WWII Online (off topic)

I'm soooo off topic I couldn't find CM with a stepladder and a radio telescope. So, lock me Amadeus without hesitation, moderators.

On to the post:

Amazingly enough, it looks like wwii online is actually going to be released. Anyone planning on trying out the 'virtual battlefield'?

Looks like fun, but if there are too many '733t 5n1p3r5' and twitch-crowders, it's back to good 'ol turn based grog-land.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mcgivney:

I'm soooo off topic I couldn't find CM with a stepladder and a radio telescope. So, lock me Amadeus without hesitation, moderators.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't starting this thread the equivalent of a blind man trying to walk across a six-lane car highway, despite all the noise, AND being surprised when he gets hit by a car, then dies??

In answer to your question, WW2OL looks like an expensive version of Quake 3.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. Bates:

[QB]Isn't starting this thread the equivalent of a blind man trying to walk across a six-lane car highway, despite all the noise, AND being surprised when he gets hit by a car, then dies?? [QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, because I won't be suprised.

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: mcgivney ]

Bates@

Seems you need to make a closer look on it!!..

I think, its a good new way to play a game. Not like the single heroes like in other games "im the super rambo sniper" or "im the taktical rommel two".

No Aiming supports like crosses. We r now 50 men in our Unit (Squad) (only Inf. and Pak). If the most of it r online and we start together an attack..would be really fun.

IMO, its a new and the rigth way for online gaming. Sure, the grafik isnt up to date, but its a first step into the rigth direktion.

The few people who actually play infantrymen will quit when they find out they can be killed by the many pilots and tankers out there, but they can't do a damn thing to them.

Then it will be an aircraft and tank filled slugfest, not resembling WWII in any way.