DD's Terrain with the Browned Winter Look --->

kump

DD noted that a previous shot I was showing was using his terrain mod which had been recolored for "winter with no snow".

I saw screen shots on this forum showing off Velvet Brown terrain. I made comment on the post that I thought it a great idea, so much so that I started modifying the terrain I use, which is DD's mod set.

While I was doing this, David Molinarolo sent me the DD tree bases and brush that he was using for the Velvet Brown set (thanks David). That saved me some work! I liked it and used it. I recolored the DD grass and bocage/hedge. I then modified the wheat field and threw together a batch file to switch between DD green (normal) to a DD brown terrain set. This was all done for my own game and never intended for release.

Now that DD has seen it, he asked if I could give more screen shots of it and make it available somewhere if there was interest. Here are the screen shots....

DD_brown1.jpg

DD_brown2.jpg

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 02-18-2001).]

Hi Kump

You know where to send it when it's ready.

It may even qualify for a comparison, no preferential treatment mind. wink.gif

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

It also occurs to me that the tracks on your Sherman are upside down... wink.gif

Which bit was that, the bit on the sprocket or the bit on the top rollers? wink.gif

DG

------------------

CM Outpost

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Shouldn't the leaves be removed from the hedgerow, and just the branches left behind? Has anyone done a mod like that?

Well, part of the problem I have with hedgerows in CM (and it's not a big deal anyway), is that a real hedgerow doesn't look anything at all like an overgrown (American) suburban hedge as in the game depiction.

Hedgerows are actually mounds of earth and rock coverd in a thick tangle of all manner of vegetation, including shrubs, trees, vines, etc. It's the earthen mound and density of the "wild" vegetation that makes it such great terrain on the defense. Especially when you've got to approach it across the relative open area of the enclosed or bordering fields.

Gordon

Gordon, If hedgerows in France look the way you describe... couldn't (someone who knows how they look) make a mod of them looking that way? The texture should be the only thing "wrong" with them right? (Too "AMericanized")

I would love to see a mod like this!

------------------

"Fear is for the enemy... Fear and Bullets."

"They didn't want to come... but I told em, by jeepers, it was an order."

guys... its a square model there is only so much u can do with a square ,i dont care how talented you are in the mod dept. can't change models in cm just bitmaps.

------------------

MAKE IT SHORT AND SWEET THEN GET THE F#$K OUT

[This message has been edited by BIG DD (edited 02-19-2001).]

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Gordon, If hedgerows in France look the way you describe... couldn't (someone who knows how they look) make a mod of them looking that way? The texture should be the only thing "wrong" with them right? (Too "AMericanized")

I would love to see a mod like this!

What Big DD said. smile.gif

I'd think it would be very hard to make something convincing out of the boxy model the game uses. Particularly in light of the fact that the actual BMP is pretty small and concatenated repeatedly to form a section of hedge/bocage.

Gordon