Request: Best Snow Mod for Terrain and Roads

Okay, I'm in the middle of finishing up a new operation for all your enjoyment..however, it looks ugly..its set in the wintertime and I want to know what the BEST non-gridded snow terrain mod is out there...and has somebody design SNOW ROADS that you can see???? I mean, every photo I've seen of the Ardennes shows the "snow road" as a muddy track which you would be able to see JUST FINE on a CM map. HELP!

Franko

------------------

Plants and animals die to support your fat ass.

DD's snow terrain IS definately the BEST out there. Most of the tiles can even be reduced an extra size with no detail loss... a plus for us Lo-Res'ers.

Would be sweet if someone with the time could add some churned up mud to DD's winter roads!

Also, I believe that Gary Kump made a snow road that enhanced the track contrast which makes it little easier to see. Go to CM Outpost and look for those. Sorry I can't remember exactly what heading they were under.

But I agree, a muddy snow road would look good. But you hafta smile.gif realize that all snow roads in CM are displayed the same no matter what kind of road is "underneath" the snow as there is only set of snow road tiles in the game. So therefore a paved road would not have turned into mud.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Hmmm, good point about the snow roads. How about a dirty, brownish grey road with banked sides that would look like either mud or dirty slush?

Those new tracked roads by Pud(?) are great, I hope he reads this and goes to work on some more roads for us. I nominate him as Roadmaster Modder!

I'm a newbie who has been lurking around these parts for a month or so. Unfortunately, I have picked up a nasty modslut problem. Last night I got this great notion that I could mod Pud's road mod and turn it into a muddy winter road. Here are some of the initial results:

View?u=1614328&a=12321413&p=45016050

View?u=1614328&a=12321413&p=45016049

There are problems with this muddy winter road idea.

1. As Maximus has pointed out all winter roads turn to mud....even the paved ones

2. Someone needs to make some really muddy vehicles mods to go with it!

3. My roomate says that if it is cold enough for snow to accumulate in the trees then there is no way the road will be that muddy......who knew I was living with grog? smile.gif

Anyway, let me know what everyone thinks. I will work on them further if there is interest. BTW Pud has seen my work and given his ok to my efforts

Jonah

I'll be rejigging my terrain mods this weekend. One of them added snow terrain which looks like a kitchen floor - e.g tiled.

At the moment I installed DD terrain, followed by Gunslinger, then Gary Kumps and finally DF grass and wheat. I think Gunsligers may be producing the winter tiles but am not sure. To be fair I only installed that recently because the 'readme' in Gary Kumps suggest that you should have Gunsligers terrain first. I may have to take that one out. Does anyone know for certain it will be that one causing it? (save me having to check loads of terrain tiles or install by trial and error)?