CM Mod Quiz, Have you seen this one.....

kump

I've been over my head in work, but I'm taking a break and surfing for mods. Some nice ones still coming out. But after downloading one, I reviewed and thought, hmmm... what if... and... what about...

Okay, I don't know if its right, but I don't think its wrong to take liberties with other's mods, as long as credit is given and I'm just using it for my own pleasure. But what a great quiz!

(x)

Name that mod!!! You think it is too easy? Well, the commander is DD's uniform mod.

But who did the StuH-42?

Are you sure?

(Sorry - ruffled feathers, quiz over)

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 02-21-2001).]

I'll look into it. Made one more change.

OH forget the domain name. Who knows. Just put in the IP address instead. How about now. If that don't work, I haven't been paying my bills!!

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 02-18-2001).]

http://combathq.thegamers.net/mdmp/mdmp2.asp

the crossed grille pattern to the left and right of where the gun sticks out of the hull looks similar?

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 02-18-2001).]

hmmmmmmm, i looked at the combat missions modlist of stugs and just picked the one with the cross hatching...did ya blend or mix and match?

------------------

russellmz,

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

DD,

Yes, I browned your great bocage and your grass. I liked your grass browned more than the velvet grass. A little green still remains, which I like, so its not total brown.

The tree bases are yours too, but done by another gent who is releasing the velvet brown grass. Lost his e-mail, but I'm sure folks can find it. It saved me the trouble of doing the bases myself.

I setup a batch file that does the Marco Bergman type of thing, changes from DD green to DD brown. Works great, but sure are a lot of bmp's to change.

If folks are interested, I'll put some wider scenery shots up and make the bmp's available somewhere if folks want. It was just something for my own I was doing at the time...

YES!!!

Tiger has been getting REAL good with road wheels. His Pershing, Cromwell, M24, Puma, have all been gracing my hard drive. He just released a Stug mod, and I wasn't surprised, his road wheels were excellent again.

However, the KwazyDog mod of the Stug is my favorite Hi-Rez model. Its got some nice sharp details on the top bmp and I just like its look. But I hated the mud covered road wheels. It looked a little rushed, and if you look close, the angle is wrong.

So I took Tiger's side bmp of the Stug, changed its color and lightness to match KwazyDog's color, and did some careful clipping and pasting. In the game, it looked much nicer for my own taste.

Now, this is a mod merge. Its great that CM allows one to do such things. But who's mod is it? Well, its both KwazyDog's and Tiger's!

I don't know if mod author's would even approve of such things, but for my own hard drive, its all bets off. But I definitly like to thank Tiger for the new mod he released and even if I didn't fully use it, I did partly use it. smile.gif

Not doing this for far too long. That first picture was in bmp format! ARRG! Sorry folks. I've replaced it with a jpg a fraction of the original size. Sorry for long load times.

Okay, here is a closer look at a before and after kump messed with these poor guys mods...

KwazyDog Original...

(x)

(Image modified)

(x)

And your opinion?

--------

Addition: Okay, I now know opinions of those who count. Don't want to persuade any mod author to stop moding for any reason. That hurts too many folks. So I've "removed" the evidence and will cease.

How you like those Kump wheels?

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 02-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 02-21-2001).]

newstug3tn.jpg

my fave's still the mean looking black one by tiger.

but yours does look nice. the wheels are indeed better.

------------------

russellmz,

I don't think Tiger or Kwazydog will mind that you combined the best of the two mods. Nice work.

Actually I would mind. Please do not distribute this for download on sites. I don't care what you do on your own computer, but after putting alot of work into something and seeing it stuck on another mod the day it was released, makes me wonder if I should continue to mod. There are things I like about other people's mods and things I don't like. But instead of cutting and pasting stuff from their mods I try and make my own.

Cheers,

Tiger