Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Group move

I bet this kinda changes won't make it into CM:BB anymore, but maybe for the next engine... At the moment the formation move is pretty useless in most situations. You would like to get a number of units to a certain location, but it can be done for one waypoint only. That is too harsh for most situations, when for example you want to move a platoon through patches of woods. So, you put their waypoints as a group for the first etape, and from that point on you'll just micromanage each of them even if they follow the same route.

Why couldn't one give a formation consecutive waypoints? I would also like to see an "Insert waypoint" command so that you could insert waypoints between already-set waypoints, at least fresh ones that aren't red yet. That way managing routes would become *much* easier. Also, how about adding wormholes and warp engines for easy movement through difficult terrain. I thank for your attention.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sergei:

I bet this kinda changes won't make it into CM:BB anymore, but maybe for the next engine... At the moment the formation move is pretty useless in most situations. You would like to get a number of units to a certain location, but it can be done for one waypoint only. That is too harsh for most situations, when for example you want to move a platoon through patches of woods. So, you put their waypoints as a group for the first etape, and from that point on you'll just micromanage each of them even if they follow the same route.

Why couldn't one give a formation consecutive waypoints? I would also like to see an "Insert waypoint" command so that you could insert waypoints between already-set waypoints, at least fresh ones that aren't red yet. That way managing routes would become *much* easier. Also, how about adding wormholes and warp engines for easy movement through difficult terrain. I thank for your attention.<hr></blockquote>

Guess What??

Wormholes are IN!

As I understand it the sewer system of Stalingrad will work largely like a network of wormholes and warpengines.

sound crazy?

Not really the last time I read about the Sewer system modeling of Stalingrad it sounded like "wormhole psuedo-science" as your infantry units can enter the sewer and you won't really be sure where they will come out again???

:cool: :D

comments?

-tom w

Another suggestion for the engine upgrade.

All this planning and movement gets tiring - why can't we play AI vs AI? Just sit back and watch the movie... and yell at the screen when our guys do something stupid. Hmmm, sounds sorta like American football.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

...and you won't really be sure where they will come out again???

:cool: :D

comments?

-tom w<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I believe that was if they come out again. Cool huh. :D