want to buy your Combat Mission

wrx

I'll sell mine for $1,000.00 Then I'll buy a new computer and wait for the game it come back in. smile.gif Hey maybe I should go over to E-bay. With this sucker.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

"Battlefront is sold out, and $45 is a little steep!

what sort of logic is that?

I didn't kill him, and it was in self-defense???

believe me, your 45$ are spent on a good cause, BTS deserves the money for a great game, and you get a great game. win-win.

if BTS really sold out and won't produce any more CM1 CDs (unlikely to happen) then I will sell you my CD ..... for 999$....cash in advance.

(I'm sure Steve himself would burn me another CD for a 500$ "donation to the CM2 project")

The $45 I spent on CM was about 75% of my entertainment budget for this year. Sell it? Any other game, maybe, but not CM. I appreciate BTS's customer support too much.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

WRX,

I too was sceptical at the price and online only sales. I played the beta demo a long time ago and wasn't too impressed; I tried it again after reading some of the posts and downloaded the gold demo. It changed my mind. If you love WWII, Squad Leader, or tactical games then you can't go wrong by getting this game. In fact, the price doesn't bother me because I know BTS is working on CM2 and the more money we pump into them means a bigger operating budget which means a better end product. Spend the money, order today, and you'll have a game that will stay on your hard drive EVEN AFTER the sequel (East Front action) is released!

Wow, thanks for all the replies. Unlike this board, another UBB I am on also shows you the poster's number of posts. You would have seen that this is my first post. I'm sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities.

I D/L'ed the demo a few days ago and loved it. I come to this site with the intention of ordering it, but like I said, it's sold out, and I'm impatient.

M Hofbauer: As to your faulty logical argument, where is the harm in purchasing a used copy of a game? Once you buy it it's your property, and you can do with it what you like.

Matt

Maybe you could find someone from here that lives near you and then you can go over to thier house and play it? wink.gif

Oh and I will sell my copy for a bargain price of $199.00.

Jeff

------------------

First of all, David, you stupid sot, if names were meant to be descriptive, everyone would have the, culturally appropriate, name of, "Ugly little purple person that cries and wets itself." -Meeks.

Mama Mia, I live in Canada and a friend and I

ordered a couple of copies a while ago....

Every day after work I get all excited to check

the mail.. But alas our copies have not arrived

ýet : ( . We're playing the demo for about the 8'th

time.. Somtimes living in Canada seems like the

rest of the world forgets about us : ) or should i say, I would have like to fed ex. the shipment and pay for the service if it would have been possible. But there is truth

in the old saying, "Good Things Are Worth Waiting For" !!!!!!!!! Cheers Everyone!!

rest of the world forgets about us : ) or should i say, I would have like to fed ex. the shipment and pay for the service if it would have been possible. But there is truth

in the old saying, "Good Things Are Worth Waiting For" !!!!!!!!! Cheers Everyone!!

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Something tells me the initial run for CM2 is going to need to be a bit higher wink.gif

CM2 just requires a few new bitmap files and will be available as a download from the Battlefront site. If MadMatt would get off his lazy ass and put in 20 minutes of serious work we could have CM2 tomorrow. biggrin.gif

Just so no one gets the wrong idea, that was a joke!!! See the smilie?

[This message has been edited by Pvt. Ryan (edited 02-06-2001).]

Originally posted by wrx:

Wow, thanks for all the replies. Unlike this board, another UBB I am on also shows you the poster's number of posts. You would have seen that this is my first post. I'm sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities.

Matt

Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum, don't worry about offending sensibilities, I'm not sure anyone here has any. Sensitivities, however, are a different matter altogether. wink.gif

If you can tempt someone onto selling you their CM at less than purchase price you are doing well.

Look at it this way, I used to buy a new game a month, since buying CM I have not bought any other games, and I don't see that changing for a while.

This represents a significant saving when viewed over 6 months, by spending 45 USD I save 30 GBP per month = 180 GBP = 265 USD.

This means I just saved myself 220 USD.

Enough to buy some Grog books, get drunk and still have enough for CM2.

Now you might begin to see why no-one is likely to part with their copy for less than, say, ...the odd bar of gold or two. biggrin.gif

Good Luck on your quest.

BTW You can see number of posts in the user profile.

HTH

DG

------------------

CM Outpost

I'll sell you my copy at purchase price, plus shipping/handling and say, five bucks. Of course, I'll buy another copy as soon as they're back in stock, so BTS wouldn't really be losing any business.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska