Maps of the Mace?

Does anyone have maps and or arial photos of the area known as the Mace, also known as Mt. Ormel, at the eastern end of the Falaise pocket. I am looking to do a scenario on it, but am having difficulty locating maps etc. Also, if anyone has a good OOB for the battle (especially the German side, if such a thing exists), it would be greatly appreciated.

WWB

A Michelin 1947 http://www.peakpeak.com/~darylpoe/tanks/scenarios/mace/map.html

Photos from the scenario http://www.peakpeak.com/~darylpoe/tanks/scenarios/mace/photos.html

This site is an armor miniuatures one.

They have the OOBs as well.

His section on Artillery is interesting:

http://www.peakpeak.com/~darylpoe/tanks/artillery/artillery.html

[ 06-26-2001: Message edited by: Wilhammer ]

Wyatt,

Check out Michael Reynold's "Steel inferno" and John Keegan's "the 6 armies of Normandy". Both have decent maps, and I believe Reynold's book gives a good OOB for the Polish side. E-mail me if you don't have either and I can have the info to you later on tonight, along with the PBEM turn ;)

BTW, let me know when you need a play-tester.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Let's not forget "Panzer Commander" by Col. Hans Von Lucke -- and amazing book altogether, and a very good depiction of that particular break-out by one of the men who orchestrated it. Sadly, no maps though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had PC in paperback several years back, and I'm nearly postive that the paperback edition had a few maps in it. In particular, I remember some for his battles in Normandy in July of '44.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Wyatt,

Check out Michael Reynold's "Steel inferno" and John Keegan's "the 6 armies of Normandy". Both have decent maps, and I believe Reynold's book gives a good OOB for the Polish side. E-mail me if you don't have either and I can have the info to you later on tonight, along with the PBEM turn ;)

BTW, let me know when you need a play-tester.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually was partially inspired to do this by Keegan's excellent piece. In fact, his title is quite fitting: A Polish Battlefield. Do not have steel inferno, though I will drop by the 2nd hand book store on the way home and see what pops up.

Methinks the turn was sent, but our respective ISPs do not like to play nice. I will resend.

Moon: I checked that out, but I am in the states and the opportuinity costs are a bit too much for me at this point in time.

WWB

[ 06-26-2001: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]

Guest Babra

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

So I assume it's going to be a probe scenario.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so long as it doesn't lead to an engagement!

?|T???iginally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

I had PC in paperback several years back, and I'm nearly postive that the paperback edition had a few maps in it. In particular, I remember some for his battles in Normandy in July of '44.

Hey WWB!

I recently did one on the Mace and the Polish fighting there, called "Rock in a Flood."

This is a real meless with all sorts of German armor and intantry headed east.

The Poles have just arrived and will have their hands full trying to stop the onrushing Germans.

I have not posted it as yet. It is complete and should be going up any day now.

I took my version of the Mace from the book and map in the John Keenan's book, "Six Armies in Normandy." That may help you.

For those who are interested, I should have this one up somewhere by tomorrow.

Anybody want it now, drop me a note. I'll be happy to e-mail it to you.

Good luck to you on your map, WWB!

Wild Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

?|T???iginally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

[qb]

I had PC in paperback several years back, and I'm nearly postive that the paperback edition had a few maps in it. In particular, I remember some for his battles in Normandy in July of '44.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My paperback edition (WW II Military Library) does not seem to have any maps.[/QB]