Bergman All U.S. Sherman Plainpack RELEASED!

Marco has finally given all of us the first iteration of his massive "All U.S. Shermans" mod project. This release, made tonight, is the "Plainpack" version, FULLY Mod Manager compliant, and containing ALL the U.S Shermans, including the M4/M4A3's in Marco's older mod, the M4A1's, the Jumbos biggrin.gif , and these guys, the Easy 8's:

Easy8.jpg

As you can see this may be the "Plainpack", but it's anything but plain, with lots of high res detail and added kit. As a bonus and by popular demand, the pack also includes snow covered WINTER versions of all the Shermans, as previewed here previously.

Matt has his hands full now, but tells me CMHQ will be back at full speed in a week or so. Meanwhile, this mod has been submitted to DraGoon at CM Outpost and should be up soon.

I'm willing to mail this beast to serious mod-sluts in the meantime, with a couple of caveats. First, please E-MAIL me your request so that I can send it off easily (no posted requests here please), and second and more important, since this is a 6 meg monster, please make sure your e-mail provider will allow a 6 meg attachment to be sent to you (sadly, lots of providers don't).

Watch for news of the coming Fullpack multi-national version of this mod in the next week or so... Marco has done most of the textures and is fine tuning it now. Low res version is also in the works for the CPU and vid card impaired smile.gif

- Old Dog

[This message has been edited by Old Dog (edited 02-23-2001).]

Criminey, there's even mud between the treads! Beautiful, just beautiful.

Ah, say when is the full sachel gonna be ready. Juss wonderin.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Criminey, there's even mud between the treads!

Uhhmm, there has always been muddy tracks when the the ground is muddy. That's nothing new.

Also, while we're on the subject of tracks, I have a new version of the winter narrow track included in this mod. Read the readme and see my contribution. It's actually the original, but brightened up a bit which brought out the snow more. It's funny why it wasn't like this before. I think someone at BTS was sleeping on the job that day way back when when they made the 4025.bmp

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

I dunno, maybe it's the pic. But I never noticed it this way before. Its more clear or more pronounced or something. Anyway, its great.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Having been involved in testing this MEGA mod, I have to say that the HVSS suspension Marco did for this is an absolute work of art. Download it, use it, love it. smile.gif

Gordon

btw, stay tuned for winter whitewashed and snow-covered winter whitewashed versions of all these vehicles to complement Marco's snow covered versions. smile.gif

Biggest Baddest Mod to date, this one is huge. The added detail to ALL the previous Marco Shermans is great, and the new ones are jaw dropping.

Snowed covered Marco Bergman Shermans!!! Its fantastic. The winter scenarios never looked so good.

I've examined every bmp in this mod and got chills. Its a must have if there ever was one. A fantastic project that will meet any mod slut's craving.

Did I mention those snow covered Shermans? Its got me grinning with delight from ear to ear. Marco Bergman is just too nice to us.

We are not worthy, we are not worthy.

umm...im confused...how do you see the winter sherms in the game? i selected snow in QB and get the plain ones

there is a text file that sez:

"NOTE: To load Winter Shermans, select the "Winter Snowy" Extra using the OPTIONS button."

options button? what extra? where is this?

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Originally posted by russellmz:

umm...im confused...how do you see the winter sherms in the game? i selected snow in QB and get the plain ones

"NOTE: To load Winter Shermans, select the "Winter Snowy" Extra using the OPTIONS button." options button? what extra? where is this?

They were unzipped into their own directory.

Look at the CMBO BMP dir and you'll see a new WINTER subdir. In that new WINTER subdir you'll find the winter Shermies.

Originally posted by russellmz:

"NOTE: To load Winter Shermans, select the "Winter Snowy" Extra using the OPTIONS button."

options button? what extra? where is this?

Well to get the snowy ones, you have to install them first. And as Blackhorse mentioned they are apparently in their own folder or whatever. In this case, if you simply unzipped the main file directly into the BMP folder, thenyes, they won't show up, because the game only looks at .bmps, not other zips or folders in the BMP folder.

I, along with Gordon Molek and Old Dog (Bob Toole), was a tester for this MEGA pack. We have been receiving bit and pieces of this new pack for the past two months it seems. So we've got it scattered around our harddrive in several "updated zip" packs. So we didn't need to download this plainpack for ourselves so I'm not sure how Marco packaged it.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

There is NO such thing as a winter sub folder.

At least from BOTH the zipped file I downloaded earlier at CM Outpost and from the one Old Dog eMailed me.

That must be a leftover from a previous "Work in Progress" pack in the Readme file.

As it is obvious in that following pix, the install is quite functional.

Here is proof enough: Winterized & HiResed 76 and Jumbo plus friends...

View?u=1400454&a=10812693&p=41782627&Sequence=0&res=high

I'm eMailing the pack to those willing and able to recieve it till CM Outpost is up and running again.

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 02-23-2001).]

ahhhh, the folder is in bmp directory and i have to copy it out of ther into the bmp directory itself...(i totally ignored that new winter dir...never even noticed it)

thanks guys!

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Originally posted by PawBroon:

I'm eMailing the pack to those willing and able to recieve it till CM Outpost is up and running again.

Hay PawBroon could you send it my way

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC

Join Robs CMC2 today! Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

BHQS Board for me and BHQS only!

BHQS board

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 02-23-2001).]

Originally posted by Rob/1:

Hay PawBroon could you send it my way?

Rob you're Hotmail and thus limited by the ISP and won't be able to get it seing it's well over 6Mb...

Please note that in order to avoid cluttering the forum I'd rather recieve the MOD request directly through my eMail since I'd be more than aware of you asking for it this way.

marcel.vie@wanadoo.fr

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 02-23-2001).]