was this ever used by the germans in WWII?

Originally posted by mensch:

right found a site with pics and neeto stuff (yes very un grog like but I am a pooler not a grog) any how this mine clearing tank? vehicle? was it ever used.. anyone have an idea?

I believe that's a picture of the Rheinmetall-Borsig prototype Transformer that the Waffenamt sent to Tokyo on the last sub out of Kiel in April '45.

Or not...

Engineer #1: Achtung! Hitler vants a mine-clearing tank!

Engineer #2: But ve have no plans for that, it vill take years to develop!

Engineer #3: Vell...I have this picture my 3-year old son drew...

Engineer #1: Beauty. Run vith it.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

I think it is in one of my research books at home. Will check on it tonight. If memory serves it was experimental only, never saw the light of combat.

If you like this, imagine the RamTiger that Hitler wanted for use in Stalingrad. Literally a Tiger1 (Porche version??) with a solid steel curved upper structure and a beaked ramming bow in front. It would just smash its way through buildings crushing and burying anyone it is way.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

If you like this, imagine the RamTiger that Hitler wanted for use in Stalingrad. Literally a Tiger1 (Porche version??) with a solid steel curved upper structure and a beaked ramming bow in front. It would just smash its way through buildings crushing and burying anyone it is way.

MikeT

...and then someone told Hitler about basements.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Engineer #3: Vell...I have this picture my 3-year old son drew...

Engineer #1: Beauty. Run vith it.

ROFLMAO

------------------

"Poor, poor, pitiful me... these young

girls won't let me be... woe is me!" Warren Zevon

Guest Warphead-

This is the Alkett Minenräumer. I visited it in Kubinka last November. I did not put the pics on www.nahverteidigungswaffe.de cause it is a prototype. I do not have any real info except what the guide at Kubinka told me. Apperently it was a rough ride inside and the crew were nearly hospitalized every time they hit a mine. The thing was breaking down all the while and very unreliable. It uses a Pz I turret. Anybody got more hard facts? smile.gif

------------------

http://www.nahverteidigungswaffe.de

"Haben die Krupp-Werke Betriebsausflug? Da rollt ja halb Deutschland auf mich zu..." (Vincent)]

[This message has been edited by Warphead- (edited 01-30-2001).]

Warphead, you serious? eek.gif

Did this thing actually have locomotion of its own? With people in it? And the purpose was to clear mines, right?

What would this accomplish that the tried-and-true heavy roll in front of an ordinary tank couldn't accomplish?

Sten

Guest Michael emrys

What I'm wondering is how does it manage to stay upright on just one set of wheels? Seems to me that if you started it up and put it in gear, the torque would just simply rotate the cab backwards until it struck the ground.

Under the Nazis, Germany really got into some weird ****.

Michael