Barbedwire... whats up with this??

Well now I am cheezed... I made a battle where the germans had 350 Barbed wire lines against one Engineer Unit. I ran the battle 30.5 times (I did half a test cuz my wife needed to use the computer) and the same result happened every time!

The Germans lost!!! What's up with this, I was astounded to watch this one Engineer unit systematically cut up every wire line to little bits.. without a scratch!

Now I know BTS has put hard earned work into the "realism" factor but give me a break!!!!!!! I have torn down a old wired fence and then fenced a farm with Barbed wire, and I can tell you I end up dead tired! With two fingers lost and a eye gouged out, not to mention I lost two cousins and our farm dog was so routed that it took four weeks to drag him down from the silo!!!

BTS I want to know who did your coding and then send them to Wire a farm! I say that the German forces would have maybe lost 20% of the wire or even less if they ran out of those yummy peanut and jelly sandwiches that aunt Truddie made!

BTS do somefink!!!

----------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

What were the parameters of your set-up? Everyone knows that pre-1945 barbed wire couldn't scratch the broadside of a barn. go back and re-run the test, silly boy.

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

Did you pre-target the barbed wire, so that it would know the engineers were coming even when they were out of LOS? You also have to make sure that the wire coils aren't blocking each other's LOS. Spread them out in long lines separated by maybe 100-150 yards, so that they have a chance to see the enemy approaching. It's also best to have them in a hull-down position, and make sure they don't button up or their spotting ability will be reduced. Finally, it helps if you drop smoke in front of the enemy so that they won't see the wire coming.

David

while we're on the subject, could someone please explain to me or point me to the thread (I looked under "Hull down wire" and didn't come up with anything) on how you get your wire hull down. Everytime I think my wire is hull down to the enemy engineers, they are still able to get up and take it out before my wire gets even a first scratch in. Or I've tried "hiding" the wire, but I think it gets jittery when it sees the hedgeclippers and gives it's position away. The result: Wire gone and engineers giddily clipping away. I don't hear even as much as an "Ow! My finger!"

Maybe the German wire's modelled incorrectly. I've never had this problem with Allied wire. Can't we have a "move wire to hull down" command pleeez?

(Or at least the "Ow! My finger!" wav file for when the engineers remove it.)

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

Come on, how hard is it for 12 engineers to walk through and systematically cut wire up. I've strung a little bit of barbed wire and I didn't cut my self too bad, so taking it down cant be much worse. Some clippers and explosives and you are through.