Africa Campaign! - Is That An Oasis I see?

Where? The link in your sig didn't work.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Hello,

Personally, I would love to see this mod too.

There are many books about the TO&E and uniforms about the Afria front, especially Orspey has a serious of books on Afrika Corps.

Captain Canuck, your notes would be very interesting!

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

David, I am always looking for more and more info. In fact at times I get myself smothered. Do you have pictures of soldiers faces? The faces of the Italians will replace the ones used for the Germans.

I found some great web sites for the CAM and DAK. This has yielded some great info.

What I am in need of right now are somebody that does good uniform BMPs. I need someone that can create good uniforms for the Poles in 1939, Norwegians in 1940, Vichy French in Morocco, etc. IF anyone has talent in this please contact me at seacat@flash.net. Personally I have no talent in this area.

I also need translators for wav files. Anyone that speaks Japanese or Russian please email me.

MikeT

Which link?

Oh if you need any information on ANY aspect of the Italian Army down to their shoelaces, you can go to: www.anglefire.com/ok3/italy

It's an amazing site, it's called Commando Supremo, and you'll be able to find many pictures of Italians. In response to you question, the only picture that I have of an Italian soldier, is of my father. Sorry MikeT. But before he passed away(my father) I was able to do a lot of sketches of his uniforms in the desert, his parade uniform, his Italian uniform, his headgear, surprisingly, all with a lot of detail. And we did talk a little bit about tactics that were used in the desert. Oh, and an interesting note, my Father used an Italian Flamethrower, and described it in pretty good detail. Also, well that's all I have for now.

Many Thanks,

David

Capt Canuck, I have been to the Italian website and one that looks just like it dedicated to th DAK. Both site owners have given me permission to use anything I wish from their sites. One turned out to be a CM gamer and the other is NOW. He got the demo on my recommendation and told me he went ahead and order the game after the demo.

I would be interested in your opinion on what we have come up with. In time I will send you some readme files I have. I want a critical opinion.

MikeT

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt Canuck:

I have a lot of info on [the]...TACTICS of Italian squads.

Thanks,

David<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi David. I'm sure they would have appreciated your help, but the WITHDRAW command is already modeled. smile.gif

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up. I didn't REALLY mean it. wink.gif

Thanks,

Jim

Manx,

I think the link they are referring to would be: http://www.combatmissions.co.uk/cmnews/desert.htm

I think however, that Manx's intention is for you to use the main page link in his signature, namely: http://www.combatmissions.co.uk

and from there, you can explore the site. It's got great content and is quite aesthetically pleasing, if I do say so myself.

Clubfoot.

[This message has been edited by Clubfoot (edited 01-09-2001).]

AARGH BASEBAL,....just kidding, can't stay mad. But please go to that web-site that I mentioned above Basebal and you'll see and read about many acts of bravery.

There is a saying....

The world respected the German Soldier,

The Germans respected the Italian Soldier

I forget who said that, but if you did a search, I'm sure you'd find it. Anyway,...

But it was said in regards to the fighting in Russia and in the Desert. Oh, and in response to your question about cactus, MikeT, well, my father was stationed in Dernha, Benghazi and Tobruk, and mainly when closer to the coast, he did see plants, which I interpreted as cactus, but they do not look like the stereotypical cactus from the cowboy movies, they were very low, usually no more then one foot or two and grew in patches. Though, he still didn't see all too many of these cactus patches near the coast, and when he went into the desert proper, they were non existent. Oh, a quick note, when you do the bmp files for the faces, be sure to give them very red, almost burnt faces. I tell you this for my father had irreversible damage done to his skin during his time in the desert, his skin, even 59-63 years after the war, was still rough and red. I think that would add a lot to the realism of the game. IMO that is.

Many Thanks, and hope to hear from you again.

David