5,000 Pt. Meeting Engagement in progress/AAR...New pic's.

Turn 28

Very heavy fighting continues near the Chateau and northern bridge. The Chateau itself has been reduced to rubble as heavy tank fire takes its toll on the American troops. The main objective, the bridge is in sight. Many enemy tanks occupy the high ground west of the northern bridge offering resistance to our efforts. Eleven enemy tanks have been confirmed hit and destroyed with many more still moving west of the ravine.

View from directly east of the Cemetery, the Northern objective (bridge) can be seen.

Gnorth1.gif

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn 28 Southern sector

The strong enemy southern assault was stopped with heavy losses to the attackers. The American troops have reorganized and renewed their efforts. Pushing towards the northern bridge and are being brought under heavy fire.

The southern objective of the bridge remains held by the enemy. Light enemy armor has been seen moving through the large Valley where the ravine exits the southern mountains. With fresh troops arriving just minutes ago our efforts to renew the push south and capture the southern bridge will be renewed!

--------------

View of the Southern Bridge near where the American assault was stopped. American troops can be seen attacking north towards the Chateau to the right of the picture. The American positions west of the ravine near the northern bridge may also be seen in the distance.

Gsouth1.gif

Turn 28 Southern sector

The strong enemy southern assault was stopped with heavy losses to the attackers. The American troops have reorganized and renewed their efforts. Pushing towards the northern bridge and are being brought under heavy fire.

The southern objective of the bridge remains held by the enemy. Light enemy armor has been seen moving through the large Valley where the ravine exits the southern mountains. With fresh troops arriving just minutes ago our efforts to renew the push south and capture the southern bridge will be renewed!

--------------

View of the Southern Bridge near where the American assault was stopped. American troops can be seen attacking north towards the Chateau to the right of the picture. The American positions west of the ravine near the northern bridge may also be seen in the distance.

Gsouth1.gif

Our re-enforcements have finally arrived, and hopefully will make their presence felt in the battle. Lots of Germans have been spotted in the woods East of the South Bridge. The Tigers in the Chateau area make our advance there very costly, but progress is being made.

There is some enemy tank action in the Northern woods, with one of our northern most tanks probably killed by one of those tanks.

This is no longer a battle of maneuver, but one of attrition, I doubt either side has enough assets to make a serious push on multiple fronts. We continue to consolidate our forces and we will make our stand, as we continue to hold both banks of the ravine.

The Germans will not cross these bridges.

Our tank losses have been high, with many being lost to infantry fire, but the Germans have also lost many tanks, and they seem to be mostly grouped in the Chateau area.

Gyrene

Our re-enforcements have finally arrived, and hopefully will make their presence felt in the battle. Lots of Germans have been spotted in the woods East of the South Bridge. The Tigers in the Chateau area make our advance there very costly, but progress is being made.

There is some enemy tank action in the Northern woods, with one of our northern most tanks probably killed by one of those tanks.

This is no longer a battle of maneuver, but one of attrition, I doubt either side has enough assets to make a serious push on multiple fronts. We continue to consolidate our forces and we will make our stand, as we continue to hold both banks of the ravine.

The Germans will not cross these bridges.

Our tank losses have been high, with many being lost to infantry fire, but the Germans have also lost many tanks, and they seem to be mostly grouped in the Chateau area.

Gyrene

Our Southern Probe was a success, completely routing, destroying or capturing all defenders of the Southern Bridge and placing it fully under our control, granting us the ability to cross it at will and unopposed. It has also forced the Germans into a pocket of resistance toward the Chateau area.

Their mission of securing the South bridge completed, Able Co. has now swung North to assist Baker Co. in the Chateau area.

A German push in the South Bridge area by fresh forces is expected, and will be dealt with when the time comes.

Gyrene

Our Southern Probe was a success, completely routing, destroying or capturing all defenders of the Southern Bridge and placing it fully under our control, granting us the ability to cross it at will and unopposed. It has also forced the Germans into a pocket of resistance toward the Chateau area.

Their mission of securing the South bridge completed, Able Co. has now swung North to assist Baker Co. in the Chateau area.

A German push in the South Bridge area by fresh forces is expected, and will be dealt with when the time comes.

Gyrene

Turn 36, (this one isn’t pretty!)

The heavy fighting continues near the Chateau becoming sparodic at times. The American defenders have been slowly worn down and the Northern Bridge will soon be captured. Two Crack infantry platoons, supported by two Tiger tanks have destroyed a platoon of enemy infantry in a wooded area just north of the bridge. No other troops stand in our way in this sector.

Our southern forces have assembled and will launch their counter-attack of the southern objective within minutes. Victory will soon be ours!

dguys.jpg

The death of an Elite Platoon.

[ 05-27-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Turn 36, (this one isn’t pretty!)

The heavy fighting continues near the Chateau becoming sparodic at times. The American defenders have been slowly worn down and the Northern Bridge will soon be captured. Two Crack infantry platoons, supported by two Tiger tanks have destroyed a platoon of enemy infantry in a wooded area just north of the bridge. No other troops stand in our way in this sector.

Our southern forces have assembled and will launch their counter-attack of the southern objective within minutes. Victory will soon be ours!

dguys.jpg

The death of an Elite Platoon.

[ 05-27-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Another Tiger tank has been killed by frontal hits, 2 of them from a single Sherman. The Germans have finally made it out of their holes and started a push on the North Bridge in their only offensive action of the battle so far. A earlier probe by a German platoon at the very same spot was killed to the last man.

The vague threats of a Southern Offensive by the Huns is laughed at.

Gyrene

Another Tiger tank has been killed by frontal hits, 2 of them from a single Sherman. The Germans have finally made it out of their holes and started a push on the North Bridge in their only offensive action of the battle so far. A earlier probe by a German platoon at the very same spot was killed to the last man.

The vague threats of a Southern Offensive by the Huns is laughed at.

Gyrene

A earlier probe by a German platoon at the very same spot was killed to the last man-Gyrene

err...that was two men and a small dog sniffing around. You remember, the ones two of your squads chased into the 88's?

A earlier probe by a German platoon at the very same spot was killed to the last man-Gyrene

err...that was two men and a small dog sniffing around. You remember, the ones two of your squads chased into the 88's?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

Interesting battle,

Abott, what HT mod you got there??

Thanx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ack, Rommel. I am not sure on the 251, it has foliage added to it and is very well done.

I lost track of which mods. are which I changed them so often until I found a combination that worked. If you would care to e-mail me I will see if I can find it on my system and .zip it up for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

Interesting battle,

Abott, what HT mod you got there??

Thanx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ack, Rommel. I am not sure on the 251, it has foliage added to it and is very well done.

I lost track of which mods. are which I changed them so often until I found a combination that worked. If you would care to e-mail me I will see if I can find it on my system and .zip it up for you.

Turn 40 (out of 45)

The tough fighting American troops have bloodied our forces. The Northern objectives, Chateau Neuf du Pape and the northern bridge are in our control. Fighting has become sporadic. The heaviest fighting is still near the northern bridge where we are engaging American armor located to the west.

An officer arrived moments ago from our supporting artillery battalion with orders to support another push at the objectives. Our troops are battle worn but bravely push forward…

bh41.jpg

The final push thru the leveled Chateau Neuf du Pape.

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Turn 40 (out of 45)

The tough fighting American troops have bloodied our forces. The Northern objectives, Chateau Neuf du Pape and the northern bridge are in our control. Fighting has become sporadic. The heaviest fighting is still near the northern bridge where we are engaging American armor located to the west.

An officer arrived moments ago from our supporting artillery battalion with orders to support another push at the objectives. Our troops are battle worn but bravely push forward…

bh41.jpg

The final push thru the leveled Chateau Neuf du Pape.

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]