Tank-cam or view for CM2

How cool would it be to sit inside a tiger viewing from the slits while shooting up some apartment or some such object?

Thought it could be sweet, Dungeon Master2 had this mode where you could assume the first person perspective of any of your minions, that is what gave me the idea.

Hi,

I too think it would be fun to have a camera angle from inside a turret. Just a slightly different angle to the current “unit lock” angle with a touch of artwork round the edges to look as if seen through a commanders slit.

This is in no way a request for CM to move even slightly towards becoming a shooter. CM is the only computer game I play and I have zero interest in shooters. (That does not mean I think there is anything wrong with them for those that enjoy them.)

The option of a camera angle that is a touch more “through the eyes of the unit commander” would be fun.

All the best,

Kip.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sergei:

How about a "shell-cam"? Think about riding on a 88mm AP shell when it leaves Tiger's muzzle, zooming across the battlefield with a velocity of 800 metres per second, and then hitting a T-34? That could be fun... but no, it'd be useless.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The helicopter sim "Comanche 3" had this mode. You could select a view from the ammo's perspective. I used to shoot over a hill and use this view to try to find my opponent. Didn't work all that well since you couldn't look around and the trip was very fast, but it was kind of fun.

Guest Mikey D

When CM first came out I sent the demo to a buddy and he emailed back that he couldn't find the keyboard command to get to the shooter's view! I had to explain to him CM wasn't an arcade game. Once he got over not aiming and shooting at the targets, he got into the game bigtime.