Nordic Wannabee Tournament

Cpl Carrot:

I am very pleased to say that I have recieved our file! I am now going to go plan my schemes to destroy you. Don't worry though, I'll be merciful and finish you off qui - wot? What's this then? You said you would start on the 15th of Nov? Damn! Oh well, hope you can skip a few days, eh? Anyway, Im excited. Bla bla bla, going to plan now,

Cheers!

PS: Good work by the scenario designers and a big thanks to Treeburst, Nabla and his mathematician buddy!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Section 2, White4 updates-

scn3 -vs Thumpre- setup and emailed to my victim.

scn2 - vs Ricochet -setup and emailed to my other victim.

scn1 -vs a1steaks - have received first turn from my other other victim.

Per JackTrap, I will wait to engage him (scn4, he's axis) when he signals ready.

Am anticipating scn5, in which massattack is allies, at the convience of treeburst, who is surely getting no sleep!

Have to say I really like the flavor of the scenarios I've recieved so far!

I have just sent out my 3 files to start up the games. I am waiting to receive my last two from my opponets.

One thing I must say is the fact that these scernarios are/could be unbalanced played havok with my setup.

Usually you know roughly what to expect of the enemy force composition just based on the price of your forces and the game (ME, attack, ect). With these scenarios having the ablitiy to be unbalanced I actually read through the briefing for the slightest bit of info on the enemy forces.

I am just setting up, and already I hear the voice in my head saying "oh f^%&, where did those guys come from". Thanks treeburst and all the scenario designers ,jarmo and will bill, out there that worked on these battles.

Ok...I've got all my games going with my opponents in Section 4. A note : As much as I'd prefer not to, I gotta go to work each weekday smile.gif so I process my turns in the evenings when I get home. Roughly 5pm to 9pm PST (-8 GMT). I normally am able to process multiple turns on the weekends...if one of the grandkids doesn't take my computer away from me, or "force" me to take them to the park for a couple of hours smile.gif

Excuse my ignorance here but is there any way to link the .txt briefings with the respective scenario's so that when you hit the SHIFT B keystokes for the relevant scenario, the appropriate briefing information comes up?

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious but all my .txt briefings & the .cmb files (where I'm the Germans) have been saved in the Saved Game folder of CMBO.

Regards

Jim R.

Hi all,

this is just intense. I´ve read the descriptions so often, I´ve dreamed of them.

The games with ciks and Strider are at turn five and four, the first turn for Mr_Johnson will be out when I get home from work.

Still nothing from Shadow and Sgt. Kelly .

And the scenarios are quite different. I luv it.

Scheer out.

Kanonier Reichmann,

There is no way to see the briefings in-game because they are not part of the original secured scenario file the game was started with. This was done for security reasons. You'll just have to print the briefings or escape out of the game to view them.

ciks,

The deadline is Valentine's Day, February 14th.

Mr. Johnson,

Thanks for the compliment. No, I'm not an efficiency expert. I just have lots of time and stay extremely organized. I will be pleasantly surprised if I didn't send out at least one wrong file to the wrong person.

Treeburst155 out.

No spoilers to the thread!!

Treeburst wrote:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I will be pleasantly surprised if I didn't send out at least one wrong file to the wrong person. <hr></blockquote>

I wouldn't worry about that Treeburst. It's when you send out the right file to the wrong person that you need to start worrying. Or maybe it's the wrong file to the right person...or maybe...ok I'll shutup now.

Let the killing commence!