Mod wish list

After playing CM for a 1 1/2 now, you all have to agree that the mods for CM have come a long way. It seems that a few new mods need to be done, to meet the quality of some of the others. So I thought I would start a mod wish list.

Allies

Halftracks, M4A1 & M21 Mortar carriers, Pershings

Germans

Wespe & Marder III, Marder II, Nashorn & Hummel, JagdpanzerIV, King Tiger, JagdTiger, Hetzer. Maybe a new JagdPanther and Armored cars

I mean no disrespect to any of the guys who released any of the above mods, I just would like to see some new mods of these vehicles.

Shatter

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Shatter ]

My wish list is different :

Allies Halftracks, M4A1 & M21 Mortar carriers : these have been thoroughly treated by Marco/Gordon

Pershings : OH YES, THESE ARE NEEDED !

...but I would add all Brit tanks : Cromwell, Churchills, Challenger, Archer...

Germans

Wespe & Marder III, Marder II : OK, these don't have high quality hires mods

Nashorn & Hummel : I've a very good mod for them, with color choice smile.gif , from Mike Duplessis- they're at CMHQ, but strangely under "Support Vehicles"...

JagdpanzerIV, King Tiger, JagdTiger, Hetzer. Maybe a new JagdPanther and Armored cars : for these I've all that I need, what I need is an hires TIGER I that "fits" with my other German tanks

*Hi Mom, your Tiger is very good Matt, but the color isn't this fall fashion ! :D:D *

Man I started a trend.

A few weeks ago I posted a thread that basically stated all the mods that need to be done either in HiRes or even LoRes. The MOD community listened it would seem.

There is a Churchill or two on the way. Croms hopefully will not be far behind. The Dailmer is also on the list.

Anywho just thought I would stick my head in here and state that for no apparent reason. I am babbling.

Yeah, the British tanks need a hi-res makeover. The Shermans have seen LOTS of attention.

As for the US halftracks, Magua has made some very nice ones a while back, even with snow-covered textures for the cold-weather inclined.

The Tiger IE does need a hi-res makeover bad... and don't forget the charging knight emblem! Tiger's Tiger I has done a fine job but looks odd with all these hi-res mods floating near it nowadays.

The Pershings need a makeover more badly than the Tigers do though.

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Warmaker ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

My wish list is different :...but I would

add all Brit tanks : Cromwell, Churchills, Challenger, Archer...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

May I direct your attention to Gordon's statements concerning the Archer...

We need to petition him for a "full monty" Archer mod. This Panzer killer has gone unmodded for too long, compatriots!

May as well throw my opinion in.....

A nice Hi Res Humber with unit markings etc and ditto for the Daimler, (especially in need of attention I think!)

As for Brit tanks, theres some incredibly nice Hi-Res mods in the pipeline, sorry, can't remember the Mod author (may be Feldrau?) But the thread is 'Big Ugly Tank Mod' I think. Nice Pics!!!! :cool:

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: danvnuk ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Danvnuk,

Pawbroon made an excellent HiRes Humber car, it was available at CM Outpost and (perhaps) Combat Missions IIRC.

I can also send it to you via email smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that Pascal. I already have this mod installed and although it is nice, it seems for want of a better word 'shiny' compared to the other Brit mods by Magua, Gordon and Pawbroom himself that I have installed, they all seem a lot more matt in colour.

Cheers anyway though!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

We need to see some very hi-res Brit tanks, along the lines of Gordon, Fernando etc etc. Would be perfect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------------------------------------

Agreed, I to would like British Tanks. There are some good ones, but up date with some of the newest mods. Most of all I want the Pershing and King Tiger done. I usually don't use Pershings or King Tigers, but I played a scenario last night with these Bad Boys in it, and I just don't have a mod that looks good with the other newest mods.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fairbairn-Sykes Trench Knife:

May I direct your attention to Gordon's statements concerning the Archer...

We need to petition him for a "full monty" Archer mod. This Panzer killer has gone unmodded for too long, compatriots!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You misread. Gordon says that he has a "Full Monty" set of Feldgrau's JEEPS. Including US/FF/UK/CA/PO and even including Military Police versions. These should be released shortly. He has enhanced all of them very well. However he did leave the basic textures there. When CMMOS v2.02 is released it will include the Jeeps I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

We need to see some very hi-res Brit tanks, along the lines of Gordon, Fernando etc etc. Would be perfect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feldgrau will release his very hi-res CMMOS compatible Churchill shortly. See this thread. Big Ugly Tank Mod

He's already started on the Cromwell, Challenger, and Comet.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danvnuk:

Thanks for that Pascal. I already have this mod installed and although it is nice, it seems for want of a better word 'shiny' compared to the other Brit mods by Magua, Gordon and Pawbroom himself that I have installed, they all seem a lot more matt in colour.

Cheers anyway though!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes I forgot that !! Pawbroon realized that too and made a "matt" variant, it's at Tom HQ http://home.nexgo.de/tcmhq

smile.gif

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Pascal DI FOLCO ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cubbies Phan:

You misread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, i'm well aware that he's planning some jeeps, I was just using that thread to illustrate that Gordon says he doesn't know of any Archer mods on the horizon, so,we should petition one of these Mod Gurus to design an Archer.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Måkjager:

You will have to wait until CMBB for the 505th sPz Abt Tiger I/II with the charging Knight emblem as that outfit never served on the Western front ;)

Regards

Måkjager<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah jeez... but the thing just looks too cool to be left out.

BTW, I bought a 1/35 model of the modern Leopard 2A5. One of the Germans' current panzer units has gone retro and uses that charging knight emblem. Neat!