will CM2 model infantry better?

I'm sure it will be more detailed but you won't see all twelve guys on the battlefield .

QUOTE]Originally posted by securityguard:

will it be more detailed? will we be able to see every little guy out there fighting their hearts out?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kestrl:

[QB]I'm sure it will be more detailed but you won't see all twelve guys on the battlefield .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rats. well my only other real big concern is the lack of terrain types. so lets hope they add a lot more of those.

Here are some threads which should interest you:

#'s of soldiers in future CM titles - will modern tech help?

men flying from explosions

An interesting idea for squad representation!

A Case For Full Squad Representation

As for terrain, I think we can expect moderate improvements in CM2, particularly in terms of buildings, as city fighting was very prominent on the Eastern Front. I have just heard from Steve that there will be major terrain improvements, as we might expect, in CMII (the engine rewrite scheduled for after CM2).

I have a short list of threads pertaining to some of the main topics which have arisen over the past year or so. I gathered the actual URLs using the search engine, but only because I had read or participated in the originals and knew what to search for. I did all this before the latest forum upgrade, but unfortunately I'm not sure it would be possible now. :(

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

I have a short list of threads pertaining to some of the main topics which have arisen over the past year or so. I gathered the actual URLs using the search engine, but only because I had read or participated in the originals and knew what to search for. I did all this before the latest forum upgrade, but unfortunately I'm not sure it would be possible now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It shouldn't be hard to do a global search and replace. The original format:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/009785.html

New:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=009785

The post numbers are the same between the old and new forums. So replace the ".html" on the original with nothing. And then replace the remaining URL string, leaving the post number (in this case 009785) untouched.

Just be sure to keep the forum numbers straight. smile.gif The main forum is number 1. In the original URL, it's listed in the string as "Forum1" and the new it's "f=1". Try to resist replacing forum 2 with forum 1. ;)

Should work ok. Just be sure to keep a backup of the original in case you end up replacing the wrong string.

- Chris

I think each soldier needs to be tracked by name and personal history. We should see messages like "Pvt. Green takes one in the leg, three inches below the knee! His movement speed is reduced to 1, and he'll have a limp for the next three weeks." Then, at the end of a battle, we should see a list of every single soldier, and what happened to them. Oh, and a list of their home towns, too! ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Robert Mayer wrote:

I think each soldier needs to be tracked by name and personal history.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the true wargamers among us have felt short-changed since Hasbro's Squad Leader, that fine production which remains true to the principles of realism and accuracy upheld by Avalon Hill's original board game, introduced a feature whereby a soldier's morale can be harmed by events such as a 'Dear John' letter from home. I know why that 6lb'er didn't take out the Jagdpanther through its frontal armour – it's because Corporal Perrin just got ditched by his girlfriend, but BTS is hiding this information from us! Heck, I don't even know what he had for breakfast!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> know why that 6lb'er didn't take out the Jagdpanther through its frontal armour – it's because Corporal Perrin just got d

itched by his girlfriend <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And he was out of cigarettes too! :rolleyes: