Panther VG mod - - mud dauber

I agree with Panther. Maybe make the mud a little less red as well?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Runyan99:

Wasn't that battered Panther the G, not the A?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's actually one of each. The battered A is an older mod.

The battered A is a nice mod, but it almost looks too battered, as if it's about to fall apart. I like the battered G much more.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackhorse:

The detail is incredible.

To me though, the color seems off. It looks almost purple. Compare the tank to the brown tank trail beside it. That tank trail is brown, the tank is purple. Brown that tank up and you've got damn near the perfect Panther mod.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with the "purple" assessment. I would call it a "clay" tone.

How interetsing, this is the G-LATE model. How can I tell, do you ask? The late-style road wheels.

In fact, what Tiger called the G-late had early style road wheels.

If you've got the Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two check out page 125 and Plate 402 and then read the caption for it on page 124.

Nevermind.

I double checked the BTS originals from the CD. And BTS got them backwards. Carry on Tiger. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-21-2001).]

Not sure Maximus but I believe it is correct. The steel rimmed roadwheels were added to a few panthers in september '44.

Other modifications went into the late model version such as getting rid of the shot trap on the turrent front, new exhaust mufflers, a heater, ammo bins, et. al. Were these roadwheels only on late models? Difficult to determine. These wheels match the ones on the standard bmp, if you look real close. The way to determine is to look at the idler wheel (rearmost), and the standard bmp matches the steel-rimmed one. The standard "

late" bmp has rubber-tyred roadwheels. Did BTS get it wrong too? Maybe someone knows?

Yeah I wonder if I should bother "fixing" them?

Tiger

ps~ how did I know ahead of time that you were going to have something negative to say Maximus wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 01-21-2001).]

Keen eye for detail and a photographic memory from looking at my two Peter Chamberlain Tank books I guess. wink.gif

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"--Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

"Buttkicking for goodness!"--Minsc, BGII

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot.