Arty and the map edge

Originally posted by CavScout:

What I mean is the blast effect lost?

Well, this happened to me the other day when I was shelling a couple AT guns that the gamey cheating bastard AI had put right at the rear edge of the map.

In fact, the long pointy towing things on the back end of one of the guns were nearly hanging off the map.

Anyhow, one of the shells -- a 150mm shell-- landed right behind the AT gun. I'm pretty confident it was off map, but I couldn't be 100 percent sure.

Anyhow, it took out the gun.

So the answer is I don't actually know, but I think the blast effect is not lost.

Ive often woundered this too. If u put an AT gun RIGHT in a corner of the map effectively 2 sides are covered by the map edge. So IF artillery that explodes off the edge of the map doesn't count it should make it much harder to kill.

It happened to me just recently that I had some infantry cowering in some light trees at the edge of the map, and an arty round (120mm) landed off the edge: They said "Ow" and took 2 casualties --- so I'd say the effects of the blast radius apply, even if the center of the impact is off map.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Add me to the list of the "franged from beyond the edge." I not only took casualties, but I think the computer threw up on offmap virtual crater, too.

Kingfish remembers the game quite well--death from above via 300mm rockets.

Regards,

John Kettler

*BUMP*

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Add me to the list of the "franged from beyond the edge." I not only took casualties, but I think the computer threw up on offmap virtual crater, too.

Kingfish remembers the game quite well--death from above via 300mm rockets.

Regards,

John Kettler

Hamster guided rockets at that! Better accuracy than a TRP.