TRPs can just suck sometimes.

I know what you are thinking, "Jeff? Are you crazy? TRPs rock!" Well, let me tell you something...

TRPs suck in that once you are firing on a TRP with a spotter and then you try and adjust away from the TRP, BUT well with adjusting firing range, so that the time to fire should be small, your time RESETS back to the full time.

This is a real pain in the ass, and doesn't make sense.

Okay, done bitchin'.

Jeff

yeah thats true trp's should make it faster to call in artillery but in my experiences arty is not very well represented.it should be that it has a graduated time circle with like 15 seconds in the middle and a couple hundred meters out 3 minutes but if your just adjusting then it shouldnt be any different then normal.

also the accuracy in the game is horrible. my dad was a forward observer and he said to pass you had to be able to hit a car within like 3 minutes or something like that with a 105. in this game the fo's cant even hit a huge building with any amount of accuracy.

while im moaning about artillery there should be more commands too. artillery should have like a walking command, full battery in a line then reload and target 20 meters farther then reload etc.

sorry if i got off subject

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banshee:

you used to be able to do adjust off a TRP, BTS said it was a bug, thus you have the (dis) functionality that we have today<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but that was when people would just initially target a TRP and then target further and further out, all this happenning during just an orders phase.

So when they fixed this, it caused the problem I am having. Oh well.. That is life.

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shandorf:

Yeah, but that was when people would just initially target a TRP and then target further and further out, all this happenning during just an orders phase.

So when they fixed this, it caused the problem I am having. Oh well.. That is life.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the code is still wrong there. They

'fixed' one bug, and introduced another.

--Rett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

Yes, the code is still wrong there. They

'fixed' one bug, and introduced another.

--Rett<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

Well maybe it's not a bug what we have now,

but I still don't like the way TRP's work.

I don't use them anymore.

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: Jarmo ]

If I'm going to use them, I buy several, so I can switch fire more quickly. I do agree that the "green line" ought to apply to areas just off a TRP as well though.

No' tha' Ah'm agrreein' wi' Shandorf mind ye....

OGSF