson sometimes ICQ 336-345-303. :confused: Easy to claim legend status if you are the only player from a god forgotten place. tongue.gif

Originally posted by hellraiser:

zapp - you know very well that against a 3 turns denmark/poland, RAI is very difficult to play

I would definitely use RAI if axis mount a sucky attack on poland.

I beat Dragonheart using RAI despite he got all 3 neutrals in 3 turns.

Read it... and WEAP! :cool:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=004130

[ June 13, 2005, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

i have a better strategy: Central strategy, im using it every time.

U know i always use both tanks in Poland in the first turn. I use 1 tank+2 armies (even with the help of 1 AF) to kill the central corps and there u go u have a breakthru. Ive been operating Rundstead to the West almost always since the begining (just when i noticed i got more attack values).

TRY IT!

Originally posted by hellraiser:

... was tweaked to attack the corps just below that army so axis can get at least 3 hexes near warsaw if not four (use of the second tank).

DH uses even a fighter if the rolls on the ground get sucky and would use Runnie supporting army,tank, corps and 2 AFs vs LC in turn 2.

I didnt read this before. yep, thats it. the central corps yes but, u use both tanks to get breaktru. Just operate 1 of the 2 southern armies to teh west. Its quite similar to the terif breaktrhu but u dont use rundstead in poland as terif did.

Originally posted by zappsweden:

I heard enough Sombra talk now, it is time to learn this little dude a lesson :D

Ok, sombra u are now both on my "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE" list and ICQ list. You will be taught a different lesson than what they teach you at Yoda Boot Camp :cool:

Thanks unfortunatly I am a slowwww slooow learner . But I was told I will have enough time to learn while you move. How about playing this weekend?

Ranug sorry I forgot that you are from Sweden too.

Unfortunately i misclicked in this one game ag zapp so i had to continue to attack the army...it messed up my game and my following tactic had completely to be changed. Having the 3 minors in time was not the point ...the point is another but i wont state this now ... as there are 6 other games ag zapp....but hey perhaps even a RAI from my side. :D