Concrete bunker mod

The concrete and door textures are great but my preference would be to ditch the sandbags and go for a pseudo-3D sunken embrasure look for the firing port (there should be only one in a small bunker). Bunkers I've seen in Europe generally had small openings with the exception of the specialized coast observation bunkers, some of which had a wall-to-wall opening in front so the rangefinder on a pedestal within could function.

Damn I like them both but you asked which we liked best so I'll go with the first one with sand bags. It's different and I bet they used sand bags. But now to make your life a little tougher how about grass around the sides in the first picture. But even if not grass I'd pick #1. Did I mention - nice job and thank you? Well, thank you then.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. smile.gif I made a few changes that you guys mentioned. Which one do you like better?

new%20bunker.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well actually I prefer the sandbags in the first one

but the higher grass in this mod is a nice touch

Really I think you had a nice look with the sand bags in the firing slit the first time around.

but thats just my opinion.

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

Sandbag the latter and you're ready for release. Keep the great work coming. Just grabbed your winter buildings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just added sandbags. Now its time to visit Mr. Sandman. They should be finished tomorrow. Thanks for the compliments.

Originally posted by Fairbairn-Sykes Trench Knife:

[QB]i think the sloped embrasure with sandbags inside will look great. just to be a bit more demanding... a subdued foliage covered version?

Unfortunately the side texture is stretched out and used for the top texture. It didn't look right when I tried a covered version, but maybe I'll keep trying.

Tanks a Lot,

Nice work!

You're probably limited by the BTS 3-D model, but your fortification should have a roof ventilator. Of greater importance, though, is not going with a beveled embrasure, however cool it might look.

The reason for this is that you create a shot funnel for inbound projectiles and projectile fragments. What you need to do is insert a small stairstep effect where you have the bevel. This allows the same traverse and elevation for the weapons within, but provides a mechanism which will deflect or stop most of what otherwise would be hurled into the interior of your fortification. If I had a picture to post for you illustrating what I mean, I'd do so, but there are many to be seen

on the net under World War II fortifications and a request on this board for same would probably yield either photos or links in plenty.

Other fun possibilities include camouflage paint, adding tree branches, moss, rocks and such, or even antigrenade screens. If you can paint in sandbags, the screens ought to be doable as well.

Regards,

John Kettler