CM2 demo

That "Hide under Tank" order certainly helps keeping your infantry alive during artillery barrages!

And I really did not expect reflecting water in the beta demo! This Charles guy must really have too much time!

And with the new AI it is really time to stop playing humans again! The last time as was beaten up like this by a computer was in Chess!

Looking forward to the Gold Demo!

P.S.: All those individual soldiers can really be confusing sometimes!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>P.S.: All those individual soldiers can really be confusing sometimes! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but what bugs me is how realistic the eye movement and blinking is. I always get the creepy feeling they're watching me when I'm plotting a human wave attack for the Russians.

Can you believe the art work of the docks behind Stalingrad in the beta scenario "Remember Stalingrad". The new trench works are amazing in the scenario editor and I hope Charles finishes the sewerworks for the editor in time too. Did you see the Arty Splash near the barges in the Volga, fountains of water! BTS i only hope CM2 can improve on the Beta like CM1 Beta was improved on!

I am also impressed with the new voice cues, but the next time my batallion commander is going to make a snide remark about my orders, I swear I will send him right into the next minefield!!! Thank God you can escape the litany by staying on view level 4, although the star-shells can be really irritating at this view setting!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jgdpzr:

Man, you guys still playing the demo? Just wait 'til you get the whole game!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that's not nice. Some people will think CM2 has gone gold when the demo just came out yesterday.

Guest ckoharik

While I must say the demo is entertaining the game has a *long* way to go before hitting gold status.

I mean, come on, those dust "puffs" from the machine gun area fire are just plain lame. Reminds me of those graphically subpar "fast and compatible" smoke clouds in CMBO. And don't even get me started on that T&L effects on the tanks. Puh-lease!

:rolleyes:

I especially enjoyed the time I spotted a German company in an open field (hiding amongst the individualy rendered blades of grass and stones), so I naturally sent it my horse cavalry to sabre them to death. Man, I love the multiple death animations. My favorite is the one when the cossack pulls the sabre, lops of the German's head, and big blood-covered letters reading "FATALITY" pop up on the screen!

[ 04-19-2001: Message edited by: The Commissar ]

Maybe this should go in the tech forum, but any of you guys had problems running the demo at 10240 X 7800 on a Geforce 7?

I'm having problems seeing the individual pubic hairs on the female partisans. I get their facial hair just fine, but cannot rotate the camera to look up the skirt correctly.

Aloid