Color of War on U.S. Hist. Chan. now! Repeats 9 pm. PST

Attention, buffs, grogs, mod sluts et al.!

History Channel is now airing the Colors of War which not only is awash in color footage of all sorts, but is a fabulous tutorial on the process of the making and breaking of soldiers. The imagery is nothing short of amazing, including the rare M-6 tank destroyer (37 mm portee), firing of a U.S. MRL built in response to the Nebelwerfer (not a Land Mattress or that drop fed thing), plus wonderful building and combat shots. Watch mine clearing done for real. Learn about why sometimes it's better not to hit the deck while under fire, and so much more.

There are all kinds of voiceover comments by the soldiers, discussions of relative weapon lethality vs. the soldiers' perceptions thererof. This show's a CM player's dream come true.

Regards,

John Kettler

"wonderful" buidling and combat shots you say? thats an insult to the people who had to be a part of them. ask their families how "wonderful" it all was. i assume you watch race cars go around the track to crash and burn too? i've seen that show your talking about, i can see suggesting it to people to watch, but calling it wondeful is a pretty gross adjective for that

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

"wonderful" buidling and combat shots you say? thats an insult to the people who had to be a part of them. ask their families how "wonderful" it all was. i assume you watch race cars go around the track to crash and burn too? i've seen that show your talking about, i can see suggesting it to people to watch, but calling it wondeful is a pretty gross adjective for that<hr></blockquote>

Bad, BAD John Kettler! How could you have POSSIBLY not considered those who were killed?! You heartless, none-PC bastard.

:rolleyes:

Lighten up, pal. I think everyone except you knows what John meant when he said wonderful. IE: Wonderful to the history buffs who have always looked for color combat footage from that war with great enthusiasm.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

The FOOTAGE is wonderful, not the affects it had on the civilians, you dolt.<hr></blockquote>

i don't think the effects it had on soldiers, who happen to be people too, who have family and friends just like you is what i was refering to.....oh i almost forgot, dolt

Ogadai,

While I regret you weren't able to watch it wherever you live, I did at least have enough awareness to realize that more than one country has a History Channel and strove to avoid confusion.

Assuming there's not a format problem (NTSC here/ PAL many other places), you will, I'm sure, be able to order the videotapes from www.historychannel.com. The set may be available already for all I know. If not, just wait. It will be. A further potential consideration may be what country you live in and its rules about what may be

imported.

It's sad but true that military historical information and programming is not universally available to anyone in that person's native language, too. I don't have ready access to untold thousands of Russian works and some apparently amazing movies, the Finns clearly have heavy documentation of the Winter War and World War II, plus their own films, and these are but two of a long list indeed.

I sought only to inform those who had the requisite access that something of potentially great interest was on. Anything beyond that is on the heads of my

accusers, who clearly know me not.

Regards,

John Kettler

John, thanks for the heads up. It was an excellent show, and I would have missed it had I not seen your post here.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ogadai:

I think I'll just start posting Australian TV schedules. I'm sure all the non-Australians will be fascinated with them.<hr></blockquote>

As long as it is about WW2 related programs, please feel free. You may not be aware, having not been around here for long, that people have been discussing these History Channel programs on this forum periodically for a long time. They are usually American shows, but not always. This is the first time I can recall anyone being offended by one of these posts. Well, the second time, I suppose, after Iron Chef :rolleyes:

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Vanir Ausf B ]</p>