Liberating Nations

Straha

I gathered from the FAQ that conquered nations can be liberated again. How exactly is this modelled? Will a

liberated nation be strictly neutral again (like I remember it was in High Command, and not a good idea I´d say) or will it be automatically in your alliance?

And will it again have its own troops etc?

If its not in the liberators alliance automatically, it should at least be very likely to enter. In no case the liberator should be denied to move his troops through that country. (I somehow remember, many years ago, having liberated Poland in High Command as the Russians, only to be denied to use Poland to stage my attack on Germany then ... grrr ...)

Straha

It will be automatically in your alliance, you will also be able to build troops again if it is a major like France otherwise it refalls under either Axis or Allied minor control where you will gain control over the resources but won't be able to rebuild units for this minor country.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

It will be automatically in your alliance, you will also be able to build troops again if it is a major like France otherwise it refalls under either Axis or Allied minor control where you will gain control over the resources but won't be able to rebuild units for this minor country.

Are there any production penalties for countries like France once they have been liberated to account for the general destruction of the liberation and the retooling of factories for different production.

Yes, in general any occupied nation will not be running at 100% capacity, and this will be reflected by the overall efficiency in these cities and other resources. Only after liberation will they begin to make their way back to full capacity once again. Also if any of these cities. ports etc have been damaged along the road to liberation this will also be a factor

Good one! You'll have to liberate the capital, but it does not mean that the whole country will automatically join your alliance, any remaining territory still controlled by the enemy will remain enemy controlled territory, so you will have to perform mop up operations to clear those parts up.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Good one! You'll have to liberate the capital, but it does not mean that the whole country will automatically join your alliance, any remaining territory still controlled by the enemy will remain enemy controlled territory, so you will have to perform mop up operations to clear those parts up.

Strange question but.. suppose a British unit captures Paris but is cut off. Can that unit draw supply from Paris or is supply an HQ feature?

Originally posted by Canuck_para:

Strange question but.. suppose a British unit captures Paris but is cut off. Can that unit draw supply from Paris or is supply an HQ feature?[/QB]

CP,

Supply can be drawn from an HQ or a friendly city.

[ April 25, 2002, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Canuck_para:

Strange question but.. suppose a British unit captures Paris but is cut off. Can that unit draw supply from Paris or is supply an HQ feature?

CP,

Supply can drawn from an HQ or a friendly city.[/QB]</font>

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Canuck_para:

...can Italy switch sides when Allied control or are all Italian forces eliminated?

CP,

I'm sorry to say they cannot. This applies to the other turncoats as well.</font>