To the Mod Gods...

Well, I don't really consider myself to be a "mod god", more like a "24th level mod-cleric" really. However, I have seen a very nice Churchill in-progress from a "mod god" not on your pantheon.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the student to figure out who it is. :D

Gordon

Mr. Molek. Don't be bashful. Just think how many people actually use your mods. How many of your tanks have rolled over enemy positions...

Is it Pawbroon? There is too many of you to remember off the top of my head.

I remember last summer I'd be checkin' out the mods and installing them to see what they looked like, more than playing the game. Now all I do is play the game.

Oh hey Gordon... thanks for makin' my battlefield look like a battlefield.

Actually, in going back through my mystical book of incantations for summoning new mods, I can't seem to find that spell for invoking the Churchill. Since I don't want to put my foot in my mouth by praying to the wrong deity (who knows what we might end up with, a hi-res H-39 mod in ambush camouflage? The mind recoils in horror), suffice it to say that I know of at least 1 hi res Churchill mod in progress and that the results will be well worth the wait.

Thank you for your kind words.

Gordon

I know hardly anybody uses the Pershing but if it was better looking maybe more would. I do play with the Pershing quite a bit, normally just to get even after having all my Sherman's killed but it is not a really good looking mod. Tiger did it and it was a huge improvement over the original back then - way back then, but just doesn't even come close to comparing with what the more recent mods look like. Do you think it'll ever get improved? I would love to see what one of you mod Gods could do to it. It wouldn't even take that long. I could do it back my back is bothering me- well that and I don't have a clue how it's done. I would otherwise. :D Hey, no harm in asking.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

I know hardly anybody uses the Pershing but if it was better looking maybe more would. I do play with the Pershing quite a bit, normally just to get even after having all my Sherman's killed but it is not a really good looking mod. Tiger did it and it was a huge improvement over the original back then - way back then, but just doesn't even come close to comparing with what the more recent mods look like. Do you think it'll ever get improved? I would love to see what one of you mod Gods could do to it. It wouldn't even take that long. I could do it back my back is bothering me- well that and I don't have a clue how it's done. I would otherwise. :D Hey, no harm in asking.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that on the Pershing. Some more mods on Brit vehicles would also be nice. They seem so neglected compared to German and US stuff

Not that I consider myself a Mod God (I only have my Apprentice Mod Maker's Card)...

I am just about complete with the Universal Carrier series for all Commonwealth nations, and I am about to send off the alpha version of the Churchill series to the review committee for critique. That one is still a ways off, considering how slow I move...

Regards,

MSP

Im still new to the scene, but Ive done the same thing, just downlaoding mods all day, trying them out. Fernando, and Gordon have done my fav's, but there is tons of good stuff out there. I dont think Manx has been home since Ive owned the game(!) but that is one of the best places to check.Would someone do th Daimler, or the Humber HC? The only mods Ive been able to find are so-so at best. I dont mean any offence to the modders, I just want everything to look as good as my shermans, and Panther Gs. Thank you all for the exellent work, its almost a hobby for me to zoom,(or crawl(netzero))around and find the best mods.

Whatever happened to Fernando? He was producing those jaw-dropping Panther, StuG/StuH, and German half-track mods.

Does anyone know of a SS Tiger I mod? As much as I like the Mad Dog pack version, I want some SS schwere panzer markings, particularly Das Reich if it exists.

Just out of a matter of interest, has anybody produced a definitive list of what each bmp graphic is? I'm doing some of my own mods and I usually have a great deal of difficulty identifying what each part of the vehicle is, as they are often distorted or not terribly obvious.

Yeah, the site COMBAT MISSIONS(Sorry,I dont know how to do the link thingy) has a definitive(almost?)list of MOD links, and in the how-to section, there is a list of Bmp files and whole bunches of Gooooood shiznit.

Thanks for the Daimler,BTW.I Would dig a link to Fernando's homepage, if he even has one, I want to check out all that hes done, Im not sure if Ive seen it all yet. smile.gif

Is there ever a vote or anything like that for best mod? if so, how is it done?

Thanks

As a matter of interest i was wondering if you guys could help me.

I have several ideas for the Marder/Wespe mod pak i had been working on since a fair while back...i stopped due to losing my mod lust as i found working on my iMac very tiring.

Well , that was then and this is now...i will be getting a new system sometime this week ( mb tomorrow ) and once all is set up i intend to finish it off.

My request is....is there any particular preference for any of the following schemes....do you want them dirty/clean/battleworn/markings...

I am just looking to try gauge what direction i should go in.

Thanks

Regards.

MÃ¥kjager

ps..these are all rough cuts.

View?u=1398959&a=10450173&p=49932517

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: MÃ¥kjager ]

Well, since nobody else says somefink :D

Makjager, I sort of like No.4. Dirty, maybe a bit of shrapnel markings from CB fire, and markings would be great. I am expecting a history of Panzerartilleryregiment 13, I hope there will be pictures, and could supply you with the correct markings for that division.

Look forward to that - what is the new system you are getting?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MÃ¥kjager:

My request is....is there any particular preference for any of the following schemes....do you want them dirty/clean/battleworn/markings...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you ask me, I would prefer to see the number five because of the good looking trackset. But otherwise number two's coloring is the best for my liking. Maybe if you could combine the two ;)

And yep, dirty and battleworn.

Good looking mods as always, keep up the good work.

Ari

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

When will the churchill be released for the public?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's gonna be a while yet. Feldgrau has just got its basic structure. He needs to fine tune the details, shadows, 'n stuff. Then he's gonna add the kit and markings.

You all are gonna wanna use the Churchill more often once this baby comes out. I think Gordon's chompin' at the bit to do camo versions 'n stuff.

Here's the Churchill compared next to his Sexton.

pubimage.asp?id_=52335

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]