Brummbär scenario

The Brummbar or " Stupa "( this was the nickname used by German troops, the term " Brummbar " was only used after the war ) was designed as a " bunker buster " weapon. It is useful for knocking out enemy held positions in buildings, etc. Think of it as mobile artillery ( that's exactly what it is, an SPG ). It's relatively cheap to purchase & far more effective than the Sturmmorser Tiger ( available in CMBB only ). It doesn't cost nearly as much as the SturmTiger, doesn't bog nearly as easily ( so it can keep up with your troops ) & has much more ammunition & a faster reload time. Still, it is fun to watch a SturmTiger fire & see a platoon of Russians disappear in a massive explosion :D .

Hope this helps smile.gif .

I have a battle over to the SD, DEY-Op Konrad 2 E1, this battle involves the german 2nd attempt to break through and relieve Budapest in jan/45, so it's a winter battle. I have several of the late model brum's in it to help clear and destroy a village. I'm sorry the briefings are pretty bad, as soon as keith has his new site version going at the scenario depot, I plan on fixing the battles I have there in several regards.

For the germans you start out with a small recce force but the german main battle units will show up through out the battle, and it's a sizeable force to say the least, but I took great pains to make the battle easy to manage.

*A hint, my intention is for you to flatten the village. :D

I've also recently posted a whitewashed version of that brummbar over to cmmods.

Hope ya give it a look and it was fun for ya.

Originally posted by Zveroboy:

I am looking for a scenario with a brummbär either for CMBB or CMAK.

I couldnt find any at the scenario depot; and i dont really know how they were used historically so its hard designing a quick battle.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Yes At the Scenario Depot CMBB there is a scenario called: Small Battles Objective

It was specifically built to highlight a Brummbar.

The Brummbar is the star - it comes in early as a reinforcement.

Thanks all for the quick answers; gotta love this forum.

I just downloaded all the scenarios mentioned in this thread and a few mods to go with it so i should be busy for a while.

DEY your whitewashed Panzer IIIN late looks real good :cool:

What does "Stupa" mean in german btw?

/me puts on tanker helmet

/me closes the hatch