CM Soundtrack

No, I am NOT asking for BTS to waste any more of our valuable disk space by packaging an extensively long soundtrack with Combat Mission. However, I am asking all the players out there what song do you feel fits best with CM? Is there a song that gets you in the correct mindset for war or one that just sounds good in the background? I'll start things off by saying for me, it's the Closing Credits music for the movie "Glory".

Pred

------------------

"Without struggle, there is no progress."

-Frederick Douglas

While it might not fit CM.

I always felt the Armies anthem should have been the big top (circus) music.

You know the one where the clowns pour out of the car, bump all into each other, run around like chickens with there heads cut off and not seem to accomplish anything but get a good laugh.

Ahhhh...

Memories of military service.

------------------

Stay Alert!! Stay Alive!!

"Mars, the Bringer of War," from the Planets by Gustav Holst, or the opening of the fourth movement of Anton Bruckner's eighth symphony. The Crimson Tide main theme, by Hans Zimmer, is appropriate too.

------------------

When men are inhuman, take care not to feel towards them as they do towards other humans.

--Marcus Aurelius

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - "Night Fight"

starts off slow, then builds up to a steady drum and stick beat and gets faster

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Guest aka PanzerLeader

I liked East Front/West Front's soundtrack, so I took all the music from the CD into my computer, and I use them when I play CM. Mainly German military songs and marches, as well as some Russian stuff.

Well, when you are playing the Germans, it would play 'Panzerlied' from Battle of the Bulge, then continue to other German Military Songs of the time, then on while playing as the Allies, it could start off with Paul Anka's 'Longest Day' (march from the film of the same name!), then play music from A Bridge Too Far, like the Overture, it's beautiful! I've always wondered what it would be like if I played the theme from Kelly's Hero's while rushing my armour through an arty barrage! Oh another dream! Or what about some good old Glenn Miller Big Band, like 'American Patrol' or 'In the Mood'. Or what about some Vivaldi/Mozart and so on. Wouldn't just be wonderful to listen to that while you ambush a column of enemy armour, oh I can hear it now!!!

David

I could be mistaken, but I think CM as an application is going to take priority over your sound card input unless it is minimized. The card can only take one input at a time. An application that didn't have any sound input might work, like Word or WordPerfect or something, but a game application is going to address the card directly.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-24-2001).]

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

I could be mistaken, but I think CM as an application is going to take priority over your sound card input unless it is minimized. The card can only take one input at a time. An application that didn't have any sound input might work, like Word or WordPerfect or something, but a game application is going to address the card directly.

Hmm, not sure. On my system, the music plays at the same time as the sounds from CM. Perhaps it's a matter of the capabilities of the card being the determining factor in playback of both sound inputs.

Is that from CM or from another application? I mean, the music from CM directly, while the CM sounds are running, or music from another application input, like streaming off the net or a second CD or something? That might make a difference. It might also be related to full duplex settings on the card, whether or not they are enabled, and ofcourse the card in question, 16 channel, 8 channel (who still has 8 channels?).

Interesting though, I never tried running sound (music), while playing CM. Now, we're bound to get told to take this to the techy forum about soon... smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-24-2001).]

a3 - "woke up this morning"

(or alabama 3, i'm not sure)

the sopranos theme song

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Originally posted by Bozza:

How about Rammstein, I mean it's german - ok a little too hard for yuz smile.gif

I'll shut up now.

Hey, "Du Hast" might actually work. Allthough, if you've heard the translation of it, it might not be exactly the kind of War thing you're looking for. Speaking of which, Edwin Starr's "WAR" is always a classic.

------------------

"Without struggle, there is no progress."

-Frederick Douglas

Guest Napoleon1944

NFL films soundtracts make great battle music. I am ordering it now!

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Originally posted by Predator:

I'll start things off by saying for me, it's the Closing Credits music for the movie "Glory".

Delibes "Viens Mallikas Sous Le Dome Edias." That or the theme from "The Three Stooges." =D

Kitty

Ps - "Glory" was a good score. =) He (Horner) has done a few good ones, "Braveheart" is my other favorite. Was kind of disappointed to see a commercial for that new Tom Hanks movie where he's the hippie stranded on Gilligan's Isle or whatever, and hear them using the score from "Braveheart" in it.

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Does anyone know if you actually can play music from a cd whilst CMBO is running,and hear both of them?I remember a flight sim called EF2000 from D.I.D,which allowed you tto select your own cd music whilst playing the game.I used to love flying low over the Norwegian mountains in that sim,en-route to cluster bomb the enemy in some lonely valley,with some beautiful choral music,like Palestrina or Lassus,playing as my soundtrack.Id love to be able to do the same with CMBO but im not at home just now so I cant try it!

Bozza, how about 80's Einstürzende Neubauten? smile.gif

Oh, and here are a few more:

Black Sabbath's "War Pigs," "Eliminator" by Agnostic Front, and "Show You no Mercy" by the Cro-Mags. "Refuse/Resist" by Sepultura would be good too.

------------------

When men are inhuman, take care not to feel towards them as they do towards other humans.

--Marcus Aurelius