300 point QB

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Bloody, I would love to see it, if you would send it my way. Small scenarios can be superb, as you have a greater ability to focus on the small details, not only in the terrain, but in the force selection.

This also presents a challenge, as the whole scenario can turn on a dime. 1 tank brewing up can decide the entire outcome decisively. But, when designed well, small battles IMO give you more of a sense of urgency, and a connection to your digital men. You have to preserve them. Ramelle is a good example of a small scenario that just plain rocks.

Its not the size of the struggle, its the struggle itself that matters. smile.gif

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Also, you can play small scenarios in "ironman" mode, which is the manliest way to play CM.

ironman - CM battle played at ALL times from the #1 and #2 perspective, with NO floating around the map. All you get is one peek at the beginning from view 6, and the rest is only from the perspective of your units.

Small scenarios are the best. I also like to play all infantry scenarios. That way your squad level tactics really come in to play. The superior tactician is rewarded and it's less of a dice roll to see who has the last tank. I prefer 300-600 point battles, they rule.

------------------

"So be cheery, my lads, let your hearts never fail,

While the bold harpooner is striking the whale!" -Nantucket Song

Originally posted by harpooner:

The superior tactician is rewarded and it's less of a dice roll to see who has the last tank. I prefer 300-600 point battles, they rule.

Actually, the fewer the units the greater the role luck plays.

But, whatever. I prefer 3000 pt battalion slugfests myself but it's all personal taste.

------------------

What a bunch of horsecrap. -Steve

Small QBs were all I used to play until I got my new computer. I think they can be great. I'm in the middle of a huge 3000pt multi player PBEM and I'm glad I only have a single company to take care of.

BTW on the CM Map case site[?] there is a small Normandy village, that's perfect for an ambush in a small scale scenario. I found it gave me one of the most intense games I've had. Highly recommended.