5,000 Pt. Meeting Engagement in progress/AAR...New pic's.

Gyrene has agreed to a Blood Hamster feud. The victorious player will write the defeated player’s sig. file that will be attached to the defeated player’s posts for one week.

Gyrene has made oh so terrible an error in judgement (I hope) and I have already begun thinking of interesting items to add to his Sig. file.

Edit: In the fine tradition of "Blood Hamster's everywhere our match has now become a contest for one month of owning the defeated players .sig file.

The Battle;

The battle takes place on a 1200X1200 custom map with forces purchased (5,000) by Moriarty for both players. The battle is being fought PBEM and was started just a couple of hours ago.

The information we both had to start the battle was myself (Abbott) has the Axis forces, which will include either Tiger I’s, Panther’s or heavy Jpanzers, no mention of which or how many of. The OOB’s will be selected upon historical lines and be purchased to be as fair as possible to each player.

It is now turn two. We plan to share a running AAR with the forum and divulge, as much information during the flow of battle as is possible to do without harming our chances of success. (Hopefully Gyrene will divulge more information than that). The map without forces in place is available by e-mail to anyone interested in seeing it from

abbott@tournamenthouse.com

Briefing to both player's:

It is September 1944, a scant three months after the breakout from Normandy. Units of the now tested U.S. 1st. Division and the German veteran 352nd. Infantry division are about to meet head-on in the countryside of France.

Axis brief , (well almost)..

To: Maj. Abbott

Re: bridges

Date: 17 September 1944

Our intelligence has confirmed enemy activity in the vicinity of Chateau Neuf du Pape Unfortunately the intelligence reveals little of the size or composition of the enemy forces. Two bridges in the vicinity of the village are of vital importance. We must take and hold them. Demolition teams will be moving up in two days time to mine the bridges.

Proceed with your Kampfgruppe to the village. Your primary objective is to seize the bridges. Your secondary objective is to seize and hold the crossroads west of Chateau Neuf du Pape. As usual you will receive no (blanked out).

Your Kampfgruppe will be supported by (blanked out) from the 21st. Panzer division.

If the situation changes elsewhere we will try and reinforce your Kampfgruppe but do not expect reinforcements to arrive.

Abbott's knuckle dragging offenders of liberty and the olfactory senses will soon be retreating and panicked like the mob they are.

Either that or I'll be sporting a brand new sig.

P.S. I have given Abbott the chance to surrender already, but he has foolishly declined.

Gyrene

Turn three arrived with US artillery falling near the minor objective flag near the Crossroads. The Axis forces of course are nowhere near the Crossroads as of yet but do hope for some nice craters to call home soon near them.

Turn four

The map:

The map is mostly high ground. There are lowlands to the south that rise steeply towards the high-forested ground. A very large and rugged ravine splits the map running diagonally along a northwestern axis. Two large, high stone bridges cross this ravine some distance apart and are several tiles wide.

A large victory flag occupies the western end of the southern most bridge in a small village. The ground surrounding the village is fairly rough and broken.

A small victory flag occupies a dirt crossroads a short distance east of the northern bridge. A large flag is located in the village, which lies between the crossroads and the large stone bridge.

Axis report:

Kampfgruppe Abbott has slowly been moving forward towards the objectives through wooded terrain. The terrain is fairly flat which blocks the view down into the large valley and ravine. Only a few minor roads are available for movement and the ground is wet. An overcast sky is helping to keep us covered from allied air support.

Enemy artillery has been falling near the crossroads and now is striking the village near the northern bridge. There seems to be two enemy batteries firing that have caused causalities among some of our more seasoned troops.

The Germans have proceeded to level the key large heavy building on my side of the southern bridge, doing me the favor of exposing some of his armor.

I informed the German commander that he will be held responsible for the cost of the damage he causes here when this war ends.

Meanwhile there are some uncorfirmed reports of enemy contact on the German's northern flank, deep inside his territory.

Gyrene

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gyrene has agreed to a Blood Hamster feud. The victorious player will write the defeated player’s sig. file that will be attached to the defeated player’s posts for one week.

Gyrene has made oh so terrible an error in judgement (I hope) and I have already begun thinking of interesting items to add to his Sig. file.

Edit: In the fine tradition of "Blood Hamster's everywhere our match has now become a contest for one month of owning the defeated players .sig file.

The Battle;

The battle takes place on a 1200X1200 custom map with forces purchased (5,000) by Moriarty for both players. The battle is being fought PBEM and was started just a couple of hours ago.

The information we both had to start the battle was myself (Abbott) has the Axis forces, which will include either Tiger I’s, Panther’s or heavy Jpanzers, no mention of which or how many of. The OOB’s will be selected upon historical lines and be purchased to be as fair as possible to each player.

It is now turn two. We plan to share a running AAR with the forum and divulge, as much information during the flow of battle as is possible to do without harming our chances of success. (Hopefully Gyrene will divulge more information than that). The map without forces in place is available by e-mail to anyone interested in seeing it from

abbott@tournamenthouse.com

Briefing to both player's:

It is September 1944, a scant three months after the breakout from Normandy. Units of the now tested U.S. 1st. Division and the German veteran 352nd. Infantry division are about to meet head-on in the countryside of France.

Axis brief , (well almost)..

To: Maj. Abbott

Re: bridges

Date: 17 September 1944

Our intelligence has confirmed enemy activity in the vicinity of Chateau Neuf du Pape Unfortunately the intelligence reveals little of the size or composition of the enemy forces. Two bridges in the vicinity of the village are of vital importance. We must take and hold them. Demolition teams will be moving up in two days time to mine the bridges.

Proceed with your Kampfgruppe to the village. Your primary objective is to seize the bridges. Your secondary objective is to seize and hold the crossroads west of Chateau Neuf du Pape. As usual you will receive no (blanked out).

Your Kampfgruppe will be supported by (blanked out) from the 21st. Panzer division.

If the situation changes elsewhere we will try and reinforce your Kampfgruppe but do not expect reinforcements to arrive.

Abbott's knuckle dragging offenders of liberty and the olfactory senses will soon be retreating and panicked like the mob they are.

Either that or I'll be sporting a brand new sig.

P.S. I have given Abbott the chance to surrender already, but he has foolishly declined.

Gyrene

Turn three arrived with US artillery falling near the minor objective flag near the Crossroads. The Axis forces of course are nowhere near the Crossroads as of yet but do hope for some nice craters to call home soon near them.

Turn four

The map:

The map is mostly high ground. There are lowlands to the south that rise steeply towards the high-forested ground. A very large and rugged ravine splits the map running diagonally along a northwestern axis. Two large, high stone bridges cross this ravine some distance apart and are several tiles wide.

A large victory flag occupies the western end of the southern most bridge in a small village. The ground surrounding the village is fairly rough and broken.

A small victory flag occupies a dirt crossroads a short distance east of the northern bridge. A large flag is located in the village, which lies between the crossroads and the large stone bridge.

Axis report:

Kampfgruppe Abbott has slowly been moving forward towards the objectives through wooded terrain. The terrain is fairly flat which blocks the view down into the large valley and ravine. Only a few minor roads are available for movement and the ground is wet. An overcast sky is helping to keep us covered from allied air support.

Enemy artillery has been falling near the crossroads and now is striking the village near the northern bridge. There seems to be two enemy batteries firing that have caused causalities among some of our more seasoned troops.

The Germans have proceeded to level the key large heavy building on my side of the southern bridge, doing me the favor of exposing some of his armor.

I informed the German commander that he will be held responsible for the cost of the damage he causes here when this war ends.

Meanwhile there are some uncorfirmed reports of enemy contact on the German's northern flank, deep inside his territory.

Gyrene

Turn 8

The German forces have engaged Gyrene’s troops near the southern bridge. Movement spotted in the large stone building overlooking the western approach to the bridge drew heavy HE and 81mm mortar fire. The building was destroyed, with no sign of its occupants.

The crossroads near the northern bridge are still under heavy artillery fire. The fire now seems scattered and is falling to the rear of the crossroads. Farther north in the woods what appears to be an American infantry platoon has been engaged in a close-in fight in a heavily wooded area by infantry from first Company.

Heavy artillery fire is still landing in the northern village. No enemy movement near the northern bridge has been observed at this time.

My scouts in the woods on the north side of the map have made contact with and eliminated a German rifle squad and was engaged in a brief but heated fire fight with 3 more German squads who have since retreated.

Artillery continues to pound the west side of the Chateau and the assault element of Baker company has gained entry to the church and is inflicting heavy casualties on the Pioneer squads defending it. The are unconfirmed reports of kraut armor in the Chateau area.

Light action continues in the southern bridge area, but direct contact has not yet been made with any German infantry.

The Stars and Stripes fly proudly above both bridges, the crossroads is still under Hun control.

We took the fight to the enemy, we will root them out of their hiding holes on their side of the map. No German will cross these bridges alive.

Maj. Gyrene

Turn 10

Heavy fighting has erupted near the northern bridge. A Company of enemy infantry has been engaged in and around the church and cemetery costing a Panzer in the firefight.

I believe the enemy Infantry Company sustained heavy casualties, with two platoons being pushed out of the Church, the firing is still extremely intense and holding the Cemetery is in question.

Tank Destroyers have been spotted across the deep ravine to the south near the western approach to the southern bridge. Our armor is engaging the enemy and the exchange of heavy fire continues, loses have been sustained.

The northern picket platoon has withdrawn from the woods, with the loss of one squad in hand-to-hand combat. The platoon remains in good morale and has fallen back to secondary positions. The number of enemy troops in the northern woods was not ascertained.

In the most intense fighting so far, Baker company has taken the Church at the Chateau and completely eliminated the 2 pioneer squads defending it and inflicting heavy damage to the remainder of the pioneer platoon. Allied and German shells continue to pound the Chateau, with the krauts barrage of 81mm mortars wounding some of their own men in the Church area. Germans in the large building across from the graveyard have joined in the fighting.

An unidentified enemy tank, reportedly a Tiger has been destroyed on the west side of the Chateau. Reports of the first of our tank's shells breaking up on impact support the claims that it was a heavy tank. Another german tank, a PzIV is making its presence felt in the inner Chateau area.

Another German tank, possibly an assault gun, was killed by an excellent 600+ meter first shot, fired by one of our -BLANKED- tanks from across the southern bridge. Light action continues around this area.

There are no reports of renewed enemy contact on the northern flank.

Gyrene

Sgt Johnny Farmboy of Niceville, Iowa lead his squad across the ravine of death towards their destiny, Johnny was an All-American quarter back/defensive lineman and starting pitcher for his Niceville High School teams (The Niceville Good Guys) and he snatched German grenades from the air as they fell and hurdled them back with the precision that made him Major League Baseball's top prospect in '42, but he said "No thanks...There's a war on, and no one likes to fight, but someone has to..." and between pitching grenades back he would tackle german troops with the ferocity that made him the scourge of the grid-iron. All the while he sang "Glory Glory Aleluia" to motivate his troops, who lovingly called him "Sarge", especially young Timmy Soondead of Gonabiteit Creek, Missouri.

Timmy Soondead was a shy and bookish lad who had never been outside his home town of Gonebiteit Creek and was taken under the wing of Sarge, because Timmy reminded Johnny of his little brother Jimmy.

As they desperatly yet gallantly clawed their way to the top of the ravine Timmy, the shy and bookish lad of Gonabiteit Creek, Missouri who had never left his home town and had yet to fire his rifle in anger, yelled "Look out Sarge!" as an unshaven, shifty looking German sniper took aim at Sarge...

In a blur, Timmy, the shy and bookish lad etc..jumped across the path of Johnny Farmboy and took the bullet that would surely kill his beloved Sarge.

As he lay there dying Timmy could see Sarge throwing his famous tomahawk "Flash", which had been given to Johnny by Chief HonkyTonka of the Plains Indians, who had taught Johnny the ways of the warrior and the spirit of the land, and watching as Flash embedded itself in the shifty, dirty, unshaven Nazi sniper who plumetted from his tree hide with an agonizing groan.

As Johnny held The dying Timmy in his arms, the war seemed to be very far away and Timmy summoned his remaining strenght to deliver this message..."Sarge...Johnny, when this is over... promise me that you will go to my home town and look up my father who.. disowned me, because I wanted to go to school and be a proctologist and not a birthday clown like him...and tell him...I did ok......"

Johnny, fighting back the stream of tears said "I will Timmy...I will"

Then Sarge and the boys finished killing all the Germans, Johnny shagged the French maid and caught a case of VD and they got married and had 8 kids and moved to Toledo where they both work in a bowling alley where Sarge Johnny bores the customers with his war stories and stews in his own bitterness for having lost his Baseball chance when he got severe rotator cuff damage from throwing back too many German grenades.

Sarge forgot all about Timmy and never did go to Gonebiteit Creek.

The End.

Gyrene

Turn 8

The German forces have engaged Gyrene’s troops near the southern bridge. Movement spotted in the large stone building overlooking the western approach to the bridge drew heavy HE and 81mm mortar fire. The building was destroyed, with no sign of its occupants.

The crossroads near the northern bridge are still under heavy artillery fire. The fire now seems scattered and is falling to the rear of the crossroads. Farther north in the woods what appears to be an American infantry platoon has been engaged in a close-in fight in a heavily wooded area by infantry from first Company.

Heavy artillery fire is still landing in the northern village. No enemy movement near the northern bridge has been observed at this time.

My scouts in the woods on the north side of the map have made contact with and eliminated a German rifle squad and was engaged in a brief but heated fire fight with 3 more German squads who have since retreated.

Artillery continues to pound the west side of the Chateau and the assault element of Baker company has gained entry to the church and is inflicting heavy casualties on the Pioneer squads defending it. The are unconfirmed reports of kraut armor in the Chateau area.

Light action continues in the southern bridge area, but direct contact has not yet been made with any German infantry.

The Stars and Stripes fly proudly above both bridges, the crossroads is still under Hun control.

We took the fight to the enemy, we will root them out of their hiding holes on their side of the map. No German will cross these bridges alive.

Maj. Gyrene

Turn 10

Heavy fighting has erupted near the northern bridge. A Company of enemy infantry has been engaged in and around the church and cemetery costing a Panzer in the firefight.

I believe the enemy Infantry Company sustained heavy casualties, with two platoons being pushed out of the Church, the firing is still extremely intense and holding the Cemetery is in question.

Tank Destroyers have been spotted across the deep ravine to the south near the western approach to the southern bridge. Our armor is engaging the enemy and the exchange of heavy fire continues, loses have been sustained.

The northern picket platoon has withdrawn from the woods, with the loss of one squad in hand-to-hand combat. The platoon remains in good morale and has fallen back to secondary positions. The number of enemy troops in the northern woods was not ascertained.

In the most intense fighting so far, Baker company has taken the Church at the Chateau and completely eliminated the 2 pioneer squads defending it and inflicting heavy damage to the remainder of the pioneer platoon. Allied and German shells continue to pound the Chateau, with the krauts barrage of 81mm mortars wounding some of their own men in the Church area. Germans in the large building across from the graveyard have joined in the fighting.

An unidentified enemy tank, reportedly a Tiger has been destroyed on the west side of the Chateau. Reports of the first of our tank's shells breaking up on impact support the claims that it was a heavy tank. Another german tank, a PzIV is making its presence felt in the inner Chateau area.

Another German tank, possibly an assault gun, was killed by an excellent 600+ meter first shot, fired by one of our -BLANKED- tanks from across the southern bridge. Light action continues around this area.

There are no reports of renewed enemy contact on the northern flank.

Gyrene

Sgt Johnny Farmboy of Niceville, Iowa lead his squad across the ravine of death towards their destiny, Johnny was an All-American quarter back/defensive lineman and starting pitcher for his Niceville High School teams (The Niceville Good Guys) and he snatched German grenades from the air as they fell and hurdled them back with the precision that made him Major League Baseball's top prospect in '42, but he said "No thanks...There's a war on, and no one likes to fight, but someone has to..." and between pitching grenades back he would tackle german troops with the ferocity that made him the scourge of the grid-iron. All the while he sang "Glory Glory Aleluia" to motivate his troops, who lovingly called him "Sarge", especially young Timmy Soondead of Gonabiteit Creek, Missouri.

Timmy Soondead was a shy and bookish lad who had never been outside his home town of Gonebiteit Creek and was taken under the wing of Sarge, because Timmy reminded Johnny of his little brother Jimmy.

As they desperatly yet gallantly clawed their way to the top of the ravine Timmy, the shy and bookish lad of Gonabiteit Creek, Missouri who had never left his home town and had yet to fire his rifle in anger, yelled "Look out Sarge!" as an unshaven, shifty looking German sniper took aim at Sarge...

In a blur, Timmy, the shy and bookish lad etc..jumped across the path of Johnny Farmboy and took the bullet that would surely kill his beloved Sarge.

As he lay there dying Timmy could see Sarge throwing his famous tomahawk "Flash", which had been given to Johnny by Chief HonkyTonka of the Plains Indians, who had taught Johnny the ways of the warrior and the spirit of the land, and watching as Flash embedded itself in the shifty, dirty, unshaven Nazi sniper who plumetted from his tree hide with an agonizing groan.

As Johnny held The dying Timmy in his arms, the war seemed to be very far away and Timmy summoned his remaining strenght to deliver this message..."Sarge...Johnny, when this is over... promise me that you will go to my home town and look up my father who.. disowned me, because I wanted to go to school and be a proctologist and not a birthday clown like him...and tell him...I did ok......"

Johnny, fighting back the stream of tears said "I will Timmy...I will"

Then Sarge and the boys finished killing all the Germans, Johnny shagged the French maid and caught a case of VD and they got married and had 8 kids and moved to Toledo where they both work in a bowling alley where Sarge Johnny bores the customers with his war stories and stews in his own bitterness for having lost his Baseball chance when he got severe rotator cuff damage from throwing back too many German grenades.

Sarge forgot all about Timmy and never did go to Gonebiteit Creek.

The End.

Gyrene

Originally posted by Moriarty:

Ah, so this is where you two have got off to. Remember, you combatant types are at liberty to taunt.

Turn 14, eh, good progress. Think this'll go the full 45?

Very high casualties on both sides, it may end before the 45 turns. Gyrene is down to what appears to be a Company (+) of infantry and a half-dozen AFV’s.

I have a bogged Tiger, a MKIV, a few dazed Hamsters and some very fine wine.

My Northern scouting force has now turned into a scrappy ass-kicking machine. They have taken on all comers and have so far apparently eliminated 2 Jerry platoons.

My Southern force is bruised, but in good fighting shape and has now finally closed to hand to hand fighting range, inflicting severe casualties on the Germans found there and eliminating the Company headquarters of the Kraut outfit and locating the juicy prize of an artillery spotter, who will soon be seeing just how far he can run.

The Chateau area remains a meat grinder for both sides, and there is no sight of the two Tigers that were lurking there. The weather forecast for the Hamsters is heavy steel rain expected by turn's end.

I stand by my claim that no Nazis will cross these bridges.

There is no sight of the greatest prize: The stolen vino

Maj Gyrene

Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

I think "a 1200X1200 custom map with

forces purchased (5,000)" is tantamount to a hand to hand melee with stones and bones. I think the points to map size ratio is out of proportion. Why are

5000 pts crammed into such a small space?

IMNSHO (in my not so humble opinion).

cuz that's the way they wanted it. actually, there aren't that many troops and such out there because the combatants wanted to use pretty high quality stuff. That eats up the pointage in a hurry.

Ah, so this is where you two have got off to. Remember, you combatant types are at liberty to taunt.

Turn 14, eh, good progress. Think this'll go the full 45?

Very high casualties on both sides, it may end before the 45 turns. Gyrene is down to what appears to be a Company (+) of infantry and a half-dozen AFV’s.

I have a bogged Tiger, a MKIV, a few dazed Hamsters and some very fine wine.

My Northern scouting force has now turned into a scrappy ass-kicking machine. They have taken on all comers and have so far apparently eliminated 2 Jerry platoons.

My Southern force is bruised, but in good fighting shape and has now finally closed to hand to hand fighting range, inflicting severe casualties on the Germans found there and eliminating the Company headquarters of the Kraut outfit and locating the juicy prize of an artillery spotter, who will soon be seeing just how far he can run.

The Chateau area remains a meat grinder for both sides, and there is no sight of the two Tigers that were lurking there. The weather forecast for the Hamsters is heavy steel rain expected by turn's end.

I stand by my claim that no Nazis will cross these bridges.

There is no sight of the greatest prize: The stolen vino

Maj Gyrene

Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

I think "a 1200X1200 custom map with

forces purchased (5,000)" is tantamount to a hand to hand melee with stones and bones. I think the points to map size ratio is out of proportion. Why are

5000 pts crammed into such a small space?

IMNSHO (in my not so humble opinion).

cuz that's the way they wanted it. actually, there aren't that many troops and such out there because the combatants wanted to use pretty high quality stuff. That eats up the pointage in a hurry.

Turn 19

The Northern US flank attack has been completely destroyed. A unit citation is requested for 3rd. Platoon 2nd. Company and it’s commanding officer. They alone initiated two actions that held our northern flank throughout the entire battle. In conjunction with two teams from the PanzerJager platoon they destroyed 2 American Tanks and a Tank Destroyer along with its compliment of an enemy platoon of infantry and supporting heavy machine guns. The final American tank and accompanying infantry on our northern flank were destroyed at a range of 18 meters in a daring close assault. Some of the citations will need to be awarded to a few of these fine, brave soldiers posthumously.

The battle for the Cemetery in the center of our position continues to be heavily contested. Heavy casualties have been sustained. The troops still hold the Village with the enemy occupying the ruins of the Cathedral and the woods west of the Cemetery.

The southern bridge has been lost and the units tasked to seize it are lost with small remnants forced northeast into the woods with exceedingly high casualties. The American forces continue with their strong southern assault of the central village.

Our Northern flanking attack has been eliminated. The German rats claim a bold frontal assault, but all that was left was a very reduced Platoon of less than 10 men and some crewmen in fighting shape who were easily overrun by the Jerry's still fresh Platoon who decided to come out of hiding and join the fight. That brave American platoon accomplished its mission of tying up German resources in the North with the added bonus of two destroyed German platoons and some casualties caused in the Chateau area. Our tank's performance in the North has been mixed with some mild success and disappointments. The Hun Platoon was disapeared again, but they can't hide forever.

On the Chateau Area out troops continue to hold, slowly wearing down the remaining German defenders who are heavily dug in, but completely innefective as a fighting force.

German tanks continue to haunt the woods just South-east of the Chateau and a maze of hidden schrek gunners has made the area unpassable for our tanks.

Our Southern Force remains in excellent fighting shape, and has thoroughly secured the Southern Bridge area on the German side.

Gyrene

Turn 21

A loud cheer erupts from the troops as the southern enemy assault has been turned away. Officers begin to rally their men, counter- attack to capture the southern bridge is the order of the day!.

Turn 19

The Northern US flank attack has been completely destroyed. A unit citation is requested for 3rd. Platoon 2nd. Company and it’s commanding officer. They alone initiated two actions that held our northern flank throughout the entire battle. In conjunction with two teams from the PanzerJager platoon they destroyed 2 American Tanks and a Tank Destroyer along with its compliment of an enemy platoon of infantry and supporting heavy machine guns. The final American tank and accompanying infantry on our northern flank were destroyed at a range of 18 meters in a daring close assault. Some of the citations will need to be awarded to a few of these fine, brave soldiers posthumously.

The battle for the Cemetery in the center of our position continues to be heavily contested. Heavy casualties have been sustained. The troops still hold the Village with the enemy occupying the ruins of the Cathedral and the woods west of the Cemetery.

The southern bridge has been lost and the units tasked to seize it are lost with small remnants forced northeast into the woods with exceedingly high casualties. The American forces continue with their strong southern assault of the central village.

Our Northern flanking attack has been eliminated. The German rats claim a bold frontal assault, but all that was left was a very reduced Platoon of less than 10 men and some crewmen in fighting shape who were easily overrun by the Jerry's still fresh Platoon who decided to come out of hiding and join the fight. That brave American platoon accomplished its mission of tying up German resources in the North with the added bonus of two destroyed German platoons and some casualties caused in the Chateau area. Our tank's performance in the North has been mixed with some mild success and disappointments. The Hun Platoon was disapeared again, but they can't hide forever.

On the Chateau Area out troops continue to hold, slowly wearing down the remaining German defenders who are heavily dug in, but completely innefective as a fighting force.

German tanks continue to haunt the woods just South-east of the Chateau and a maze of hidden schrek gunners has made the area unpassable for our tanks.

Our Southern Force remains in excellent fighting shape, and has thoroughly secured the Southern Bridge area on the German side.

Gyrene

Turn 21

A loud cheer erupts from the troops as the southern enemy assault has been turned away. Officers begin to rally their men, counter- attack to capture the southern bridge is the order of the day!.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Too much stuff on a too small map. :rolleyes:

Not a good thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The forces are not cramped at all due to the lay of the terrain. It is one of the most interesting and fun battles I have ever played.

I would be pleased to switch sides and give it another go when this battle is over if you would care to see for yourself.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Too much stuff on a too small map. :rolleyes:

Not a good thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The forces are not cramped at all due to the lay of the terrain. It is one of the most interesting and fun battles I have ever played.

I would be pleased to switch sides and give it another go when this battle is over if you would care to see for yourself.

Turn 28

Very heavy fighting continues near the Chateau and northern bridge. The Chateau itself has been reduced to rubble as heavy tank fire takes its toll on the American troops. The main objective, the bridge is in sight. Many enemy tanks occupy the high ground west of the northern bridge offering resistance to our efforts. Eleven enemy tanks have been confirmed hit and destroyed with many more still moving west of the ravine.

View from directly east of the Cemetery, the Northern objective (bridge) can be seen.

Gnorth1.gif